I'm going to go ahead and get it out of the way.

P_I_T_A
P_I_T_A Member Posts: 133
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
Thanks for everyone's input on the chemo matter. Looking back, it was probably just a bad day and I was tying to talk myself into delaying the inevitable. I get my port on Friday and start Tx on the 27th.

DJ

Comments

• just4Brooks
    just4Brooks Member Posts: 980 Member
    Good the hear it
    Good to hear you're going to start asap. I know it get scary sometimes but just take one step at a time.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    :)
    Good, it's better to leave it all on the table now, than to look back later and wonder "what if?"

-Craig
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Good
    You are right, it's just a matter of jumping into it an getting it done. If you were to wait you would look back and say to yourself, "geez if I would had done it when I should have, I would have been done already" and then you still would have to start it. Glad you made that decision. You will get through it.

Kim
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Good,it's good to know you
    Good,it's good to know you made a wise decision.My hubby is going to have a port in soon and we expect his chemo may start at the beginning of Nov.You guys may be on the same chemo party.:)
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Good to hear it...
    I hope you can find some good information and put a program together to help you cope with side-effects. The oncology clinic should be helpful. As I said, I did not suffer the neuropathy but there are others here who could offer helpful remedies. It sounds like you need to work. That may be very doable if the neuropathy is well-managed.

Good luck DJ... Rob; in Van
  • butterfly23
    butterfly23 Member Posts: 256
    Yay!
    Good luck, you made the right choice!
    Karyn
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    So glad to hear you've made
    So glad to hear you've made that choice.

If all goes well, I'll get my new port next week and start on the 22nd. I have to wait for the surgeon to say I'm healed enough from taking the last port out first.

We'll go through it together. Keep us updated. There is lots of good information here, plus lots of support!
  • daydreamer110761
    daydreamer110761 Member Posts: 487 Member

So glad to hear you've made
    So glad to hear you've made that choice.

If all goes well, I'll get my new port next week and start on the 22nd. I have to wait for the surgeon to say I'm healed enough from taking the last port out first.

We'll go through it together. Keep us updated. There is lots of good information here, plus lots of support!

me too
    very glad - should have read this first before I posted on your other one. It's not a good ride no matter what time of year it is, but it's a ride we all have to take to get rid of the thing. (And you will be very glad for the port!)

Kim - I have been saying that about diet and exercise for years - "If I had just started last month...."

Kathryn - I asked on another post - but where in MN? I'm just outside of St. Paul....and damn that snow!
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342

me too
    very glad - should have read this first before I posted on your other one. It's not a good ride no matter what time of year it is, but it's a ride we all have to take to get rid of the thing. (And you will be very glad for the port!)

Kim - I have been saying that about diet and exercise for years - "If I had just started last month...."

Kathryn - I asked on another post - but where in MN? I'm just outside of St. Paul....and damn that snow!

YAY!!!
    ...So glad you've decided sooner then later, best to just get it out of the way, chemo sucks whenever you have it, but it's doable, if I can get through it, so can you, and I'm a big wuss, I've had alot of hospitalizations and surgeries trying to get through the chemo as well, but hopefully, no more for awhile at least, just keep on top of the nausea, by taking those anti-nausea pills, even if you don't feel nauseaous at the time, and rest when your body tells you to rest, the port is wonderful for chemo, better then it going directly through your vein!! :)

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • tootsie1
    tootsie1 Member Posts: 5,044 Member
    Good!
    Way to go!

*hugs*
    Gail