A Semi;Colon "Reach Out" to Eric38 (NEW UPDATE 10-07-09)

Options
2»

Comments

• Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

thanks
    Thanks for being our go to guru Craig! You are the MAN!!Happy thoughts and sweet surprisesit is October you know.Make it a great Day!!
    Goofyladie (Cass)

Oh Man....
    Blessed Be! I was so scared and feeling down, thinking of him, and now you made my day Craig!!! Thanks for this update, I wonder if my onc will ever put me on OXY, I am so terrified of it now.

Hugsss!
    ~Donna
  • Kathleen808
    Kathleen808 Member Posts: 2,342 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

ERIC IS ALIVE and WELL
    Hey Everybody

BIG NEWS today!

I just heard from my Texas boy, our very own Eric.

It's the OXY that is laying the wood to him and he's been sick with it and not on the board.

I told him about this post and I hope when he feels good, he will say HELLO to you all, but in the meantime, I wanted to say he was ok, so everyone could relax and alleviate their concerns - I know I feel better now! Your mind gets to racing sometimes and you fill in too many blanks.

Ok, will let you go...Eric LIVES and still walks among us :)

-Craig

Thanks Craig!
    Thanks Craig - That is so good for all of us to hear. Not good that Eric is feeling junk but good to know he is in the fight.

Eric we miss you. We're thinking positive thoughts and saying prayers.

Aloha,
    Kathleen
  • Devasted
    Devasted Member Posts: 185
    Options

Thanks Craig!
    Thanks Craig - That is so good for all of us to hear. Not good that Eric is feeling junk but good to know he is in the fight.

Eric we miss you. We're thinking positive thoughts and saying prayers.

Aloha,
    Kathleen

Thanks Craig for checking on Eric
    Craig thanks for all you do for this board, you're great!

Eric hope to hear from you soon, thinking of you, better days are coming soon!
  • Annabelle41415
    Annabelle41415 Member Posts: 6,742 Member
    Options
    WhooHooo
    Our buddy Eric is still here even though he is suffering from the Oxy. I know I have had many side effects from it so far. I'm glad that he talked to you Craig and thank you for being determined to get ahold of him and letting us know that he is doing ok. I hope he checks with the board and responds when he is able.

Thinking of you Eric! Kim
  • Patteee
    Patteee Member Posts: 945
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

ERIC IS ALIVE and WELL
    Hey Everybody

BIG NEWS today!

It's the OXY that is laying the wood to him and he's been sick with it and not on the board.

I told him about this post and I hope when he feels good, he will say HELLO to you all, but in the meantime, I wanted to say he was ok, so everyone could relax and alleviate their concerns - I know I feel better now! Your mind gets to racing sometimes and you fill in too many blanks.

-Craig

thanks Craig.

thanks Craig.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

ERIC IS ALIVE and WELL
    Hey Everybody

BIG NEWS today!

-Craig

Good work Craig,
    Thank you Craig for caring for us. It is wonderful to see you reach out the way you do to those of us who may be having troubles. Or to help us make connections with others who you see that we may have something in common with, as you recently did for Adrian and I regarding the sacrum stuff.

You seem to have a great talent for keeping track of where we are on our own journeys and that is a special gift.

In appreciation of your presence here.

Rob; in Vancouver

BTW Craig... Sang "Down in the River to Pray" with my gospel choir last week. Was thinking of you and Allison!
  • betina61
    betina61 Member Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    Sundanceh said:

ERIC IS ALIVE and WELL
    Hey Everybody

BIG NEWS today!

-Craig

Great news!
    What a relief, thanks for letting us know
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options

WhooHooo
    Our buddy Eric is still here even though he is suffering from the Oxy. I know I have had many side effects from it so far. I'm glad that he talked to you Craig and thank you for being determined to get ahold of him and letting us know that he is doing ok. I hope he checks with the board and responds when he is able.

Thinking of you Eric! Kim

Chemo and all that Crap
    Thanks for all the thoughts, concerns and prayers. I am still well and in the fight. It`s just that the oxy is kicking my butt. I only have 2 more treatments to go. I have not abandoned you guys, I`ve just taken a small break. I`ve checked on the board more times than i`ve responded lately. Oxyliplatinin makes me feel like i have the flu. You know how it is when you have the flu. You don`t want to make much of an effort to do anything. My doctor recently gave me an extra week because he said I needed a break and it wouldn`t hurt my treatment anyway because, in his words, I am already in gigantic remission. It was good to hear that. So, as far as the disease goes, everything is well. It`s not the disease, it`s the treatment. I hope all is going well with all of you and I truly do care. As far as not answering Craig`s calls it is because I drowned my cell phone. I spilt water on the poor thing. It was pronounced dead at the scene. I`m not sure how i`m going to live with the guilt. My little cell phone never harmed anybody. A memorial service was held where I cursed my own stupidity and shouted obscenities about how much this was going to cost me. I`ll be getting a new phone as soon as possible. I know it is cold blooded to talk about replacing my phone so soon, but life must go on.

Eric } : . }
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Options
    eric38 said:

Chemo and all that Crap
    Thanks for all the thoughts, concerns and prayers. I am still well and in the fight. It`s just that the oxy is kicking my butt. I only have 2 more treatments to go. I have not abandoned you guys, I`ve just taken a small break. I`ve checked on the board more times than i`ve responded lately. Oxyliplatinin makes me feel like i have the flu. You know how it is when you have the flu. You don`t want to make much of an effort to do anything. My doctor recently gave me an extra week because he said I needed a break and it wouldn`t hurt my treatment anyway because, in his words, I am already in gigantic remission. It was good to hear that. So, as far as the disease goes, everything is well. It`s not the disease, it`s the treatment. I hope all is going well with all of you and I truly do care. As far as not answering Craig`s calls it is because I drowned my cell phone. I spilt water on the poor thing. It was pronounced dead at the scene. I`m not sure how i`m going to live with the guilt. My little cell phone never harmed anybody. A memorial service was held where I cursed my own stupidity and shouted obscenities about how much this was going to cost me. I`ll be getting a new phone as soon as possible. I know it is cold blooded to talk about replacing my phone so soon, but life must go on.

Hi Eric,nice to hear that
    Hi Eric,nice to hear that you are doing ok.We were pretty worried about you.Anyway I am happy that you only have 2 more round to go with chemo.This is really the light at the end of the tunnel!Good luck with it.Take care.
  • Heider
    Heider Member Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    eric38 said:

Chemo and all that Crap

Even tho I am new here, glad to hear you are ok
    Hi Eric, I am sort of new here and have been reading the boards. I am so impressed at the level of support here. I am a Stage IV survivor---NED nearly 6 years. I, too, had a long course of Oxy. I tolerated it fairly well except for fatigue and neurapathy. I still have the numbness in my feet, but my hands are ok now except for when the weather turns cold.

Keep up the good fight. You can beat this. But besure to get your rest.
  • robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Options
    eric38 said:

Chemo and all that Crap

Hey Eric,
    Two more to go! Hang in there. And thanks for the update.

Rob; in Van
  • impactzone
    impactzone Member Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    robinvan said:

Hey Eric,
    Two more to go! Hang in there. And thanks for the update.

Rob; in Van

Prayers from me...
    Chip

Prayers from me...
    Chip
  • eric38
    eric38 Member Posts: 583
    Options
    Heider said:

Even tho I am new here, glad to hear you are ok
    Hi Eric, I am sort of new here and have been reading the boards. I am so impressed at the level of support here. I am a Stage IV survivor---NED nearly 6 years. I, too, had a long course of Oxy. I tolerated it fairly well except for fatigue and neurapathy. I still have the numbness in my feet, but my hands are ok now except for when the weather turns cold.

Keep up the good fight. You can beat this. But besure to get your rest.

Heider
    I am also impressed with the level of support on this board. These people are amazing for all those lingerers out there who are peeking but not posting, you should take full advantage of what is offered here. It's like a second family. I have benefited greatly from this board. These tremendous individuals have given me hope when I started with none. I was convinced I'd be gone within a year but I no longer believe that although I will have to accept whatever comes, I'm sure that I won't be going anywhere soon. Heider - thanks for sharing that you were stage 4 and are 6 years out. I am stage 4 with mets to liver. There was also pelvic and abdominal lymph involvement. Last scan showed pelvis was clear, only limited involvement in the abdomen and almost complete resolution in the liver. At this point I am getting chemo to try to finish off what is left and mop up the remainder. The doc told me I am not curable but In my book this a good start and maybe I will surprise evrybody. Eric
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Options

Prayers from me...
    Chip

Prayers from me...
    Chip

Eric!
    It's sooooo good to hear from you...I believe I am incurable as well, but what we need is to maybe change our diets and start juicing! I'm glad you're ok, you will beat this, keep thinking positive, I know chemo can get you down, but kick it's a$$!!! I missed ya!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna