Surgery is a go so far....

Options
2»

Comments

• sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    surgery date
    Hi pammy, are you having the "easy" hysterectomy ? I had a total hysterctomy in 2006 and it was a scope type day surgery, and I recovered real easy, but had major hot flashes for several months later. Yep, menopause can be a bummer, sorry you have to go thru it twice.
    Looking at the bright side, here's praying you are in the 95% group, and they find NO OVARIAN cancer. What day is the actual surgery ? Will pray for you.
    sgamtd
    PS: I just got thru rads # 10, thanks for your guidance, so far so good, not even pink, and just some days I need a little nap, sometimes not.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    Pammy...keeping you in my
    Pammy...keeping you in my thoughts... hang in there... and know positive thoughts are heading your way...

♥ & hugs,

~T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    sgamtd said:

surgery date
    Hi pammy, are you having the "easy" hysterectomy ? I had a total hysterctomy in 2006 and it was a scope type day surgery, and I recovered real easy, but had major hot flashes for several months later. Yep, menopause can be a bummer, sorry you have to go thru it twice.
    Looking at the bright side, here's praying you are in the 95% group, and they find NO OVARIAN cancer. What day is the actual surgery ? Will pray for you.
    sgamtd
    PS: I just got thru rads # 10, thanks for your guidance, so far so good, not even pink, and just some days I need a little nap, sometimes not.

Awwww...
    Your welcome :) I'm so glad you are coming through Rads so well!! But you are getting close to the BAM! That's when you sorta run into that brick wall. But know it is normal. It hit me between week 2 and 3, which is about where you are. I hope you don't get as drained as me, but if it should happen....rest,rest,rest!!
    Surgery is on Tuesday. Hoping for just the three little itty bitty inscisions, but because my original hysterectomy was done vaginally, there is a chance my ovaries adhered to my adominal wall. Then I get the "hip to hip" inscision added. She said it will probably mess up my bikini line. My Doc felt really bad telling me that part and I just laughed. I informed her at my age, I'm not worried about wearing a bikini anyway. I just want a certificate stating I am the "true" bride of Frankenstein....never know what perks may come with that status!!
    Pammy
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Awwww...
    Your welcome :) I'm so glad you are coming through Rads so well!! But you are getting close to the BAM! That's when you sorta run into that brick wall. But know it is normal. It hit me between week 2 and 3, which is about where you are. I hope you don't get as drained as me, but if it should happen....rest,rest,rest!!
    Surgery is on Tuesday. Hoping for just the three little itty bitty inscisions, but because my original hysterectomy was done vaginally, there is a chance my ovaries adhered to my adominal wall. Then I get the "hip to hip" inscision added. She said it will probably mess up my bikini line. My Doc felt really bad telling me that part and I just laughed. I informed her at my age, I'm not worried about wearing a bikini anyway. I just want a certificate stating I am the "true" bride of Frankenstein....never know what perks may come with that status!!
    Pammy

Best wishes....
    Sending prayers that everything goes well with your surgery. I had the "bikini cut" when I was 37....I pray you get the "three little incisions." I followed your radiation treatments and you were an inspiration....Thank you.
    Prayers and best wishes