second chemo soon.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.wELL I JUST STARTED FEELING BETTER AND IT IS TIME FOR THE NEXT Chemo this WEDS.i HAD A LOT OF SIDE EFFECTS,i USUALLY DO WITH ANY MEDICINE.Is the second one as bad as the first one.I go back the next day and get the shot to build your bloodcells back up.My 10 day checkup after chemo showed my white counts to low.So they will give me the shot this time.Thanks(Pat).

Comments

• Tux
    Tux Member Posts: 544
    Hi Pat! Hope you have a
    Hi Pat! Hope you have a good week. Good luck with round 2!

Hugs & prayers sent your way....
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Hang in there! Good luck
    Hang in there! Good luck Wednesday.
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Round 2
    Morning P,

I hope you have less side effects the second round. I go in for my second this Thursday. My taste buds are slowly coming back and I know that will change in a matter of days. Well, at least I was able to enjoy a good meal or two before heading back to the clinic.

Hang in there! The drugs are doing their job. Best to you.

Bella Luna
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    Hi Pat
    Hope your 2nd time is better. How often are your rounds? Mine are 3 weeks, 6 times. I'm also feeling better a week later. Good luck Wednesday.
  • lszk4kids
    lszk4kids Member Posts: 10
    I haven't posted for awhile,
    I haven't posted for awhile, so I've lost track, but...My oncatype came back middle so I'm getting ready for chemo...appt tommorrow of a "port" and probly schedule by end of week.My question, since I've sailed through this double masectomy, ect. Just how bad is this chemo, as I plan on jumping on a plane Sun/Mon for a 2 week stay with my daughter who is expecting twins, return home for chemo #2 then back out to MO until these babies arrive!

I know about the nausea, hair loss, the Filgrastim injections that I plan on doing myself,but am I not seeing the whole picture? Not sure if I'm doing cyclopho..doxorub..(CA) or paclitaxel as I might be doing a clinical study. Anyhow, this just seems worse than I'm letting myself think it is? Prayers, Karen
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

Round 2
    Morning P,

I hope you have less side effects the second round. I go in for my second this Thursday. My taste buds are slowly coming back and I know that will change in a matter of days. Well, at least I was able to enjoy a good meal or two before heading back to the clinic.

Hang in there! The drugs are doing their job. Best to you.

Bella Luna

Chemo Chicks .. Just jumping in HERE - Vicki Sam
    Bella Luna .. mentions that her taste buds are slowing coming back after here TCH treatment .. This is TRUE .. After my first TCH treatment on 9/8 .. I found that my taste buds -- were semi-normal, so that is the time where I bulked up on protein and fibre, prior to this .. ugly ugly ugly .. soup and more soup. So bulk up, while you can.

2nd TCH treatment .. it's taken a little longer for taste buds to return. According medical journals etc .. our taste buds regenerate every 10 days. I am much weaker, more fatigue 2nd round .. my case only. 2 cycles down .. 4 more cycles to go ...

Good luck and God's blessing to you all.

VickiSam
  • ppurdin
    lszk4kids said:

I haven't posted for awhile, so I've lost track, but...My oncatype came back middle so I'm getting ready for chemo...appt tommorrow of a "port" and probly schedule by end of week.My question, since I've sailed through this double masectomy, ect. Just how bad is this chemo, as I plan on jumping on a plane Sun/Mon for a 2 week stay with my daughter who is expecting twins, return home for chemo #2 then back out to MO until these babies arrive!

I know about the nausea, hair loss, the Filgrastim injections that I plan on doing myself,but am I not seeing the whole picture? Not sure if I'm doing cyclopho..doxorub..(CA) or paclitaxel as I might be doing a clinical study. Anyhow, this just seems worse than I'm letting myself think it is? Prayers, Karen

Hi Karen.
    As you know Chemo is different for everyone.I have always had weird reations to medicines.so i am having a hard time with Chemo.The first week was the hardest.My white blood count has been to low.So I have been really tired.My arm is still black and blue from the Chemo IV.I have a feeling I will be getting the port put in.I hope you have better luck,I am sure you will.Take Care.(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    laurissa said:

Hi Pat
    Hope your 2nd time is better. How often are your rounds? Mine are 3 weeks, 6 times. I'm also feeling better a week later. Good luck Wednesday.

HI laurissa
    I have 4 rounds of Chemo.1 down and 3 to go.Take Care.(Pat).
  • ppurdin
    second chemo
    thanks everyone for your replys.I appriatte it.(Pat).
  • HillBillyNana
    HillBillyNana Member Posts: 107
    lszk4kids said:

Live your Life!
    It is true everyone reacts a little differently to chemo. I remember I did my first chemo and three weeks later I lost my hair. I was supposed to do another round on Dec. 3 - the day my step daughter came in from out of state. But . . . . my white count was too low so they delayed it for a week. Later in my treatment when I was finishing up chemo, we had a wedding to go to in Washington state (we live in Arkansas). I asked the doctor about it and he said, "live your life - we will work the treatments around your schedule". I am thinking I had finished half the chemo, then all the radiation, and was starting back on my second half of chemo. At any rate, I got my treatment, got my neulasta, and got on the plane and went to the wedding. I was back in time for my next treatment. Who could resist going to the birthing of twins? Not me. So my thinking is like my doctor: Live your life. Keep us posted on the twins. Here is a little joke about the neulasta. My step daughter was here when I got the neulasta. She asked me to repeat the name of the shot. Then she said, "Oh, you get this shot, an youlasta little longer!!" does that sound the same way in other places that it sounds in Arkansas?
  • natly15
    natly15 Member Posts: 1,941
    ppurdin said:

second chemo
    thanks everyone for your replys.I appriatte it.(Pat).

Pat wishing you the best
    Pat wishing you the best tomorrow. "I'll say a little prayer for you". Hope all goes well. My 2nd chemo was postponed a week due to an infection at the surgical site. Had blood drawn today, and found out even tho I got the neulasta shot my white count is low, low, low. I feel very tired and look pale. I need 11 more chemo treatments, then radiation, then the meds. I'm 13% estrogen positive, now thats a positive, but not positive enough, thus the chemo. My tumor was .8cm, certainly not very big, but had already traveled to the sentinel lymph node, an aggressive little beast I must say, but I need to be reminded that I too am aggressive and need to hang in there and march all those nasties away, just as you will do tomorrow Pat. Hugs to you in Ohio
  • ppurdin
    natly15 said:

Pat wishing you the best
    Pat wishing you the best tomorrow. "I'll say a little prayer for you". Hope all goes well. My 2nd chemo was postponed a week due to an infection at the surgical site. Had blood drawn today, and found out even tho I got the neulasta shot my white count is low, low, low. I feel very tired and look pale. I need 11 more chemo treatments, then radiation, then the meds. I'm 13% estrogen positive, now thats a positive, but not positive enough, thus the chemo. My tumor was .8cm, certainly not very big, but had already traveled to the sentinel lymph node, an aggressive little beast I must say, but I need to be reminded that I too am aggressive and need to hang in there and march all those nasties away, just as you will do tomorrow Pat. Hugs to you in Ohio

Natly
    Thanks for your reply and your prayers.my white count has been low as well.I pray I can get my Chemo tomorrow.The sooner I get it over the better.I pray your white count is up as well.Good luck to you.And keep in touch please.(Pat).