Am I panicking over nothing?

tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I went to my doctor today to get repeats etc... and I have a horrible 7 headed cauliflower growing on my eyelid.....I asked my Mum about this, as she used to have lots of styes when she was run-down........her answer: (Rub your gold wedding ring over it) I had to remind her................. I DON'T HAVE A WEDDING RING , YOU DAFT SOD!...........anyway, I went to the doc today thinking it was just a stye and he might be able to do better than old wives tales. He wants SOMEONE to look at it.......Now I am worried. I heard that there is a link between BC and facial skin cancer........

Oh Bugger it! I can't worry forever....Hugs to you all Jxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    I wouldn't worry. Just go
    I wouldn't worry. Just go see the someone else and know you are taking care of it. Lots of benign stuff also.
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Doctors and Old Wives' Tales
    J, your doc is most likely using extra caution because of your cancer history. That is what my PCP does. She had a spot on my cheek biopsied, just to be on the safe side. This was several months ago, and all was fine. It's good that your doc is referring you to a dermatologist. We all need full body checks now, as we have learned recently. I'm trying to find time to call and schedule an appt. with a dermatologist myself.

As my PCP told me recently, now that I have a bc history, doctors are going to be following up on things that would not have gotten so much attention before. Your doc is also probably reacting to the recent discovery of a link between bc and skin cancer.

Of course you are worried. Anybody would be. But the odds are that the spot is not cancerous. You will feel better having a dermatologist confirm all is well and do something to get rid of that cruciferous veggie perched on your eyelid. We don't want you to run out and marry any old guy just for an eyelid rub.
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Tash
    I can only repeat what Moopy said. Please don't worry, just get it checked out
    =^..^=
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Oh Tasha
    You seem to never get a break! Please keep us posted. I have had several "skin tags" that are harmless, but annoying, removed from my body. I guess it is just all part of the aging process. The only problem as far as the aging process goes....my body seems to be way ahead of my brain!! Pammy
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Oh Tasha
    You seem to never get a break! Please keep us posted. I have had several "skin tags" that are harmless, but annoying, removed from my body. I guess it is just all part of the aging process. The only problem as far as the aging process goes....my body seems to be way ahead of my brain!! Pammy

Tasha,
    I am glad that you

Tasha,
    I am glad that you are having this looked at. I had a cauliflower looking wart that I mentioned to my PCP when he was removing some moles for me. He was concerned about it and removed it and sent it to be biopsied. It turned out to be a squamous skin cancer, very small and contained. These cauliflower warts are often just warts, but they can be a skin cancer. The good news is that basal and squamous are not like a melonoma and they are treatable. I have had several removed over the past several years. The biggest danger is leaving them alone and having them get larger. Basal does not metatisize and squamous only does rarely. But they can cause skin damage and if left to grow larger then scarring from having to remove large areas to get clear margins. But there is every possibility that this is not even a cancer. I know how fearful this can be but try not to worry. I didn't mention my cancer to worry you, but to reassure you that even if it is a cancer it is treatable. Maybe I shouldn't have said anything but I want you to be sure and have it removed, biopsied, and taken care of so don't put this off. Get your daft sod cauliflower to the doctor asap.
    Stef
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Akiss4me said:

Oh Tasha

Pammy got a chuckle from
    Pammy got a chuckle from your comment, What's life without a little humor. We sure need some laughs and lightheartedness dealing with all this yuk. Now that i've had chemo, my brain has caught up with my aging body. Yikes, I loose my thoughts mid sentence and simply cant respond as quickly as I did. I guess in addition to everything else I now have 'sometimers" disease.
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    ((((((HUGS)))))))
    Tasha I have not heard that there is a connection between bc and facial skin cancer I think I will look into this. I hope you don't over stress you simply don't need that (like I have to tell you this, silly me). It is most likely your doctor taking precaution to make sure not to miss anything and have an expert look at this new growth. I think as a bc survivors we will always have alarms and bells and whistles go off in our future which will always be a bit of a stressor. Try to take comfort in knowing that you are getting good care and that your doctor's are leaving no stone unturned in your care. My husband gets a lot of growths on his face, chest, back and legs. He goes to a dermatolegist who freezes them off and sends them in to be tested. He has had all but one come back as basal cell cancers which are easily taken care of by freezing them off. Please keep us posted on how this goes. Once he did have a more serious cancer on his ear that required an in office surgery to remove all of it and he has it regularly checked. Please get back to us as soon as you hear more, we care a great deal for you my friend and I wish you well!

RE
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    RE said:

((((((HUGS)))))))
    Tasha I have not heard that there is a connection between bc and facial skin cancer I think I will look into this. I hope you don't over stress you simply don't need that (like I have to tell you this, silly me). It is most likely your doctor taking precaution to make sure not to miss anything and have an expert look at this new growth. I think as a bc survivors we will always have alarms and bells and whistles go off in our future which will always be a bit of a stressor. Try to take comfort in knowing that you are getting good care and that your doctor's are leaving no stone unturned in your care. My husband gets a lot of growths on his face, chest, back and legs. He goes to a dermatolegist who freezes them off and sends them in to be tested. He has had all but one come back as basal cell cancers which are easily taken care of by freezing them off. Please keep us posted on how this goes. Once he did have a more serious cancer on his ear that required an in office surgery to remove all of it and he has it regularly checked. Please get back to us as soon as you hear more, we care a great deal for you my friend and I wish you well!

RE

Tasha
    Tasha, I am sure that it is something simple that the dermatologist can remove. Please let us know when you find out. Praying for you!
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    RE said:

((((((HUGS)))))))

RE

Hubbydearest had some
    Hubbydearest had some cancerous cells surgically removed from his lower lip. The incision was deep so it required stitches. I told hubby "too bad he didn't sew your mouth shut"...oh, the things we find to laugh about! Anyway, Tasha, I hope this turns out to be nothing serious. Hugs. Gracie
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Hey Tash
    It's only natural to worry, God knows I do my fair share. I hope it is nothing....like Moopy says don't go marry some old geezer just for a gold wedding ring! LOL!
    hugs, jackie
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Tash
    When it gets as big as a cauliflower then we will let you worry. Since you don't have a wedding ring I would let SOMEONE check it out.

Hugs
    Jadie<3
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Get it checked, Tasha
    But like everyone said, it is probably nothing or something extremely treatable. My boss has had squarmous or basal skin cancer removed from her lip. No big deal, just got rid of it and no further treatment required. Like Moopy says, we do have to have full body checks now. It's a good reminder to me to schedule mine in December. I like to put things off. Please let us know.

Mimi
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    mimivac said:

Get it checked, Tasha
    But like everyone said, it is probably nothing or something extremely treatable. My boss has had squarmous or basal skin cancer removed from her lip. No big deal, just got rid of it and no further treatment required. Like Moopy says, we do have to have full body checks now. It's a good reminder to me to schedule mine in December. I like to put things off. Please let us know.

Mimi

Hope you get it checked out
    Hope you get it checked out Tasha and that it is taken care of easily.

Sue :)
  • DebbyM
    DebbyM Member Posts: 3,289 Member
    Ritzy said:

Hope you get it checked out
    Hope you get it checked out Tasha and that it is taken care of easily.

Sue :)

I will just say what the
    I will just say what the others have, get it looked at. And, let us know.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Sorry I saw this post so
    Sorry I saw this post so late Oh Turquoise Goddess~ I say, worry not! If it's a cauliflower I imagine it's simply because you work at a garden center....everything can't come up roses, now, can it??? It probably has comething to do with the Sod where you work~

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    chenheart said:

Sorry I saw this post so
    Sorry I saw this post so late Oh Turquoise Goddess~ I say, worry not! If it's a cauliflower I imagine it's simply because you work at a garden center....everything can't come up roses, now, can it??? It probably has comething to do with the Sod where you work~

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen,
    You are so clever and

Chen,
    You are so clever and humor is so good. I hope it cheers our Tasha and keeps her from worry until they decide what this is.
    Stef