ready to start my down slope to finishing up treatment

e_hope
e_hope Member Posts: 370
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Today... I finished #15 or 30 radiation treatments. Hard to believe I'm on my down slope. Radiation isn't too bad (after the nightmare of first day there). I'm exhausted by the end of the day, so should be interesting how it goes when I return to work on Thursday, after being out of work for the last 8 months. So far... knock on wood.... my skin is still holding up. Its a little more tender but other than the clavical area no redness.

Its crazy to me that I am close to being done with treatment. I remember thinking how far this day seemed away.

Meet with my plastic surgeon on Monday.. Where hoping to get the expander exchange done in December... Can't wait because these expander feel like crap.. two rocks attached to the front of me...

Comments

• Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Good luck at work. It will
    Good luck at work. It will be hard at first but it's like riding a bicycle, it all comes back to you. Hope you don't get too tired. Maybe they will let you go home early if you do.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    That's so encouraging to
    That's so encouraging to read that there is an end in sight. I'm still at the chemo stage and have rads to look forward to but there is light at the end of the tunnel. Good luck on finishing up with minimal complications, if any.
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Half way there.......
    It's a long journey, isn't it........and now you're half way done....Fantastic! It's a good feeling isn't it? I had #15 today with 18 to go! There's light at the end of the tunnel.
    Best wishes
    Nancy