Computer tip

tommaseena
tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Since the spammer was one some of the replies went to some really old posts and some have been answering the really old ones.

Here is the tip:
Go to the CREATE which is when the messages were created and then click the gray arrow--you might have to hit the gray arrow a second time to bring the messages from oldest to newest created and then we don't have to worry about the ones that the spammer replied to.

Hope this helps--I got this tip from another board on this site.

Margo

Comments

• tommaseena
    Another tip for some newbies
    Please don't use all CAPS for it is very hard to read.

Thank you.
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    Thanks for the tip
    Makes finding posts and replies much easier.
  • pinkkari09
    pinkkari09 Member Posts: 877
    Spammer
    I must have missed the spammer, probably a good thing. Did we have someone crack into this site? What happened? Also, I was wondering if this site has a way you can flag messages to check for replies??
    Thanks,
    Kari
  • tommaseena

Spammer
    I must have missed the spammer, probably a good thing. Did we have someone crack into this site? What happened? Also, I was wondering if this site has a way you can flag messages to check for replies??
    Thanks,
    Kari

What you can do
    What you can do is add a thread to your favorites which is on the top right corner.

Also if you just want to read the new replies and not go through the whole thread you can click on ex: 2 new and it will bring the first new one up. You may have to scroll through some of the old messages to get to the next new message if someone posts their reply in the middle of the thread.

Hope this helps,
    Margo
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Thank you. I have been on
    Thank you. I have been on this site for almost a year and there are so many ways to use it that I am just finding out. I guess it's a good idea to play with the words in blue and see what they do. xoxoxox Lynn
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I need further help, please!
    I need further help, please! I flagged the offensive messages from the spammer which is something I have always done with "questionable" posts,and more often than not, I look at the original posting date, but I don't see where the CREATE is you spoke about. Where is it, pls?

I am hoping that as soon as I hit "post comment", I will magically see what you are talking about, and then I will just feel kinda foolish for not already knowing! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • tommaseena
    chenheart said:

I need further help, please!
    I need further help, please! I flagged the offensive messages from the spammer which is something I have always done with "questionable" posts,and more often than not, I look at the original posting date, but I don't see where the CREATE is you spoke about. Where is it, pls?

I am hoping that as soon as I hit "post comment", I will magically see what you are talking about, and then I will just feel kinda foolish for not already knowing! :-)

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Chen
    on the main screen where our threads are there are the following headings:
    TOPIC REPLIES CREATED LAST REPLY

Click on CREATED and then the messages will sort to oldest and then click on again and it will bring the most current to the top.

Hope this helps Chen and others.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • JmG86
    JmG86 Member Posts: 53

Chen
    on the main screen where our threads are there are the following headings:
    TOPIC REPLIES CREATED LAST REPLY

Click on CREATED and then the messages will sort to oldest and then click on again and it will bring the most current to the top.

Hope this helps Chen and others.

Hugs,
    Margo

Thank You!
    Thank you so much. That totally worked! I was going blind trying to find the most current.