Anxiety over PET scan results that i don't have yet!

Mary5777
Mary5777 Member Posts: 18
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
How do we survive these few days before getting to see the oncologist and get the report? I haven't had a PEt/CT scan since March. it showed minimal growth on a peritineal spot. But i started Folfiri again and added Erbitux in June(after my KRAS approved) Anyway, why do i worry so. Why can't we get over this. Some people do get good news. Some are NED or NEAD..i would take that..in a minute..or even stable... I am going to try and keep busy. Maybe go for a walk while it is not raining. Thanks for listening. Mary

Comments

• grandmafay
    grandmafay Member Posts: 1,633 Member
    Waiting
    Waiting for test results is always hard. That's why I loved the University of Calif. San Francisco. Because we had to drive a couple of hours, they scheduled my husband's scans early in the morning and we had results when we saw the doctor late afternoon. We usually stay in a hotel the night before and enjoyed San Francisco's Japantown area. That really made life easier for us. Hope all is well. Praying for you. Fay
  • zigswife
    zigswife Member Posts: 61
    Mary-
    I'm not sure if this is an option where you are but I call whatever department completed the scan and notify them that I am picking up my husband's report. I have to give them 24 hours notice (so I call when he finishes his scan) and have to take a signed letter from him stating that I have his permission to pick them up. That way I can see what the report says (I'm much more of a visual person so I have to actually see what is there) and then I can write my list of questions for our oncologist. I also notify the oncologist that I will be likely calling with questions after I read the report.

Before the cancer diagnosis I would have waited with my own angst until the scheduled appointment. After the cancer diagnosis, I decided that receiving information about my husband's LIFE will be based on our timeline rather than an appointment made based on scheduling convenience for the doctor's office. I will be obsessing about the results either way so I figure I may as well obsess with accurate information! I still have to wait a day before I see the results but it's much better than several days.