Options
2»

Comments

• roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    What a shock...
    Hi Cynthia

I am 59 and was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer this Feb. I think one of the misconceptions about breast cancer is that once the treatments are done, we are guaranteed to be breast cancer free forever. I just spoke to someone who has a bone metastasis after 14 years. We can only do our best to enjoy our life to the fullest every day. On the bright side, in the past 22 years they have made major headway in the treatment of breast cancer so we are living longer and better lives. It is truly a blessing that your cancer took such a long nap. If we survive long enough, I believe they will find a cure or at least even better treatments. Keep the faith and stay in touch with us.

Roseann
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    RE said:

HUGS*HUGS*HUGS*
    I am sorry that you have to deal with this once again especially after such a long time in remission. I have had cancer on three occassions the last one was 9 years from the second one. It is always a shock but as many have said you can do this, I really believe this! I will most certainly keep you in my prayers. I was 40 when I was dx and had two teen ager's, I too prayed to live to see them grow up. They are now 26 and 29 and I am now praying to live long enough to see my grandchildren grow up and marry! :-D

My best to you,

RE

RE, you are such an inspiration to all of us!

HUGS!
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

What a shock...
    Hi Cynthia

I am 59 and was diagnosed with Stage 1 breast cancer this Feb. I think one of the misconceptions about breast cancer is that once the treatments are done, we are guaranteed to be breast cancer free forever. I just spoke to someone who has a bone metastasis after 14 years. We can only do our best to enjoy our life to the fullest every day. On the bright side, in the past 22 years they have made major headway in the treatment of breast cancer so we are living longer and better lives. It is truly a blessing that your cancer took such a long nap. If we survive long enough, I believe they will find a cure or at least even better treatments. Keep the faith and stay in touch with us.

Roseann

Wishing you good luck with
    Wishing you good luck with your treatment in your fight again Cynthia!

Hugs, Diane ♥