Options
2»

Comments

• sfmarie
    sfmarie Member Posts: 602
    Options
    snommintj said:

Top Dog
    The lady I spoke with on the phone today is the person that must authorize any patient that enters clinical trials after the folks that sign you do all their homework. She is the head honcho. Without her approval you don't get a clinical trial at the NIH. She told me why I was excluded and why I would be excluded from other trials. She says she doesn't think there has been or will be a clinical trial that allows patients with multiple primary cancers.

HOPE
    John, I wanted to post this as inspiration. We were turned down for liver resection, HIPEC, etc. as the disease spread to the lymph node, liver and peritoneum. We had a fourth opinion where the doctor offered different options, when we thought we only had one. So, there is always hope! And I pray you will get that hope soon. Marie
  • jscho
    jscho Member Posts: 62
    Options
    compassionate drug use?
    Hello, I understand your frustration and feeling of helplessness (I'm sure a temporary thing for you, as you are a hell of a fighter). I don't know much about this, but can you appeal to pharma companies that make the drugs for clinical trials for compassionate drug use?
    A quick google search gave this web site:
    http://www.cancer.org/docroot/ETO/content/ETO_1_2x_Compassionate_Drug_Use.asp

Best wishes to you,
    Jeremy