2»

Comments

• kayandok
    kayandok Member Posts: 1,202 Member
    Options
    seably said:

CA 125
    Hi Joyce,

Sorry to hear that your mom is sick, I will keep her in my prayers.

I'll be honest, I've hesitated to post my CA 125 numbers. I have been blessed with terrific results and I never wanted anyone to feel badly if they did not get the same numbers, but you asked, so here's the info....

Prior to my surgery, CA 125 was 2706 (ouch!). After surgery but prior to chemo, my CA 125 dropped to 16. After completing 6 rounds of Taxol/Cisplatin, IV & IP, it was 6.8.

I have to attribute these great results to the power of prayer & the skill of my gyn oncologist/surgeon. I'm not sure if I'm allowed ot post doctor names here, but thers's only 2 doctors in Savannah, GA and is the younger of the 2, so you can Google him.

I'm having my next CA 125 done on Monday 1-11-10 and I see the doctor for my 3 month check up on Friday 1-15-10. I'll let you know the results, good or bad.

Stay strong

Love
    Stacey

Stacey,
    Somehow I missed your post in October about your good news, so joining in to say a huge WHOO HOO and Congratulations! I am so happy for you and pray it continues for a long time.
    Keep us posted,
    Hugs,
    kathleen:)
  • Lisa Jean
    Lisa Jean Member Posts: 6
    Options

Joyce......
    Don't despair. My CA125 pre-surgery was 4,000. That's not a typo......it was FOUR THOUSAND. Post-surgery it was 2200 and has since dropped with each session of Carb/Taxol. After three infusions it was 53 - still high, but a HUGE drop in a matter of a few weeks. I go tomorrow for blood work and will post again when I have the results (my fourth chemo session was Dec 28th).

Like your mom, I was never sick and had no family history of cancer and no risk factors. The women in my bloodline lived into their 90's. Nevertheless, I was diagnosed 9/17/09 with stage 3c ovarian cancer. I spent 16 days in the hospital and had a ton of complications. But now I am feeling good and fighting back.

I believe that God answers prayers. Does that mean I think we always get the answer we want? No......sometimes we get the kind of answers we give our kids: not right now; maybe later; after you've cleaned your room. And sometimes the answer is "no". Just. Plain. No.

Before Communion we Catholics kneel and say a prayer that ends, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed." I always whisper, "Please say the word that heals my body, Lord, as well as my spirit." I hope it works. I hope the chemo works. I hope I live another 30 years, but if I don't, it won't be because I gave up. I will never, ever give up. Your job is to keep your mom from giving up. It will make a difference.

Hello all and so happy to
    Hello all and so happy to those in remission... It has been a couple of months for me.... still having bad depression and now have a hernia.... has anyone else had this..... also bad sleep... with flashes and the hernia... I look like I am about to have a baby......

Thanks
  • Lisa Jean
    Lisa Jean Member Posts: 6
    Options

Joyce......
    Don't despair. My CA125 pre-surgery was 4,000. That's not a typo......it was FOUR THOUSAND. Post-surgery it was 2200 and has since dropped with each session of Carb/Taxol. After three infusions it was 53 - still high, but a HUGE drop in a matter of a few weeks. I go tomorrow for blood work and will post again when I have the results (my fourth chemo session was Dec 28th).

Like your mom, I was never sick and had no family history of cancer and no risk factors. The women in my bloodline lived into their 90's. Nevertheless, I was diagnosed 9/17/09 with stage 3c ovarian cancer. I spent 16 days in the hospital and had a ton of complications. But now I am feeling good and fighting back.

I believe that God answers prayers. Does that mean I think we always get the answer we want? No......sometimes we get the kind of answers we give our kids: not right now; maybe later; after you've cleaned your room. And sometimes the answer is "no". Just. Plain. No.

Before Communion we Catholics kneel and say a prayer that ends, "Lord, I am not worthy to receive You, but only say the word and I shall be healed." I always whisper, "Please say the word that heals my body, Lord, as well as my spirit." I hope it works. I hope the chemo works. I hope I live another 30 years, but if I don't, it won't be because I gave up. I will never, ever give up. Your job is to keep your mom from giving up. It will make a difference.

congrats to all in
    congrats to all in remission.......
  • rosepetalsgalore
    rosepetalsgalore Member Posts: 7
    Options

Hi Stacey,
    I was diagnosed

Hi Stacey,
    I was diagnosed with Stage 3C ovarian cancer about the same time you were. It was a little bit later, in May 2009. I have 6 chemo treatments and I am now in remission. I am happy to find someone that is going through this illness the same time that I am. I have a lot of family support which I contribute my positive attitude to getting and feeling better. I hope to continue with my life and hopefully this will be behind me. I will be 57 this month and I am not ready to give up. I have too much to live for. Do you have any side effects and are you feeling back to normal? I feel pretty good most of the time. I do have a little nausea in the mornings sometime. I am in remission and I am so very happy. I am happy for you too. I try not to look at the statistics, but they are in the back of my head sometimes. Good luck in your remission. Stay positive and we will survive.

Lorraine

I'll Join the Club
    Lorraine,

I, too was diagnosed with Stage C3 ovca in '09 (June) and turned 57 in January. I have been through chemo, which ended in November, and yet am dealing with fatigue, neuropathy in both hands and feet, and occasional bone aches. I have the support of family and friends, and I also believe in God's healing power/the power of prayer.

I am now preparing to return to college and finish the last quarter of a medical assisting degree I was trying to finish when diagnosed. This last quarter includes clinicals, which means working three 8-hr. days in a row (no pay). It will give me a good indication of whether or not I can handle going back to work full time.

I wish the best for you and will pray for you.

Cheryl
  • rockchicksurvivor
    rockchicksurvivor Member Posts: 45
    Options
    Lisa Jean said:

Hello all and so happy to
    Hello all and so happy to those in remission... It has been a couple of months for me.... still having bad depression and now have a hernia.... has anyone else had this..... also bad sleep... with flashes and the hernia... I look like I am about to have a baby......

Thanks

hello
    CONGRATULATIONS!! That is the greatest news. :)