FEC side effects

svitola
svitola Member Posts: 15
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone! My mom has stage III breast cancer and will undergo a total of 24 weekly chemo sessions prior to her masectomy. She is now in the 9th week of Herceptin and Taxol. So far only minor side effects.
On week 13th she will start FEC every 3 weeks and also a weekly herceptin.
Can anyone tell me what to expect with the FEC, I have heard that it will be really difficult. I have been reading your experiences but I see a lot of people on A/C but none on FEC.

Thank you for your advice and prayers

Comments

• tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    FEC
    I did FEC. Fluorouracil (adrucil. f5u). Epirubicin. and Cyclophosphamide (cytoxan). followed by treatments of Taxotare. The FEC made your hair fall out and I was tired a lot. Taxotare was fatigue and bone pain.

Chemo-Brain and neuropathy crept in somewhere between the two. I hope this helps.

Jxxxxxxx
  • svitola
    svitola Member Posts: 15
    tasha_111 said:

FEC
    I did FEC. Fluorouracil (adrucil. f5u). Epirubicin. and Cyclophosphamide (cytoxan). followed by treatments of Taxotare. The FEC made your hair fall out and I was tired a lot. Taxotare was fatigue and bone pain.

Chemo-Brain and neuropathy crept in somewhere between the two. I hope this helps.

Jxxxxxxx

Thank you for your answer!
    Thank you for your answer! Did you experienced a lot of nausea with FEC?
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    svitola said:

Thank you for your answer!
    Thank you for your answer! Did you experienced a lot of nausea with FEC?

Svitola, I didn't have
    Svitola, I didn't have chemo, but, I just wanted to wish your Mom good luck with her treatment. It is so wonderful that she has a loving and caring daughter like you to help her. Post as often as you want. Someone is always here for you!

HUGS
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member

Svitola, I didn't have
    Svitola, I didn't have chemo, but, I just wanted to wish your Mom good luck with her treatment. It is so wonderful that she has a loving and caring daughter like you to help her. Post as often as you want. Someone is always here for you!

HUGS

Svitola, I hope someone else
    Svitola, hopefully someone else can reply and help you with your questions. Good luck to your Mom and to you.

Sue :)
  • scorpiox55
    scorpiox55 Member Posts: 18 Member
    Ritzy said:

Svitola, I hope someone else
    Svitola, hopefully someone else can reply and help you with your questions. Good luck to your Mom and to you.

Sue :)

I had 6 rounds of FEC
    I had 6 rounds of FEC 6 years ago. To me it was horrible! Of course any chemo is. I always threw up the night of the treatment and then 4 days later. They called it delayed nausea. No kidding! I lost 20 pounds, food tasted bad, water tasted bad and I was super weak. Developed neutropenia after 2 treatments and was hospitalized for 4 days. Had to get procrit shots a lot. I was real nauseated for about a week then the second week I started feeling better just in time for the next treatment. By the end I was really weak. Hair fell out at week 2. Mouth sores towards the end also. Those really hurt! Liquid codeine helped me be able to eat. Good luck to your mom. She can do it! It has kept me NED for 6 years! ~~JoAnne
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Hi! I am so sorry about
    Hi! I am so sorry about your Mom. I hope more post and can help you with some kind of information. Keep us updated.

Kylez ♥