Port is out.

colon2
colon2 Member Posts: 183
edited March 2014 in Colorectal Cancer #1
They removed my port on Friday and I was a little nervous because they told me it would be done with just a local anesthetic. I must report that it was very easy. No pain, only some tugging when the dr pulled on it, but it was not bad at all. I am so glad to have it gone. The only thing left now is a colonoscopy in November, and if that looks good, then I am set for a year, until they have to do another one. My husband and I went to San diego the 11th thru the 18th and it was nice to travel again. I can't wait to do some more.I hope and pray everyone is doing good.
Carletta

Comments

• robinvan
    robinvan Member Posts: 1,012
    Yeah! Big Milestone!
    I remember the day mine came out! Chemo freedom day! It is such a relief and an important symbol of recovery...

Congrats from Rob; in Vancouver.
  • Buzzard
    Buzzard Member Posts: 3,043 Member
    robinvan said:

Yeah! Big Milestone!
    I remember the day mine came out! Chemo freedom day! It is such a relief and an important symbol of recovery...

Congrats from Rob; in Vancouver.

Carletta...you are the gal !!!
    Good for you Girl......Big Hugs on a job well done..You have finally crawled out the other side of the tunnel...........and it sure is a great feeling....congrats girl...Now have a ball.........Clift
  • Kathryn_in_MN
    Kathryn_in_MN Member Posts: 1,252 Member
    Congrats! A big milestone -
    Congrats! A big milestone - I'm already looking forward to the day when mine will come out, and I don't even get it inserted till this Thursday... I hope your colonoscopy goes well so you get your break for a year.
  • Fight for my love
    Fight for my love Member Posts: 1,522 Member
    Hi dear Carletta,I am so
    Hi dear Carletta,I am so happy for you that you finished all the treatment and life will be back to the original track again.Please enjoy your trip and have fun.Take care.Hugsss.
  • Sundanceh
    Sundanceh Member Posts: 4,392 Member
    Carletta :)
    It's always such a relief when they get that thing out of you - when it's there it's always a constant reminder of what you are going through - or what you've been through.

I had my first one taken out a week before Christmas as a present to myself, it was wonderful.

But, then I had to have the 2nd one put in and still have it - can't wait for the day when I don't feel "the bump."

Congratlations on your success!
    -Craig
  • Shayenne
    Shayenne Member Posts: 2,342
    Sundanceh said:

Carletta :)
    It's always such a relief when they get that thing out of you - when it's there it's always a constant reminder of what you are going through - or what you've been through.

I had my first one taken out a week before Christmas as a present to myself, it was wonderful.

But, then I had to have the 2nd one put in and still have it - can't wait for the day when I don't feel "the bump."

Congratlations on your success!
    -Craig

Hey Girl!
    It's so good to hear from you! and wow! port coming out, you're so lucky! my bump is still so big and noticeable, I hate it, but it sure does save the veins! Good luck on your exam, and hope everything has been going well with you!

Hugsss!
    ~Donna