Options
2»

Comments

• KathiM
    KathiM Member Posts: 8,028 Member
    Options
    jo jo said:

My doc says silicone,
    My doc says silicone, because my skin is too thin and it would look and feel more natural than the saline because the skin is so thin.
    Im going to get a little off track for a second...have you ever watched the show mythbusters? They did an episode on silicone breast implants and what it would take to break one....it was amazing the torchure they put this implant through and they proved under normal conditions and beyond that they were very durable the only thing that damaged it was a bullet peircing it and they stabbed it, of course they will get damaged under these extreme conditions...but also when it was pierced open even by the bullet it did not burst, there was a little hole the size of the bullet and the gel inside hoovered around the opening and barely any excaped from the opening until they squeezed the implant to make it oose out. I just found that very comforting cuz its not like the saline were if its pierced it would run like water (even though its not harmful) but the silicone is not as liquid as the saline and it would take alot for it to oose out even when its pierced.
    As far as the mammogram vs MRI's...my doc told me id have MRI's and no more mammograms. (i had a double mastectomy)

Jo Jo....you reminded me....a wierd question....
    I got silicone implants back in the day when it was fashionable. I know, I know...but it's now 20 years later. I've had no troubles. No leaks, spills, anything. Mine are above muscle, which was the only way back then. Very natural, or so I'm told (ROFL!).

Anyway, I was talking with another gal who was considering the surgery. I was a poster gal for my surgeon...they turned out REALLY well...and not too big (perfect C cup), so they fit my chest size. She asked: "So what if you got stabbed in the chest?". Well meaning as it was, I had reached the end of being patient (this was almost an hour later...), so I responded with humor in my voice: "Well, I would have a chest wound, and if the knife hit my heart, I would be dead. No worries about the implants at that point!!!!".

Sounds a bit harsh...but you should have heard the other questions...some intimate, concerning her boyfriend!

Hugs, Kathi
  • Dot53
    Dot53 Member Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    Silicone
    I wasn't given a choice.. my PS just said you will have Silicone as it is more like breast tissue than the saline... going by what my breasts feel like now with the saline expanders one would have to agree with the doc...

Can anyone tell me why some of us have to wait 6 months before getting the exchange and others do not?

Thanks..
    Dot
  • jo jo
    jo jo Member Posts: 1,175
    Options
    KathiM said:

Jo Jo....you reminded me....a wierd question....
    I got silicone implants back in the day when it was fashionable. I know, I know...but it's now 20 years later. I've had no troubles. No leaks, spills, anything. Mine are above muscle, which was the only way back then. Very natural, or so I'm told (ROFL!).

Anyway, I was talking with another gal who was considering the surgery. I was a poster gal for my surgeon...they turned out REALLY well...and not too big (perfect C cup), so they fit my chest size. She asked: "So what if you got stabbed in the chest?". Well meaning as it was, I had reached the end of being patient (this was almost an hour later...), so I responded with humor in my voice: "Well, I would have a chest wound, and if the knife hit my heart, I would be dead. No worries about the implants at that point!!!!".

Sounds a bit harsh...but you should have heard the other questions...some intimate, concerning her boyfriend!

Hugs, Kathi

Kathi...i love your humor!!!
    I wouldnt of known how to respond to that except...dont forget if you were shot the implant will caught the bullet, then damn, youd have to walk your happy **** to the docs to get a new one! hehe!
    Im a blonde and i truely have my blonde moments...then you add chemo brain to being blonde...that can be a really bad combo...well it is for me, but i dont think i ever got that bad, at least not that i recall...hummm...nope dont think so!
  • Dawne.Hope
    Dawne.Hope Member Posts: 823
    Options
    Dot53 said:

Silicone
    I wasn't given a choice.. my PS just said you will have Silicone as it is more like breast tissue than the saline... going by what my breasts feel like now with the saline expanders one would have to agree with the doc...

Can anyone tell me why some of us have to wait 6 months before getting the exchange and others do not?

Thanks..
    Dot

bumping up for ruthielaine

bumping up for ruthielaine