Slept great last night thanks to you all

Options
ruthielaine
ruthielaine Member Posts: 59
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Took your advice and called my Doctor to ask for something for my anxiety. He gave me adivan and I slept all through the night and feel much better today. That was a very hard phone call for me to make because I feel weak having to ask for something but your encouragement made me realize that its not weak to ask for help. Thanks so much!! The clock is ticking only 5 more days to say adios to my breasts. Its very bittersweet to say the least but I just have to look forwarding to getting 2 new "breasts" and hopefully a new lease on life! All of your courage is holding me up today. God Bless you All!!!!

Comments

• chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    I am so glad you called the
    I am so glad you called the Dr! May I offer you ( perhaps) a different slant on things? We women, because we are nurturers by nature so ofen have a difficult time asking for help. I know you put off calling the Dr for that very reason! Most of us here are just the same...but here's the slant. When YOU don't feel right about something, be it physical or emotional, and when YOU follow through and make that phone call, it is not a sign of weakness, but rather it is YOU taking control of YOUR life. I found that if I looked at things from that perspective, it put me back in the driver's seat! Our medical team can only be there for us when we also include them; as many times as they may have seen side-effects, we wouldn't want them to assume things about us. Again, making the phone call was a great move on your part...and shows strength and resolve to not just do battle with the Beast, but to come out victorious!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    I am so happy to see that
    I am so happy to see that the advice of these wonderful women on this board helped, once again! I think Chen said it perfectly, taking control of our lives. Hugs!
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options
    MyTurnNow said:

I am so happy to see that
    I am so happy to see that the advice of these wonderful women on this board helped, once again! I think Chen said it perfectly, taking control of our lives. Hugs!

I want to welcome
    you to the board. Ive been here for a while, but havent posted in a while because ive been down with chemo treatments and sleep alot!! I want you to know that asking any question here is not a dumb one. Asking for help on anything isnt either. Good luck with your surgery and you are in my prayers.

laura
  • roseann4
    roseann4 Member Posts: 992 Member
    Options
    Good for you!
    I am so proud of you for asking for the help you needed to get sleep. Lots of us feel ashamed of needing help. Your healing has already begun. I hope you will continue to ask for what you need...a hug, a ride to treatment, a night out, or advise. We will always be hear for you.

Roseann
  • GreeneyedGirl
    GreeneyedGirl Member Posts: 1,077
    Options
    roseann4 said:

Good for you!
    I am so proud of you for asking for the help you needed to get sleep. Lots of us feel ashamed of needing help. Your healing has already begun. I hope you will continue to ask for what you need...a hug, a ride to treatment, a night out, or advise. We will always be hear for you.

Roseann

I needed it too!
    the adivan that is, and always asked for it prior to a procedure or surgery. Enough to get me a good weeks worth of rest before hand. No sense going into surgery all stressed out, I feel it promoted rest and healing for me. Even took it the morning of surgery as dr. allowed me to (i asked prior).
    I will be thinking of you as the big day arrives. Take good care of yourself, and let others spoil you well.
    Melanie