And now, a word from my breast cancer nutritionist

Options
2»

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Advice
    Thanks for the great advice, Mimi! Will keep it in mind next time my family and I go out to eat.

MimiVac .. Thanks for the information and guidelines ..
    I am thinking out load ....oops Ditzy bottle blond moment -- :-)) wait ... wait .. I mean, Chemo moment .. where who I find such a person .. out here in California ..?

VickiSam
  • tasha_111
    tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
    Options
    VickiSam said:

MimiVac .. Thanks for the information and guidelines ..
    I am thinking out load ....oops Ditzy bottle blond moment -- :-)) wait ... wait .. I mean, Chemo moment .. where who I find such a person .. out here in California ..?

VickiSam

Oh No... Mimi!
    After reading your diet advice, I worked out my alcohol intake......It appears at 11% a shot that I am 220% more at risk!

OMG!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    tasha_111 said:

Oh No... Mimi!
    After reading your diet advice, I worked out my alcohol intake......It appears at 11% a shot that I am 220% more at risk!

OMG!

Hugs Jxxxxxxxxx

Girl!
    That's 20 shots!!
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    Options
    mimivac said:

Girl!
    That's 20 shots!!

As for
    the dried friut. I've been addicted to "Tropical Trail mix" from wal-mart/ sams. I just read on the package that it has sufates for color retention?? arrrggg.. I thought I was doing really good in finding something that is so yummy to snack on....
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Calleen said:

As for
    the dried friut. I've been addicted to "Tropical Trail mix" from wal-mart/ sams. I just read on the package that it has sufates for color retention?? arrrggg.. I thought I was doing really good in finding something that is so yummy to snack on....

Calleen,
    There's brand called "Just Tomatoes" that makes dried vegetables and fruits with no added anything, just dehydrated. I like their "Just Hot Vegetables" and "Just strawberries." They have many other varieties as well. The one glitch, they are pretty pricy. I'm sure there are other brands out there that don't have the added stuff. Also, maybe you could make your own? This is something I've been meaning to look into...

Mimi
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Calleen,
    There's brand called "Just Tomatoes" that makes dried vegetables and fruits with no added anything, just dehydrated. I like their "Just Hot Vegetables" and "Just strawberries." They have many other varieties as well. The one glitch, they are pretty pricy. I'm sure there are other brands out there that don't have the added stuff. Also, maybe you could make your own? This is something I've been meaning to look into...

Mimi

Thank you for this great
    Thank you for this great info Mimi! You help all of us so much with your postings!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Looking for a nutritionist
    Hi Mimi,

Is your nutritionist in an association? I can't find anyone in my area who specializes in breast cancer or cancer.

Roseann
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Looking for a nutritionist
    Hi Mimi,

Is your nutritionist in an association? I can't find anyone in my area who specializes in breast cancer or cancer.

Roseann

Roseann4 .. I'm right there with you, posed this
    same question yesterday. Onc staff looked dazed and confused, when I asked - and I live out here is Southern California .. a very large State.

VickiSam
  • jennytwist
    jennytwist Member Posts: 896
    Options
    Thanks a bunch!
    Mimi,
    Thanks for the helpful info. I was just wondering if I could go back to having wine again - since I'm "positive" I guess I'd better not. I need to start exercising again as well - thanks again for all the good info.
    -Jenny
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options

Thanks a bunch!
    Mimi,
    Thanks for the helpful info. I was just wondering if I could go back to having wine again - since I'm "positive" I guess I'd better not. I need to start exercising again as well - thanks again for all the good info.
    -Jenny

bumping this up for good
    bumping this up for good ideas
  • RE
    RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
    Options
    :-)
    All great tips Mimi, thanks for sharing with us, it is also wonderful to see your smiling face! Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,

RE
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    RE said:

:-)
    All great tips Mimi, thanks for sharing with us, it is also wonderful to see your smiling face! Hope you are doing well.

Hugs,

RE

Re sorry I got you excited, I miss MiMis posts too. I just bumped it up because it was great advice