Day 17 of Sue's Rads

Options
Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Ok, I am back! And, thanks everyone for your support and kind words. I don't know what I would do without all of you! I thank God for my oncologist turning me onto this site and finding all of you! :)

I am still not feeling great, but, my doctor said that it will just take time. I have bronchitis and am having a hard time getting over it, which he says is normal. It started with a cold, and, turned into this. I am on some new super duper antibiotics ( LOL ) so hopefully they will help me. I am not contagious, so, it isn't affecting anyone else at my rads treatments. I would never jeapordize anyone else's health! And, the rads are sapping some of my energy now, so, I am sure that isn't helping. I need to take more naps! YES, MORE NAPS! lol ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

We got there early again and I talked to the lady that has her grandfather there. She is a nurse and takes such good care of him. They are so close and it is just a joy to see them together. They really kid around and it is funny. The throat cancer lady is not coming everyday, so, I haven't seen her for a few days. She is taking chemo too, so, she doesn't take rads everyday. It is amazing the different treatments that people have. There is still that one lady too that just won't talk or even smile. I have tried by saying hi to her and smiling, but, she just won't acknowledge anything. Not for sure why....

They called me back to the express rads train! lol It took me 10 seconds to undress and put on my little top. It is funny, I never even tie it in the back, but, the cute male tech always ties it for me when I am done getting zapped. lol I am not the least bit shy anymore. Actually, I never was. lol My breast especially is getting warm to the touch. I think the whole area is actually. But, still no pinkness or burn. The techs said that probably in a week, I will see something. :(((((((( I am keeping the Biafine on it and really putting on the Aquaphor at night. So, I am staying really greased up.

Well, I hope this isn't too long for you to read. I do hope that I am helping some. And, thanks again for your sweet reply's to me. You are all so great!!!!!!!!!!!

Sue :)

Comments

• Kristin N
    Kristin N Member Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Sue ☻
    Sue, I hope that you get over your bronchitis soon. Be sure and get LOTS of rest! You need that now more than ever before.

You are doing so well with rads and it is nice to read how well you get along with the other patients. I also got quite attached to the other rads patients and still stay in touch with some of them.

Keep up the good work and continue to take good care of your skin.

Hugs, Kristin
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Sue ☻
    Sue, I hope that you get over your bronchitis soon. Be sure and get LOTS of rest! You need that now more than ever before.

You are doing so well with rads and it is nice to read how well you get along with the other patients. I also got quite attached to the other rads patients and still stay in touch with some of them.

Hugs, Kristin

Feel better
    I hope that your new antibiotics help you to get over this Sue. At least, you have lots of doctors and nurses looking over you. You will be fine.

#17! Wow, you are doing great! Just keep the creams on and a lot of them! And like everyone says, get lots of sleep. Take your naps! The effect of radiation treatments will accumulate and if you don't get enough rest now, you will just collapse later.

HUGS!
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Kristin N said:

Sue ☻

Hugs, Kristin

I have been amazed at how
    I have been amazed at how attached I am getting to everyone at the cancer center, but, they are all so nice. And, I am sort of outgoing too. lol I think I like the routine, even though, it is kind of wearing on me now.

• Ritzy
    Options

Feel better
    I hope that your new antibiotics help you to get over this Sue. At least, you have lots of doctors and nurses looking over you. You will be fine.

#17! Wow, you are doing great! Just keep the creams on and a lot of them! And like everyone says, get lots of sleep. Take your naps! The effect of radiation treatments will accumulate and if you don't get enough rest now, you will just collapse later.

HUGS!

Thanks survivor! I hope I
    Thanks survivor! I hope I get better soon too. But, they said it could take a few weeks yet. I am just impatient. I hate being sick and feeling bad!

Hugs backatcha!

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks survivor! I hope I
    Thanks survivor! I hope I get better soon too. But, they said it could take a few weeks yet. I am just impatient. I hate being sick and feeling bad!

Hugs backatcha!

Another one done today Sue!
    Another one done today Sue! Good job! You had better start getting a lot of sleep and taking those naps. Especially now that you are sick. Besides using your creams daily and nightly, you have to get a lot more rest. I am glad that you aren't burning or turning pink anywhere. But, you may by next week. Just be gentle with your skin even if you aren't.

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • DianeBC
    DianeBC Member Posts: 3,881 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

I have been amazed at how
    I have been amazed at how attached I am getting to everyone at the cancer center, but, they are all so nice. And, I am sort of outgoing too. lol I think I like the routine, even though, it is kind of wearing on me now.

You take good care of
    You take good care of yourself. Bronchitis can be very serious and lead to pneumonia. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest Sue.

I am happy to read that your rads are still going ok for you. You are an inspiration to a lot.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Options
    DianeBC said:

You take good care of
    You take good care of yourself. Bronchitis can be very serious and lead to pneumonia. Drink lots of fluids and get lots of rest Sue.

I am happy to read that your rads are still going ok for you. You are an inspiration to a lot.

Keep on truckin .. Bronchitis and all
    Inspired by you ..!!!!

VickiSam
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Sue,
    your postings do help others!
    That's neat that you are making friends at rads-I did too! For me,I looked forward to seeing those people everyday and it was something how much money that was spent because I would go out to eat somewhere with some of those friends and my friend who gave me rides just about every time after rads!
    My chemo onc is quite handsome and is very good at his job and really cares about all of us!
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Options

Sue,
    your postings do help others!
    That's neat that you are making friends at rads-I did too! For me,I looked forward to seeing those people everyday and it was something how much money that was spent because I would go out to eat somewhere with some of those friends and my friend who gave me rides just about every time after rads!
    My chemo onc is quite handsome and is very good at his job and really cares about all of us!

See how many you do help
    See how many you do help Sue! There are so many that will be starting rads that reading your postings will help them. I enjoy them myself and I just recently finished rads! I have to admit that I miss going to rads everyday. I miss the routine and the people. Take care of yourself.

Lex♥
  • Ritzy
    Options
    Alexis F said:

See how many you do help
    See how many you do help Sue! There are so many that will be starting rads that reading your postings will help them. I enjoy them myself and I just recently finished rads! I have to admit that I miss going to rads everyday. I miss the routine and the people. Take care of yourself.

Lex♥

Thanks Lex! I have heard
    Thanks Lex! I have heard others say they miss them too. I wonder if I will. Thanks for your comments.

• Ritzy
    Options
    VickiSam said:

Keep on truckin .. Bronchitis and all
    Inspired by you ..!!!!

VickiSam

Pooped :(
    Thanks Vicki! I know today is #18, but, I just am so pooped that I will have to post it tomorrow. I think this new medicine is making me tired too. Hope you all had a beautiful day today!

• Jeanne D
    Jeanne D Member Posts: 1,867
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thanks Lex! I have heard
    Thanks Lex! I have heard others say they miss them too. I wonder if I will. Thanks for your comments.

Get Well
    I hope you feel better soon Sue. Bronchitis can be dangerous, so, take good care of yourself. And, with your taking rads too, that makes it worse. Take your meds and get lots of sleep. We understand if you don't feel like posting.

Love, Jeanne ♥
  • Angie2U
    Angie2U Member Posts: 2,991
    Options
    Jeanne D said:

Get Well
    I hope you feel better soon Sue. Bronchitis can be dangerous, so, take good care of yourself. And, with your taking rads too, that makes it worse. Take your meds and get lots of sleep. We understand if you don't feel like posting.

Love, Jeanne ♥

Feel better Sue! And, keep
    Feel better Sue! And, keep posting as I will start soon!

Angie
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    sue
    glad yu are well ss you have a cold hope antibiotics are working god bless and gl luv peggy
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    Keep resting!
    Hope you are feeling better, Sue. Pammy