Options
2»

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Patty ♥
    You are a Daft Sod! But, I think that is a Good Thing! ( as I am one too hehe)

Just glad that it is ok and that you will be fine. That is all that matters!

Love, Jeanne ♥

Arrggghhh
    You guys will never believe it(or maybe you will!)-I took another pill tonight!!! Can you say-CHEMO BRAIN?!!!
    Okay,Claudia-I am going to pull out that crazy pill box before I go to bed tonight! Can't believe I just did that!!
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Don't laugh....
    Bought the Jumbo Pill Box! Lots of room, very colorful....too many slots! Try to figure out the four time slots when you wake up at different times each day. Still can't remember to take them! Miss a day.....just try to remember what day I am on. Leave the lid open? Nope....too risky, I thought I forgot to fill them! Set them out in the morning? The cat decided they were perfect "Tic Tacs" to bat around...three hours later I was able to breath when I found the last one! Set them by your toothbrush? I set mine on top of my toothbrush and somehow they ended up in the toilet everytime! Have people remind you? After ten times, they figure if they remember to ask, you should remember to take them! Sigh.....Can't they just make a once a month patch? OK, I'll settle for the private male nurse that gives me my meds!! Teehee....Pammy

So the
    cat thought your pills were tictacs,huh?! That's funny,Pammy...
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Options
    Boy am I going to be in trouble
    when my chemo brain starts to kick in when my chemo starts next month, cuz I've been having major senior moments for the past couple years. Must be the creeping towards 60!
    I was reading all the posts on the medications and all of a sudden I realized, I hadn't taken my meds this morning. Right now they are just my regular stuff -- BP, chloresterol,incontentinence, and arthritis but I even have a meds container for them! So tonight I get to take the regular morning ones as well as the night.
    Maybe I need to paint it a bright color or put it on my computer keyboard at night!
    Lola
  • m_azingrace
    m_azingrace Member Posts: 399
    Options
    chenheart said:

I am glad you called the
    I am glad you called the pharmacy~ pharmacists know everything! They are really amazing! Now take that pill minder out of its wrapper and fill it with Meds! Oh yeah, today is THURSDAY...and the hint is, when you take your pill, leave that days door open so you know what day you took ur last one....

LOL

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Leave the door open...
    The empty compartment is a clue too.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Now, you girls are scaring me!
    Ha-ha. I'm not used to taking any pills at all except for a vitamin or two and I constantly forget them. I'm going out today to buy the pill box (Monday-Sunday) so when I start my 5-year hormone pill I remember to take it. Thanks, I just hope I don't lose it before I need it. I'm still 2 months away or so.
  • outdoorgirl
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

Now, you girls are scaring me!
    Ha-ha. I'm not used to taking any pills at all except for a vitamin or two and I constantly forget them. I'm going out today to buy the pill box (Monday-Sunday) so when I start my 5-year hormone pill I remember to take it. Thanks, I just hope I don't lose it before I need it. I'm still 2 months away or so.

MyTurn,
    You know what-I've never had a problem with the tamox before. That was one pill that I always took religiously and knew that I'd taken it! All it took was that one late night on the computer and I was very tired and I screwed up,but yes,I really believe that part of it is chemo brain as well. Long term memory is fine for the most part-it's short term that really sucks!!
    Oh well,I guess if anything, people(like you)are running out to the store to get their pill box...My husband had brought up earlier(much earlier) me getting one,but I didn't want to be reminded that I was getting older!
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    We used to have one of those
    We used to have one of those daily pill boxes. Can't find it. I think it got lost in the move. My husband was the one using it and he would always forget to fill it when the whole thing was empty. So he stopped using it.
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

We used to have one of those
    We used to have one of those daily pill boxes. Can't find it. I think it got lost in the move. My husband was the one using it and he would always forget to fill it when the whole thing was empty. So he stopped using it.

I understand the forgetting
    I understand the forgetting to the take the pills and the taking another one by mistake thing. I have a 34 year old daughter who was concieved while I was on birth control pills. Yes, there are consequences to missing pills but that was a beautiful one. We tried to have other children and we were not blessed so that was a great side effect.
    I still forget pills. When I was taking just one type of medication I would put a single slash on each day of my calendar at the beginning of the month. Then when I took that day's pill I would make a slash across the first one making a X. It worked pretty well when I remembered to make the X. Now I just take all my meds in the morning, x the calendar and then in the evening when I take those meds I make another X. Hopefully I have two Xs each day. I agree with Pammy, wouldn't a once a month patch be nice. For me, a combo one with diabetes (2 types twice a day), cholesterol, blood pressure, arimidex, baby aspirin and the occasional Cipro. I know it's necessary but drives me nuts.
    Stef