Just a Hello to all!

queenieb52
queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
edited March 2014 in Ovarian Cancer #1
Hello everyone! I have not been on in awhile.. was internet 'challenged' for a bit(aka...I have been broke!! lol). But I wanted to stop in & say hi & hope everyone is doing or coping well. This is such a lonely war we have to fight,,,it really helps to have ppl to share with that know EXACTLY whats happening! I will begin my last treatment (hopefully!) next Tues. Taxol/Cisplatin IP, and I am kind of apprehensive. I don't know why...but I am. All in all, I feel I have been extremely Blessed after going through all this chemo....I am one of the minor % that did not lose all my hair..it thinned out but I do not need to wear anything to cover it..it is just thin. I have consistently maintained my appetite, weight throughout treatment (I started July 8th). My largest complaint is that as treatment has gone on, I feel more & more washed out & tired, which I hear is common, so I will not complain about it! I have been very fortunate that I have not experienced nausea..maybe once or twice, and I think that was from something I ate! My PET/CT scan at the beginning of Sept. showed my organs & lymph nodes to be unaffected. No acites.. & microscopic traces of cancer cells...but all in all Dr. said.."No bad news here!"...! I was diagnosed Stage 3 Ovarian in May. My last treatment is 10/27 & then I will go for a PET/CT around Nov. 12. I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop..so to speak.But, I will take whatever positiveness is thrown my way. I have moments when I have those little pity-partys', but I have pretty much kept a VERY positive attitude throughout...and its not been easy at times. One thing I have found out is that, even though I am'sick'- because I have fared this treatment well overall- people seem to have the thinking that all the 'bad stuff' is over & gone!For months I have just wanted "my life" back...the everyday, boring normalcy. Then it hit me one day..THIS is my normalcy now & I had to rethink how to be.I have been so fortunate that my Family & friends have been there for me from the beginning...the support has been phenomonal!! Well, hopefully my next scans will be good...I look forward to being able to check back in again. I pray everyones Guardian Angels are with them everyday...Take care! Beth

Comments

• MK_4Dani
    MK_4Dani Member Posts: 314
    Thanks For The Post
    Thanks for the post. Your story gives me hope. I was dx July stage 3C an I am receiving Carboplatin IP and Taxol IV. My treatment plan is a bit different than others I've read in that I receive Taxol every week for 18 weeks and Carboplatin every 3 weeks. I am wondering if your treatment plan is the same? I am hoping/praying in several months I can copy your post and call it mine! I am so glad that you have fared well; it is what all of us OVCA warriors pray for every day. Sending you and all fellow OVCA fighters positive thoughts and a big thank you to all the ladies before me who entered clinic trials to pave the way for new/improved treatments.
    Life Is Good, Never Give Up!
    MK
  • queenieb52
    queenieb52 Member Posts: 48 Member
    MK_4Dani said:

Thanks For The Post
    Thanks for the post. Your story gives me hope. I was dx July stage 3C an I am receiving Carboplatin IP and Taxol IV. My treatment plan is a bit different than others I've read in that I receive Taxol every week for 18 weeks and Carboplatin every 3 weeks. I am wondering if your treatment plan is the same? I am hoping/praying in several months I can copy your post and call it mine! I am so glad that you have fared well; it is what all of us OVCA warriors pray for every day. Sending you and all fellow OVCA fighters positive thoughts and a big thank you to all the ladies before me who entered clinic trials to pave the way for new/improved treatments.
    Life Is Good, Never Give Up!
    MK

Affitude is so powerful.....
    MK...thanks for your kind words. I have found- for me- that the attitude I hold is every bit important as the treatments I get. Some days are a struggle, but I have to believe all will be good...whatever happens. I had the Carboplatin in my first treatment-IV. Then every 21 days I have the Taxol IV one day, Cisplatin IP the next day & 8 days after those Taxol IP. I had a complete hysterectomy on June 12 & started chemo om July 8th. It is very aggressive I'm told, but I had a mass in the peritoneal cavity & acites. When first dx (because of the extreme bloating) they took out almost 7 liters of fluid...I truly looked like I was 7 mo. pregnant! I do not know how long I had had the ovarian cancer, as the bloating started becoming evident about mid- to late April. I had been living under unbelievable stress from 2003-till almost the present & I have no doubt that stress played a big part in my health problems, coupled with genetics. My husband had been diabetic for 20+ yrs & subsequently died in 2007 from many complications. We had just moved from NY to Florida 8 mo. before he passed. I was his caregiver from '03-'07 & no doubt about it...I did not take care of myself. since he has passed I have lost 2 jobs due to the economy- 1 before I was DX & the other one 3 weeks after my surgery(great timing- I know!). Life definitely has not been kind, but as I said....I have to believe. I do know that when I do have a down day, I definitely do not feel well that day. When I first came onto this site, I found that many of the women here have endured so much more than I had, but they have all been helpful, insightful & kind. I pray you will rise above this villian also!! They have come so far & hopefully someday soon my daughter & her daughters will not have to fight this fight. Please check in from time to time & let me know how u are doing... I believe we can beat this round!! (I just pray my PET/CT is good in a few weeks!)...and you are right...Giving up is not an alternative!! Be as well as u can...Beth