Continue to Work?

Options
2»

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options

ruthie
    I am a full time homemaker/part time volunteer and when I went through it a couple of years ago,I had no energy whatsoever-had a hard time even going for a walk! But my blood counts were very low and chemo ended up smacking me on my butt!
    These ladies are right-everyone is different! I hope that you are one of those who still has enough energy to work!

I think it just depends on
    I think it just depends on the individual. I have read about some on here that worked fulltime during chemo and rads. And, I am sure it depends on the job itself, how physical it is. You will probably just have to wait and see. I am lucky, I don't work, so, it didn't matter what treatment I had. Just see what you can or can't do. Good luck!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    You will probably just have
    You will probably just have to wait and see how you do with your chemo. I know some have been able to work and some haven't. Good luck and let us know how you do!

Sue :)
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Options

Working during treatment...
    There are already many posts here... Just adding my own experience.

Had worked full-time my entire adult life, up until BC. My med onc told me, upfront, that I would not be able to continue during treatment - not even part-time. I remember being horrified, and thinking he was probably wrong.

He wasn't, of course. He was absolutely correct. Therefore, if you haven't already posed this question to your own doctor - I suggest you do. And, follow his/her advice.

Every patient is different - and there are many, many variations of treatment.

Everyone is different
    I don't work, so, I didn't have to make that decision during my treatment. It seems that everyone is different. You may be fine and you may not be. I hope that you do well!

Leeza
  • This comment has been removed by the Moderator