About my Arimidex and draining.

JudyAS
JudyAS Member Posts: 48
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi Everyone,
The doctor has taken me off Arimidex until Oct. 19 when I go back to see him. Don't know what he will do then. Also had to go back to my oncology surgeon yesterday, after they took the drain tube out over a week ago, it had never closed up and was still bleeding, plus my chest area where I had the mastectomy was getting very very red and starting to spread up my chest and down my midrif. It hurt a little, but nothing I couldn't handle. Come to find out I have an infection under the skin. So am on a high powered antibiotic and hoping this will take care of it. The doctor drew a line all the way around the red so she can see if it starts to go down. What next, huh! I just want to get well but seems like it just keeps going. I am hoping if the infection goes away maybe the bleeding will stop. The doctor said they won't close up the hole, she wants it to drain so it won't build up under the skin. So that is where I am right now. Thanks to all those who responded to the Arimidex. It sure must be a bad drug. But as for my body, I am feeling so much better without it.
Hugs To All Judy

Comments

• MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Judy, sorry to hear about
    Judy, sorry to hear about your infection. I hope the antibiotic takes care of it and you get some relief real soon. Think of it as just a bump in the road to recovery. Take care.