• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options

Diane,
    I hope time has

Diane,
    I hope time has helped you. Take Care and feel better. Marilyn

I am so sorry .. Diane
    My husband's Aunt has brain cancer .. she was given 2 to 6 months to live on June 6th. She is now entering her final days. The word cancer is scary, but so many people do not have the opportunity to fight cancer. We breast cancer women and men, have challenges, but we have options, and for that I am very greatful.

My 37 year old girlfriend, had a stroke late last week - 2 children at home. I went to the hospital this past week-end, made a dinner for her family and now I am calling .. I do want I can, with over extending myself. I hope this does not sound selfish or cold.

Take care,

VickiSam
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    So sorry for your loss. I
    So sorry for your loss. I can't add any more. Hugs.
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    It is so hard when things
    It is so hard when things move from the abstract to reality....we know no one who has lived forever. We can laugh at death when we are young, healthy and unaware ; but now, things are not so very funny. Mortality has tapped us on the shoulder, and eventually, we all face the same fate. Just WHEN is of course, the question which remains unanswered.

My Dad also died of lung cancer~just 12 WEEKS from his diagnosis. That was in the early 1970's, and I think how much more my dad might have been able to do, and plan for, and LIVE, if like your friend, he had 4 years. It doesn't take away any of your loss and the pain you are feeling, but I personally couldn't help but think how far cancer research and treatment have come! Each milestone is a blessing for us all, on it's way to finding The Cure.

For the record, as I was writing this, our local news just reported that 2 DJ's who raised over $67,000.00 at this weekend's Relay For Life were hit head on by a drunk driver on their way home from the Relay and BOTH died! So...go figure! Cancer didn' take these 2 men who worked hard to find a cure, a drunk driver did.

We inhale, we exhale, we love our famies and friends, we take care of ourselves and others, and when , as you wrote, "God finally calls you", we hope we have made a valuable contribution to Life as we know it...

Hugs to you, sweet Pink Sister,
    Chen♥
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    So sorry Diane,
    It is natural and normal for you to feel sadness and also contemplate your own mortality when something like this happens. Take time to feel these things and be kind and gentle with yourself. It's obvious that this friend meant a lot to you. You honor your friend by living your life and finding joy and pleasure in the everyday. My thoughts are with you.

Mimi
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    THANK YOU ALL AGAIN
    for your kind and healing words. Today is the day we say good-bye to Linda so I have been pretty emotional. But I will do my best to do whatever I can to be there for the family. Bless You All and Hugs, Diane