Is he escaping

Options
2»

Comments

• slickwilly
    slickwilly Member Posts: 334 Member
    Options

Baby Steps
    Jack is taking your advice, slickwilly, he does something small everyday, he takes care of his plants, and light his incents, He is even taking small walks with the dog to the mailbox, I sometimes worry when he gets out side and pulls the weeds,but if he feels up to I just watch to make sure he is ok, he is even getting more interested on the computer again, so I tell him remember what slickwilly says ( BABYSTEPS ) I have to learn to be patient with him when we get ready to go to the store, Im the type I just grab my purse and go now with Jack his mind wonders and it seems like it takes him for ever, to get out o the door, and it seems he wants to bring everything with him, Trachea kits, sterile water, and I tell him we are just going down the road, but I think it is like a safety net, so now I keep and emerency box of everything he might need in a bad so all we have to do is grab the bag, see we all have to retrain our selves everyday with this cancer live,

pattynonews and mr steve
    You are both doing a great job. When we have cancer we don't always see the little things that are done to make our lives a bit easier. Sometimes we don't say thank you enough or we take our pain and frustration out on the caregiver. I have had cancer and been a caregiver to many in my local area. I will admit I still don't know what part is harder. Like Jack I also have a dog and he makes me take him on two walks a day. Its not much fun when its snowing but I know that constant sitting will cause me more pain in the long run. Celebrate anything Jack can do as I know its not easy. It shows how determined he is to live life by pushing himself. Resting when its needed is ok, but some quality of life is also needed.
    Steve. Making a bath for your wife shows how thoughtful you are and its a nice thing to see in our world today. Taking a little time to think of things that can bring a person's spirits up means more than you can ever imagine. As I am on disability I make lunch for my wife and send her off to work. On Friday I drew a face on a banana and put it in her lunch. The banana was the topic of discussion the next day with my three daughters that are scattered all over the country. It was just a moment of being thoughtful and funny after 34 years of marriage and it didn't cost any money. A bird feeder outside a window is a great thing to have around. Finding old pictures with meaning and having them blown up. I dug out pics of my daughters when they were young and they are now blown up and hanging on the walls. Well I have to get outside and enjoy a few hours of sun as its going to rain all week. Have a great weekend. Slickwilly
  • pattynonews
    pattynonews Member Posts: 176
    Options

pattynonews and mr steve
    You are both doing a great job. When we have cancer we don't always see the little things that are done to make our lives a bit easier. Sometimes we don't say thank you enough or we take our pain and frustration out on the caregiver. I have had cancer and been a caregiver to many in my local area. I will admit I still don't know what part is harder. Like Jack I also have a dog and he makes me take him on two walks a day. Its not much fun when its snowing but I know that constant sitting will cause me more pain in the long run. Celebrate anything Jack can do as I know its not easy. It shows how determined he is to live life by pushing himself. Resting when its needed is ok, but some quality of life is also needed.
    Steve. Making a bath for your wife shows how thoughtful you are and its a nice thing to see in our world today. Taking a little time to think of things that can bring a person's spirits up means more than you can ever imagine. As I am on disability I make lunch for my wife and send her off to work. On Friday I drew a face on a banana and put it in her lunch. The banana was the topic of discussion the next day with my three daughters that are scattered all over the country. It was just a moment of being thoughtful and funny after 34 years of marriage and it didn't cost any money. A bird feeder outside a window is a great thing to have around. Finding old pictures with meaning and having them blown up. I dug out pics of my daughters when they were young and they are now blown up and hanging on the walls. Well I have to get outside and enjoy a few hours of sun as its going to rain all week. Have a great weekend. Slickwilly

just knowing
    You are so right slickwilly, I am so proud of Jack and I let him know that all the time, I just cant imagine the pain he is in and how he feels ( yes we all know one day we are going to go home ) but for a cancer patient, knowing you have a disease ( and in Jack case there is no cure only controlling it so it does not spread ) and not knowing from day to day how you are going to feel, it must be horrible just knowing, Jack is so good about helping on his good days, we have to keep little trash cans in everyone for Jack and he goes and empty them, might not seem alot to some people but for Jack he feels he's helping, see right now he feels a little better so he keeps his bathroom clean, walks to the mail box with the dog, and takes care of his plants and after he does all of that he is tired but that is ok he is up moving, he is even getting into a little TAI CHI he goes in the back yard, It might not seem like alot to some men someone made a comment to me wow is that all Jack does, I was so upset, the guy has cancer eating away at him gets chemo once a weeks I think he is doing pretty good, he even played the drums ( I mean whaled on them for a good 10 minutes, ) and I dont know if ya know how much energy it takes to play the drums I never did till I met Jack put it is alot of upper body strength and leg strenght. We also have a bird feeder in the back yard and Jack loves it I also take care of his 85 year old dad and he really enjoys the bird feeder, it is amazing how the little things mean the most to them,

What I find helps with Jack is that , he can not talk anymore becasue of his trachea , so he has a white board, and sometimes we will just have converstaton just writing back and forth ( I have one too ) and I think it make him feel like he is not alone in all of this, As for the pictures I started making a quilt and had all of his friends send a piece of matereil that remind them of Jack and I also printed his pictures of him and his band and put it on material and now I make a quilt of Jacks life, its pretty cool and it keeps me busy,

Thanks for all your support slickwilly