Options
2»

Comments

• mollyz
    mollyz Member Posts: 756 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Personally...
    I would rethink the chemo....with 11 positive nodes....I, personally, wouldn't want any regrets down the road...chemo is no day at the beach but is very doable....nothing like years past....did your oncologist recommend chemo?

Your friend's cancer may be totally different than yours...there are so many differences between us all with breast cancer...so glad your friend Is doing well...

Wishing you the best and Merry Christmas....

I agree with MAJW
    Did your Dr. recommend chemo? that's something a lot of people don't realize that all cancers are not the same maybe your friends was different and she didn't require chemo, please do what your Dr. suggest i know it's your body.#just saying~~MollyZ~~
  • New Flower
    New Flower Member Posts: 4,294
    Options
    mollyz said:

I agree with MAJW
    Did your Dr. recommend chemo? that's something a lot of people don't realize that all cancers are not the same maybe your friends was different and she didn't require chemo, please do what your Dr. suggest i know it's your body.#just saying~~MollyZ~~

I like old posts
    you can see the history of this board, tears while thinking about those who stopped coming or in heaven.

9 or 11 or just 1 with cancer it does not matter, I am a strong believer in necessity of Chemotherapy for positive nodes.
    I have had 10 positive nodes and Radical mastectomy, and Chemo and radiation and currently on anti-estrogen therapy.
    Good luck with your decision
    Happy Holidays to you too
    New Flower
  • Lisaepstein
    Lisaepstein Member Posts: 62
    Options

I like old posts
    you can see the history of this board, tears while thinking about those who stopped coming or in heaven.

9 or 11 or just 1 with cancer it does not matter, I am a strong believer in necessity of Chemotherapy for positive nodes.
    I have had 10 positive nodes and Radical mastectomy, and Chemo and radiation and currently on anti-estrogen therapy.
    Good luck with your decision
    Happy Holidays to you too
    New Flower

lympe nodes
    it it possible to have clear margins if lympe nodes are possitive?
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options

lympe nodes

Yes..
    Yes, very possible....
  • carkris
    carkris Member Posts: 4,553 Member
    Options
    MAJW said:

Yes..
    Yes, very possible....

margins are the area around
    margins are the area around the tumor. the nodes get cancer from the bloodstream or lymphatics.
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options

lympe nodes

Yes, you can have clear
    Yes, you can have clear margins and still have positive lymph nodes.
  • janeypaney
    janeypaney Member Posts: 1
    Options
    6673162 said:

11 lymph nodes with cancer
    I had my right breast removed on November 24th and cancer was found in 11 of my lymph nodes and they were removed too - On the initial ultra-sound scan before surgery it showed that only 2 lymph nodes appeared to be "infected" but once they got in there another 9 were cancerous. My oncologist again suggested that I have chemotherapy and radiation - I am taking anti-hormone medication and I am starting radiation in January. I declined chemotherapy - With the medication and radiation there is a 75-80% chance that I will make a full recovery - with chemo that goes up to 85%. 4 years ago my friend had a double mastectomy - she did the radiation only - no meds and no chemo - She is still cancer-free - cautious - but cancer free - God bless - have a great Christmas - Stay strong -

no chemo
    hi im jane and was very interested in your post i was dx in january 2012 with lobular grade 3 5 nodes out of 15 positive, i myself are concidering no chemo. i had a mastectomy on feb 03 and have since had a ct scan to which i havnt recieved any results, my onc told me i was high risk not sure what that means. my tumour was 9cm although originally it was thought to be between 2 and 4. did you have to have these scans too, i was offered a bone scan but declined. im so scared it may have spread. i have been very interested in all of you lovely ladies posts and if you could help me with my worries i would be so grateful. i also have capsular spread too does anyone know about that.im er+ and her2-. thankyou so much for reading lots of hugs to you all jane
  • Lynn Smith
    Lynn Smith Member Posts: 1,264 Member
    Options

no chemo
    hi im jane and was very interested in your post i was dx in january 2012 with lobular grade 3 5 nodes out of 15 positive, i myself are concidering no chemo. i had a mastectomy on feb 03 and have since had a ct scan to which i havnt recieved any results, my onc told me i was high risk not sure what that means. my tumour was 9cm although originally it was thought to be between 2 and 4. did you have to have these scans too, i was offered a bone scan but declined. im so scared it may have spread. i have been very interested in all of you lovely ladies posts and if you could help me with my worries i would be so grateful. i also have capsular spread too does anyone know about that.im er+ and her2-. thankyou so much for reading lots of hugs to you all jane

My cancer was
    My cancer was non invasive so can't help about the lymph nodes accept from what I know of a friend and classmate.She was dx 14 years ago.It came back almost 2 years ago.She fought for 1 year but passed away Feb 2011.She had 12 nodes involved.Her cancer was def Stage 4.She had no problems till 12 years later.But with all they know since 12 years ago people are living longer.Her twin was going to be a bone marrow donor but she was not able to withstand the surgery. If she would've been able to withstand the surgery she would be alive today.

Lynn Smith