Options
2»

Comments

• Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

SO HAPPY, TOO
    Big thanks,
    Craig thanks for your kind thoughts, How are you doing?

Update on my progress!!

Eat some saltine crackers lastnite and this morning i had some really fowl smelling gas, I hope this means thing are moving,
    I really need a can of fabreeze!!!!

Love,hugs ad Prayers to all
    Winney

Gas is a good sign - it
    Gas is a good sign - it usually happens before the solids start moving! I hope this means you'll be reporting in with "bigger" movements soon!

We do all need to chuckle a little at ourselves - I know I've never been so pre-occupied with gas and BM before! ;) Kind of like toddlers or pre-teen boys...

Praying for you to feel better soon and get to go home.
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options
    coolvdub said:

Pooh, I feel your pain
    I'm in the hospital with an obstruction. They just removed the NG tube and I will start with liquid meals. As soon as I get done eating it's up to do some laps around the 4th floor for me to get things moving. I won't be able to leave either until I pass gas and have a BM. I will pray for you and am sending good "juju" as Craig would say your way.

Don

Hi Pooh!
    I had a perforated colon, it was sooo painful, I thought I was having constipation as well, but then also had to have emergency surgery which landed my temporary colostomy as well. It saved my life. That was 7 months ago, I am used to it now, I pretty much accepted it right away though, it has it's pros and cons like everything else, but you are able to get a reversal as well, I don't know if I'm going to do it, because I keep hearing how horrifying the reversals turn out, but we'll see.

I hope you are feeling better, and things move along soon, It went pretty fast for me once I had it, I think I only waited 4 days when I finally had a BM! I walked with a pillow on my belly at times, and laid in bed with it as well, since it made it alittle less painful.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • WinneyPooh
    WinneyPooh Member Posts: 318
    Options
    Shayenne said:

Hi Pooh!
    I had a perforated colon, it was sooo painful, I thought I was having constipation as well, but then also had to have emergency surgery which landed my temporary colostomy as well. It saved my life. That was 7 months ago, I am used to it now, I pretty much accepted it right away though, it has it's pros and cons like everything else, but you are able to get a reversal as well, I don't know if I'm going to do it, because I keep hearing how horrifying the reversals turn out, but we'll see.

I hope you are feeling better, and things move along soon, It went pretty fast for me once I had it, I think I only waited 4 days when I finally had a BM! I walked with a pillow on my belly at times, and laid in bed with it as well, since it made it alittle less painful.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna

Christopher Robin, Said Pooh Can go Home Tomarrow
    Update,
    Doc said i can go home tomarrow, and boy am i ready,

My mom bless her heart has been taking care of me and my family since, i have been here, She's like the clean house lady, I really am in debt, to her,

But OMG my 15 daughter has been having a cow, I can't wait to get home and see what all the commotion is.

That will be a funny story, I need to write that tomarrow.

Love Ya,
    winney
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Options

Update,

My mom bless her heart has been taking care of me and my family since, i have been here, She's like the clean house lady, I really am in debt, to her,

But OMG my 15 daughter has been having a cow, I can't wait to get home and see what all the commotion is.

Love Ya,
    winney

Great news - I am so glad
    Great news - I am so glad you get to go home!
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options

Update,

Love Ya,
    winney

Back to the House at Pooh Corner...
    So much to be done Pooh! Have a happy homecoming. I'll post a Pooh video to my blog for you later!

TTFN... Rob; in Van

So help me if you can I´ve got to get
    Back to the House At Pooh Corner by one
    You´d be surprised there´s so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive
    Chase all the clouds from the sky...
  • sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    robinvan said:

Back to the House at Pooh Corner...
    So much to be done Pooh! Have a happy homecoming. I'll post a Pooh video to my blog for you later!

TTFN... Rob; in Van

So help me if you can I´ve got to get
    Back to the House At Pooh Corner by one
    You´d be surprised there´s so much to be done
    Count all the bees in the hive
    Chase all the clouds from the sky...

Aw Darn it
    ooh,

Prayers for a quick recovery from the surgery and that things get movin on a regular basis.

Marie
  • Paula G.
    Paula G. Member Posts: 596
    Options
    Good Luck
    Good luck to you Winney. We are thinking of you. Paula