First couselling session this morning

Options
tasha_111
tasha_111 Member Posts: 2,072
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
O.M.G! I feel like such a LOSER! She was nice and she was a BC survivor too! So she understood a lot, we didn't have a lot of time as the town is all under construction and I got lost 7 times and arrived 15 mins late.........Groannnnnnnnnnnn...
Anyway, we didn't cover much, it was more a meet and greet, but I think we'll do OK in the future. Believe it or not, I am NOT much of a talker, so she has her work cut out with me.
Anyway..........Step One completed...........Thank you all for your support, encouragement, beratings and kicks up the arse..I appreciated them all. Hugs Jxxxxxxxxxxxx

Comments

• mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Good job!
    And you are NOT a loser. A daft sod, yes. A loser, no. Cognitive therapy can take a while to warm up to, so don't worry if you are not opening up right away. Give it some time. I think this is a very positive step, and I'm so happy you're taking it. Step one of many completed!

Mimi
  • zahalene
    zahalene Member Posts: 670
    Options
    Tash, hun
    I am so proud of you! Huge step in the right direction. And a counselor who has BTDT, well can't ask for much more than that. And you are NOT a looser! Loosers refuse to see the forest for the trees. That's NOT our Tasha.
    God bless.
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Good job!
    And you are NOT a loser. A daft sod, yes. A loser, no. Cognitive therapy can take a while to warm up to, so don't worry if you are not opening up right away. Give it some time. I think this is a very positive step, and I'm so happy you're taking it. Step one of many completed!

Mimi

So proud of you
    You've taken a huge step forward ... and you should be very proud of yourself. You've made so many steps forward this past year ... and you just need to give yourself credit for all of your accomplishments. You are a lot stronger than you think you are ... and things can only get better for you. Nothing worthwhile comes easy ... so you may still have some hard work ahead of you ... but we all know you can do it.

Big hugs!
    teena
  • jk1952
    jk1952 Member Posts: 613
    Options
    zahalene said:

Tash, hun
    I am so proud of you! Huge step in the right direction. And a counselor who has BTDT, well can't ask for much more than that. And you are NOT a looser! Loosers refuse to see the forest for the trees. That's NOT our Tasha.
    God bless.

J, definitely a step in the

J, definitely a step in the right direction, you daft sod! We're all so proud of you. Take care of yourself, and let us know how you're doing.

Joyce
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Julia, I am so proud of
    Julia, I am so proud of you. Counseling saved my life, but it was pretty painful at first. xoxoxox Lynn
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    TASHA
    I so proud that you took the first step. Good for you and Good Luck with your sessions!! Hugs, Diane
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Moving Forward with Courage and Humor
    Oh, Julia, a loser you are NOT. You have acted with great courage these last few months. You doubt yourself, sure, but you continue to find the strength to move forward. You are always able as well to regain your sense of humor and joy in life. Congratulations on completing this big step today.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    Sooo so so so proud of you!
    Sooo so so so proud of you! When I think back 2 your not so distant frightened posts, and the worries and ok, lets be honest here, the abuse you were suffering at the hands of whats-iz-name~ there is NO WAY you are a loser! You went to counseling~ OMG Turquoise One, how awesome are you, anyway?????

I couldn't be any prouder of you...you have made my heart smile. :-)♥

Hugs,
    Chen
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Good for
    you,Tasha!And you are definately not a loser!!
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Tash
    You are doing great!! weather you talk or not..... I will always love you for you as well as our sisters here!! jackie
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    rjjj said:

Tash
    You are doing great!! weather you talk or not..... I will always love you for you as well as our sisters here!! jackie

So not a loser are you. So
    So not a loser are you. So proud that you are reaching out and doing counseling. Ultimately only good can come from taking this step. YOu are the best darn daft sod I know and I know a lot of them.
    Stef
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Options
    Dear J...
    As everyone else has stated...

Certainly, positively - you are NOT a loser! You WON the biggest battle of all - for your own life, your own survival. Throw everything else into the mix, it's enough to derail anyone.

You just took Step One along yet another segment of The Journey. The first step is always the most difficult.

Hoping it'll go really, really well for you, J.

Kind regards, Susan
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Ok, second step in successful counseling.....
    Repeat after me..."I am not a loser! I may not be in my right mind, but , hey, I was saving my right mind for a special occassion!! That makes me pretty darn smart!" LOL!!
    Love you Tasha!! Hugs. Pammy
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Ok, second step in successful counseling.....
    Repeat after me..."I am not a loser! I may not be in my right mind, but , hey, I was saving my right mind for a special occassion!! That makes me pretty darn smart!" LOL!!
    Love you Tasha!! Hugs. Pammy

Proud
    I am proud of you, my sister.
    One step at a time. You are putting one foot in front of the other and soon you will be back to your ole self.

keep us posted my friend.

Love,
    Margo
  • marilyndbk
    marilyndbk Member Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    Have faith in yourself.
    Have faith in yourself. Counseling can be hard at first. Keep pressing on. Marilyn
  • creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Options

Have faith in yourself.
    Have faith in yourself. Counseling can be hard at first. Keep pressing on. Marilyn

Julia, I don't think the
    Julia, I don't think the word loser could possibly ever be used to describe you....such a giving and loving person. This is the first step you have taken, and each step will make your job easier, climbing back to the top of the pedastal. We are behind you all the way, and with the help of your counselor (even if you were 15 minutes late to the first session), you will be bringing us the humor and delight we have all come to expect from you. I applaud your courage and intestinal fortitude for having taken this first step, and look forward to the time when you will look back and see this all as a distant past part of what you were. You were the very first one to reach out to me when I first came on this board (you probably didn't know that, but I will never forget), and you will be there if I ever need help again. I know that, so get going, girl, and rejuvenate your soul. Hugs and support coming your way. Judy
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

Julia, I don't think the
    Julia, I don't think the word loser could possibly ever be used to describe you....such a giving and loving person. This is the first step you have taken, and each step will make your job easier, climbing back to the top of the pedastal. We are behind you all the way, and with the help of your counselor (even if you were 15 minutes late to the first session), you will be bringing us the humor and delight we have all come to expect from you. I applaud your courage and intestinal fortitude for having taken this first step, and look forward to the time when you will look back and see this all as a distant past part of what you were. You were the very first one to reach out to me when I first came on this board (you probably didn't know that, but I will never forget), and you will be there if I ever need help again. I know that, so get going, girl, and rejuvenate your soul. Hugs and support coming your way. Judy

It is good to see you
    It is good to see you posting Julia and I am glad that you are seeking counseling. We all want you to feel good again!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Good job!

Mimi

Julia ☻
    I am proud of yo too Julia! And, I hope and pray that the counseling can help you. You are such a bright, fun wonderful girl that we all want you to feel good again!

Kristin ♥