EARLY roll call: Columbus Day weekend plans!!

Options
2»

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    elm3544 said:

my weekend
    I had my simulation this morning. It was very fast and I'm ready for Monday.
    My son came in last night from California and friends are coming from Colorado this evening.
    Saturday morning I have Look Good Feel Better class, unless its cancelled again!! Sunday the Komen race followed by a celebration/thank you party at my house. I am excited about the race, I will get to see friends and co workers who I seldom get to see anymore. Hopefully will see some more familiar facesas well!

busy weekend
    My friends from Colorado arrived last night. I got all the shopping done for the party, finally!
    Today was my look good feel better class. It was great! I can not believe all the items that were included in our bags. Really nice stuff! They gave away some wigs, hats and scarves. I got a cute turban style hat!
    My sister brought over the cake she made for tomorrow. It is so cute. She put little people on it and a 1/2 way finish line in the middle with a little person in pink breaking through, then another finish line at the end. I will have to post a picture!
    Tomorrow is the Komen race! I am so excited!
    hope everyone is feeling good and having a great weekend!
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    I'm staying home at least for Sat.
    This weekend is the annual Ford Ironman Triathalon and all its craziness in Kona. The first year I was here I watched the early AM (6:45) beginning of the swim and then the bicycles taking out but it's so crowded down town and with many roads closed, I find things to do at home. I did take the back roads to COSTCO to get my weekly gas fill and I could pull right into a pump with no waiting. Very unusual for a Sat.
    I worked on my earrings for awhile. Trying to get ready for an upcoming craft bazaar. I work in stones and crystals for their healing and Chakra properties. I'm trying to get ready since chemo will probably start this next week.
    Tomorrow I will get my hair cut, my regular once a month routine. I have very short hair and plan on having it made even shorter this time in prep for upcoming hair loss. I'm getting all my paperwork ready for the chemo consult on Monday.
    Mimi, your weekend sounds like so much fun. I'll live vicariously through your adventures this weekend. Can't wait to hear how it goes. Lola
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    I never am sure what I'm
    I never am sure what I'm doing til I did it. I drove down to Boise early, early for some training to be a coach for FLL (First Lego League) - a robotics/Lego program for my kiddoes. Then I shopped and shopped (and shopped) which is what is done when one hits the big city. I met my oldest daughter for a kiss and a hug and then came home (it's past 1:00 am). Tomorrow I plan to sleep and dig potatoes. This IS Idaho, you know. The guys are hunting and my son Will bagged a doe this morning. I know this doesn't sit well with some readers; for us, it is good meat in the freezer. Lynn
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

I never am sure what I'm
    I never am sure what I'm doing til I did it. I drove down to Boise early, early for some training to be a coach for FLL (First Lego League) - a robotics/Lego program for my kiddoes. Then I shopped and shopped (and shopped) which is what is done when one hits the big city. I met my oldest daughter for a kiss and a hug and then came home (it's past 1:00 am). Tomorrow I plan to sleep and dig potatoes. This IS Idaho, you know. The guys are hunting and my son Will bagged a doe this morning. I know this doesn't sit well with some readers; for us, it is good meat in the freezer. Lynn

Hi Mimi
    I love reading this post. I'm sure Simon won't be mad long when you explain "retail therapy" to him LOL!

I hurt my back at work Fr. and was in the ER Fri. nite they gave me muscle relaxers which aren't helping so I guess I will get an Xray tomorrow if it isn't better..Bummer.
    Hugs, jackie