Good night sleep.

Options
ppurdin
ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi everyone.Well I gave in and took some pain pills and a sleeping pill last night.I sleepy all night and didn,t hurt all night.The joint pain yesterday was horible.I don,t like taking meds. But hey I feel better today.I am up and ready for Church.I am not one to take much meds.But hey it worked and we do what we have to do to get through this Chemo stuff.Have a great day everyone.Love and prayers(Pat).

Comments

• DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    So happy to hear that you
    So happy to hear that you feel better Pat! That is all that counts! Have a great day!

Hugs, Diane ♥
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Pat
    Good news! So glad you finally got a good nights sleep! Don't feel bad because you needed help! Whatever works! I too do not like taking pills, but I also know it is important for us to get rest so we can keep our minds "somewhat" clear and allow our bodies to heal.
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Pat
    Yeah, dont every underestimate the need for plenty of rest while on chemo. You will find the longer out you are from chemo the more like yourself you will feel. Unfortunately about the time you feel reasonably yourself, you get zapped again with chemo. My best advise to you is to try to stay active as much as possible. Walk and exercise when you can because it will help your energy level.

Hang in there

LInda T
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options
    mlmjt1 said:

Hi Pat
    Yeah, dont every underestimate the need for plenty of rest while on chemo. You will find the longer out you are from chemo the more like yourself you will feel. Unfortunately about the time you feel reasonably yourself, you get zapped again with chemo. My best advise to you is to try to stay active as much as possible. Walk and exercise when you can because it will help your energy level.

Hang in there

LInda T

I am happy that you got some
    I am happy that you got some rest Pat. And, if you need to take some pills to do it, then there is nothing wrong with that. This is temporary, not a permanent situation. A lot of bc survivors take sleeping pills, nerve pills, antidepressants, whatever helps them to get thru their treatment. You just do what is good for you!

Leeza
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options
    jnl said:

I am happy that you got some
    I am happy that you got some rest Pat. And, if you need to take some pills to do it, then there is nothing wrong with that. This is temporary, not a permanent situation. A lot of bc survivors take sleeping pills, nerve pills, antidepressants, whatever helps them to get thru their treatment. You just do what is good for you!

Leeza

Pat, getting sleep is so
    Pat, getting sleep is so important to your body and mind healing. So, even if you have to take something for awhile to help you, please do. It will do you so much good.

Lex♥
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    Alexis F said:

Pat, getting sleep is so
    Pat, getting sleep is so important to your body and mind healing. So, even if you have to take something for awhile to help you, please do. It will do you so much good.

Lex♥

sleep
    Yes ... a good night's sleep is very important. Sound sleep. Not just the dozing and waking and dozing again.

I've found that for right now the only real way I can get a sound ... restful night's sleep is by taking a benadryl and a xanax before I go to bed. No tossing and turning ... I just drift off ... and wake up rested lin the morning. Hopefully I'll soon be able to start cutting back on either the xanax or benadryl ... or cutting the pills in half or something ...

But ... for right now it's the only way I can get a good night's sleep.

hugs.
    teena