Tests After You Finish Radiation Treatments?

DianeBC
DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was just wondering what tests your oncologist or radiation oncologist ordered for you after

you finished your radiation treatments. I know they order the mammogram, but, did yours

order anything else? Mine did and I was just wondering if that was the norm. Thanks!

Hugs, Diane ♥

Comments

  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    I had mammos every 6 months
    I had mammos every 6 months for I think 2 years following treatment..I also had labs drawn every 3 months so that my oncologist could see how I was doing as regards my whole physical life, including the not-so-reliable-for-anything Tumor Markers.

    I had an MRI on both breasts after I reached the "magic" 5 year mark; when it came back clean and clear my surgeon released me as a patient, and I now have mammograms only once a year ( just like a normal woman!) and I still have labs drawn every 6 months and see my oncologist for the results.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    chenheart said:

    I had mammos every 6 months
    I had mammos every 6 months for I think 2 years following treatment..I also had labs drawn every 3 months so that my oncologist could see how I was doing as regards my whole physical life, including the not-so-reliable-for-anything Tumor Markers.

    I had an MRI on both breasts after I reached the "magic" 5 year mark; when it came back clean and clear my surgeon released me as a patient, and I now have mammograms only once a year ( just like a normal woman!) and I still have labs drawn every 6 months and see my oncologist for the results.

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    My oncologist ordered the
    My oncologist ordered the first mammogram and I will have them every 6 months for a few years, a liver function test and blood tests so far. Not for sure what else may be coming.

    HUGS
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294

    My oncologist ordered the
    My oncologist ordered the first mammogram and I will have them every 6 months for a few years, a liver function test and blood tests so far. Not for sure what else may be coming.

    HUGS

    Blood biomarkers test CA27 -29
    My oncologist ordered blood biomarkers test CA 27-29 after radiation before Tamoxifen.
    Follow up appointments every three months.
    Breast surgeon follow up every six months. Annual Mammogram.
    I had a radical mastectomy.
    Hugs
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    My onc saw me every 3
    My onc saw me every 3 months, then every 6 months and then every year. He'd do the blood test each visit. A mammogram every year on the remaining breast. That's all I got unless I told him a problem I was having.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Marcia527 said:

    My onc saw me every 3
    My onc saw me every 3 months, then every 6 months and then every year. He'd do the blood test each visit. A mammogram every year on the remaining breast. That's all I got unless I told him a problem I was having.

    Still being zapped
    I am still in rads, but, I know that I will have a mammogram every 6 months and they also said probably an ultrasound and maybe even a MRI once a year. I am sure that there are more tests, but, this is all I have been told so far as to what to expect. Since I am still in radiation, I haven't really discussed "after rads" tests too much with any of my doctors. But, I know that all of our doctors keep a close eye on us. Or, they better. lol

    Sue :)
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Ritzy said:

    Still being zapped
    I am still in rads, but, I know that I will have a mammogram every 6 months and they also said probably an ultrasound and maybe even a MRI once a year. I am sure that there are more tests, but, this is all I have been told so far as to what to expect. Since I am still in radiation, I haven't really discussed "after rads" tests too much with any of my doctors. But, I know that all of our doctors keep a close eye on us. Or, they better. lol

    Sue :)

    Not sure
    I will have a mammogram, blood tests, liver test and an ultrasound. That is what I have been told so far. I am sure there will be more. :(


    ♥ Kylez ♥