B O O - H A L L O W E E N - B O O

Options
susie09
susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Is it too soon or does anyone even dress up anymore for Halloween? Hubby and I got invited

to a Halloween party and we are lost about what to dress up as. Any ideas anyone? Thanks!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Comments

• jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    The last time my husband and I dressed up, we went to the local costume store and we went as Sonny and Cher. They had everything we needed and we were a big hit at the party. Have you considered doing that? Renting a costume? If you are, you probably should be doing it now and not wait too long. Have fun!

And, I love your kitty pic :)

Leeza
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    jnl said:

The last time my husband and I dressed up, we went to the local costume store and we went as Sonny and Cher. They had everything we needed and we were a big hit at the party. Have you considered doing that? Renting a costume? If you are, you probably should be doing it now and not wait too long. Have fun!

And, I love your kitty pic :)

Leeza

Hubby and I went once as
    Hubby and I went once as Raggety Ann and Andy. I have a girlfriend that sews and she did most of the costumes, including our hair made out of yarn. We were pretty cute if I say so myself.

Good luck!
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    Sounds fun
    How about going as members of an old fashioned mascarade ball? You know, with those hand-held masks, like these:
    http://www.teamchallenge-company.co.uk/assets/0000/6912/Mascarade_Mask_thumb.jpg

We did that one year and it was lots of fun. Then, of course, I got into collecting them... They really are quite beautiful.

edited to add: the system bleeped the full address. Just add ". j p g" without the spaces after "thumb"
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I like to go comfortable and
    I like to go comfortable and still costume-ish. Hippies ( in my opinion) never go out of style! and the hairless women amongt us can still be Hippies with bandana-swathed heads, and peace symbols drawn on our faces~ big loopy earrings, bells and well, ya know, think Woodstock!

Same vein, Gypsies are nice too!

Have Fun!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

I like to go comfortable and
    I like to go comfortable and still costume-ish. Hippies ( in my opinion) never go out of style! and the hairless women amongt us can still be Hippies with bandana-swathed heads, and peace symbols drawn on our faces~ big loopy earrings, bells and well, ya know, think Woodstock!

Same vein, Gypsies are nice too!

Have Fun!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

That sounds like fun! I
    That sounds like fun! I love everyone's ideas on here, so, it shouldn't be too hard for you to pick something out. I was going to suggest going as a prom or homecoming queen. Your hubby could be the king. Ok, maybe that was lame. lol My mind isn't working right today!

Sue :)
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

That sounds like fun! I
    That sounds like fun! I love everyone's ideas on here, so, it shouldn't be too hard for you to pick something out. I was going to suggest going as a prom or homecoming queen. Your hubby could be the king. Ok, maybe that was lame. lol My mind isn't working right today!

Sue :)

BOO Backatcha!
    I love Halloween! I am sure that no matter what you go as, you will have fun!

♥ Noel
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    Noel said:

BOO Backatcha!
    I love Halloween! I am sure that no matter what you go as, you will have fun!

♥ Noel

What dressing up as a NUN ? Habit and all .. this
    way you do not have to fuss with a hat, scarve or wig ?

VickiSam
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    VickiSam said:

What dressing up as a NUN ? Habit and all .. this
    way you do not have to fuss with a hat, scarve or wig ?

VickiSam

The party sounds like fun!
    The party sounds like fun! Maybe we will get invited to one. But, then I would miss all the little kiddies coming. And, they are always so cute.

Maybe just some of the usual ones. A nurse, witch, gypsy or a cat. Or, do you want to get real involved with your costumes?

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Ghost
    Once we had an impromptu dress up party to go to. I went to the store, bought 2 white bedsheets, a black permanent marker, and whala.....no one ever wants to be ghost anymore, but it keeps them guessing who you are all nite!! Just remember to bring a couple of straws in your pocket! Pammy
  • JGrim
    JGrim Member Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm going as...
    ... the Wicked Witch of the East. In the movie you only see her socks and the ruby slippers, so my costume will be the socks and the ruby slippers... and something else totally ridiculous that I haven't decided on yet (like a shower cap and towel or a pink prom dress or something).

For old-fashioned masquerade-type masks, what I always do is pop the lenses out of cheap glasses or sunglasses and glue the masks onto those... that way they stay on all night, are comfortable, and won't mess up your hair or a wig.
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    JGrim said:

I'm going as...
    ... the Wicked Witch of the East. In the movie you only see her socks and the ruby slippers, so my costume will be the socks and the ruby slippers... and something else totally ridiculous that I haven't decided on yet (like a shower cap and towel or a pink prom dress or something).

For old-fashioned masquerade-type masks, what I always do is pop the lenses out of cheap glasses or sunglasses and glue the masks onto those... that way they stay on all night, are comfortable, and won't mess up your hair or a wig.

The nerd and the queen!
    Halloween is so cool! Your husband could go as a nerd. You know, with short pants, dark rimmed glasses, greasy hair, white shirt etc. You could go as the Homecoming queen. If you have a gown, high heels, hair and makeup perfect, a banner, you know do it all. Or, you could go as a cheerleader. That costume is pretty easy to do. You two would make a cute couple I think.

Kylez ♥