Great day.

ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.I had my first chemo last Tues. and I have had some side effect or two every day.My best friend was going to visit me today and her sister.I have had 3days of achs and nausea even with the meds.And I was up early sick again.I prayed about it and took some stomach med.i didn,t want to cancel on my friend.She always makes me feel better.So she came to visit and I had the best time.We laughed and tryed on my wigs and talked about the good memories.It felt so good to laugh and have a good time.For a short while I could have fun and forget about breast cancer.I advice to call your best friend to visit .It was so woderful.Thanks for listning to me.I don,t know what I would do if I didn,t have you people to talk to.Thank you so much.and God bless you.(Pat).

Comments

  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    good for you Pat
    do what you need to keep sane during treatments. The next one will be better!
    Cat
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Your good day
    Yes! Yes! Yes! Your good day lifted my spirits and made me smile for you! There are nothing like good friends to laugh and forget our troubles with! Thanks for sharing your good day with us!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • laurissa
    laurissa Member Posts: 773
    laugh
    I guess I'll be starting chemo within a week, too. I'll find out details tomorrow. My sister is very supportive and I know she'll be right there with me. I just want to get it started and get rid of this. I don't care if I lose my hair or get sick from the chemo as long as the outcome is a success. I'm glad you had a good day.
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Hi Pat
    I'm sorry to hear that you had a rough 1st Chemo treatment. Glad you went through with your visit and had a great time! I'm sure it was just what you needed. Any distractions from the cancer world are truly a blessing! I agree, I too don't know what I would do without these women here! They are God sent!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Pat
    I think that one of my favorite visits was after I had had my surgeries and before chemo. A friend of mine who I hadn't seen for a while brought Starbucks coffee and some little gifts and we just sat on the couch and got caught up on each others lives-it was some normalcy and we hardly talked about cancer at all!
    Glad you decided to keep your visit-it sounded very nice!
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    laurissa said:

    laugh
    I guess I'll be starting chemo within a week, too. I'll find out details tomorrow. My sister is very supportive and I know she'll be right there with me. I just want to get it started and get rid of this. I don't care if I lose my hair or get sick from the chemo as long as the outcome is a success. I'm glad you had a good day.

    What a
    great attitude,Laurissa! You go,girl!!
  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Thanks everyone
    Thanks for sharing your thought about my wonderful day yesterday with my friend and her sister.I also didn,t add that she brought donuts and Cappuchino.which was great,but just her being here would have been enough.I hope that I have incouraged some of you to have someone close to you visit.It was so uplifting.Have a great day.(Pat).
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    PAT
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the chemo, but I'm very glad you had a great day your friends!! It's nice to be able to forget about the c word if only for a few minutes!! Hugs Diane
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Glad to hear you had a great
    Glad to hear you had a great day! I think the distraction with friends and some normalcy definately helps us get through the day-to-day challenges. I'm so happy for you!
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    MyTurnNow said:

    Glad to hear you had a great
    Glad to hear you had a great day! I think the distraction with friends and some normalcy definately helps us get through the day-to-day challenges. I'm so happy for you!

    I had many side efforts -- too numerous to repeat,
    however, I keep a journal on word .. and I print off before each onc visit. I hand over a copy to my onc doctor and we discuss every Tuesday. I also have my onc on speed dial and emergency call numbers for the week-ends .. My breast cancer center is 36 miles away and at times with our lovely California traffic .. my trip there or home can be over an hour.

    I started my 2nd round of TCH chemo yesterday - 5 hours of pure bliss - or hell, depends of what time of day it is .. and I SURVIVED. I will also being giving myself my neulasta injection today at 1:00 p.m. I was a bit depressed when my onc doctor and nurse told my husband and I that TCH, is the strongest chemo - 3 drug cocktail given out at St. Joseph's, UCLA or City Hope. This is due to my Her2 positive diagnosis .. after the shock wore off .. I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed .. only me - I would require the very best medical science has to offer ..my husband agreed and we laughed and laughed.

    My side efforts have been a challenge, my short- short hair shedding another challenge, however .. I laugh, I am sad, I cry, I have a strong network of family and friends, but most importantly .. I have GOD. This too shall pass, and I will again become whole.

    VickiSam
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    VickiSam said:

    I had many side efforts -- too numerous to repeat,
    however, I keep a journal on word .. and I print off before each onc visit. I hand over a copy to my onc doctor and we discuss every Tuesday. I also have my onc on speed dial and emergency call numbers for the week-ends .. My breast cancer center is 36 miles away and at times with our lovely California traffic .. my trip there or home can be over an hour.

    I started my 2nd round of TCH chemo yesterday - 5 hours of pure bliss - or hell, depends of what time of day it is .. and I SURVIVED. I will also being giving myself my neulasta injection today at 1:00 p.m. I was a bit depressed when my onc doctor and nurse told my husband and I that TCH, is the strongest chemo - 3 drug cocktail given out at St. Joseph's, UCLA or City Hope. This is due to my Her2 positive diagnosis .. after the shock wore off .. I just shrugged my shoulders and laughed .. only me - I would require the very best medical science has to offer ..my husband agreed and we laughed and laughed.

    My side efforts have been a challenge, my short- short hair shedding another challenge, however .. I laugh, I am sad, I cry, I have a strong network of family and friends, but most importantly .. I have GOD. This too shall pass, and I will again become whole.

    VickiSam

    I hope your side effects
    I hope your side effects this time are more tolerable. It is hard going through treatments but thank god the treatments are available to us. Take it day by day and we're here, your sisters in pink, to help you get through this.
  • susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    chickad52 said:

    PAT
    Sorry to hear you are having a rough time with the chemo, but I'm very glad you had a great day your friends!! It's nice to be able to forget about the c word if only for a few minutes!! Hugs Diane

    Pat
    I am glad that you had a great day with your friends Pat. I love my friends and they like to keep me busy. I think I am gaining weight from all of the food that they still bring out for us. And, I love to do lunches, so, we have a lot of those too.

    ♠♣ Susie ♠♣