Over 4 hurdles - looking to the future

Paula1001
Paula1001 Member Posts: 35
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was diagnosed in February with Stage IIIA, 5 tumors, 3 lymph nodes. Since then, 4 cycles of A/C, a double mastectomy and 13 lymph nodes removed (3 positive), after which my diagnosis went from HER2 to a triple positive. Then 12 weeks of Taxol and Herceptin (Herceptin to continue until next June), and Arimidex for the next five years.

The most recent hurdle was finishing 6 weeks of radiation yesterday. Even though there is still treatment for quite a while, I feel like all the BIG stuff is over with. I consider today my first cancer free day.

This journey has been difficult at times, especially when they kept changing the diagnosis each time I went in, but thanks to family and friends and a silly sense of humor, the train is at the opposite end of the tunnel. The sun is shining, the water is blue, and the flowers are still blooming. Life is good.

Thank you for the few times I've posted and the insightful responses.

Reading posts here has been and will continue to be helpful and wonderful.
Paula

Comments

• MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    YEAH!
    Paula, congrats on finishing all the "big guns!" I'm so happy for you and looking forward to being where you are.......surgery over, finished chemo 8 weeks ago,had #19 rad treatment today with 14 to go and I'm there! Give yourself a big pat on the back, job well done!
    Best wishes,
    Nancy
  • Paula1001
    Paula1001 Member Posts: 35
    MAJW said:

YEAH!
    Paula, congrats on finishing all the "big guns!" I'm so happy for you and looking forward to being where you are.......surgery over, finished chemo 8 weeks ago,had #19 rad treatment today with 14 to go and I'm there! Give yourself a big pat on the back, job well done!
    Best wishes,
    Nancy

You've come a long way, Baby.
    That's wonderful that you are so close to finishing. The next two weeks will fly by.
    In the Race for the Cure, I can hear you breathing right behind me. LOL.
    **HIGH FIVE**
    Paula
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hey Hey Paula
    Do you recognize those lyrics??? I just couldnt resist!!! Well you have been thru it all havent you girl? I just finished chemo so I am glad to be done with it and you have been thru so much more than me. But the sky is blue isnt it? The air is cold on my bald head, the dogs teeth are sharp, my legs ache after I exercise and you know what??? LIfe is good and I will take it all!!!!!!

Have a really nice day...time to go watch ncis with the hubby

Hugs

LInda T
  • Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    mlmjt1 said:

Hey Hey Paula
    Do you recognize those lyrics??? I just couldnt resist!!! Well you have been thru it all havent you girl? I just finished chemo so I am glad to be done with it and you have been thru so much more than me. But the sky is blue isnt it? The air is cold on my bald head, the dogs teeth are sharp, my legs ache after I exercise and you know what??? LIfe is good and I will take it all!!!!!!

Have a really nice day...time to go watch ncis with the hubby

Hugs

LInda T

Paula, so great to hear of
    Paula, so great to hear of your progress! This is an inspiration to the rest of us!
    Let us know when you are completely done!
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Crossing the Finish Line
    Paula, congratulations! The hurdles you've faced would have daunted anyone, but here you are, standing tall and strong. Those hurdles are in your rearview mirror, and fast disappearing.

Life is good, and I'm wishing you all the best in your life,

Moopy
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Moopy23 said:

Crossing the Finish Line
    Paula, congratulations! The hurdles you've faced would have daunted anyone, but here you are, standing tall and strong. Those hurdles are in your rearview mirror, and fast disappearing.

Life is good, and I'm wishing you all the best in your life,

Moopy

Congrats!
    Paula, I just want to add my big Congrats to you! You have endured a great deal and come thru with flying colors! So proud of you!

♥ Noel
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Noel said:

Congrats!
    Paula, I just want to add my big Congrats to you! You have endured a great deal and come thru with flying colors! So proud of you!

♥ Noel

Congrats Paula
    Not only for what you have overcome, but for staying so positive through it all. I can tell you are a beautiful person. Take care

laura
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    lolad said:

Congrats Paula
    Not only for what you have overcome, but for staying so positive through it all. I can tell you are a beautiful person. Take care

laura

A big heartfelt Congrats to
    A big heartfelt Congrats to you Paula!

Hugs, Diane ♥