Options
2»

Comments

• dmdwins
    dmdwins Member Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    betina61 said:

Sorry
    It has to be hard to know that you have to start over again,but you both are young, and God will give you the strengh to walk this journey again, I will be praying for that.

The road
    I will be sending up some extra prayers for you both. This is such a difficult road we travel.

When I was diagnosed(Stage IV) I told my daughters that the road would would be long and bumpy with lots of rocks and boulders but that God had paved the road and we needed to try to believe that what was at the end of the road was good. I believe that this is just one of those boulders in the road for you and ****.

Hang in there,
    Dawn
  • PhillieG
    PhillieG Member Posts: 4,866 Member
    Options
    Better than the alternative
    But not as good as "all clear". Sorry to hear that it popped up another node. Looking on the bright side, it seems to be caught early as far as metastasis goes and it's not in a major organ. Avastin did wonders for me when I was on it. It's amazing the amount of hard work that goes into the development of new medicine to battle cancer. It takes doing well in school, setting goals at a young age, a lot of determination, and innovative thinking. Those have been lacking in our education system for too many years. Our children need to be motivated at an early age, not just for their sake but for ours too.
    I have been on chemo for 5 1/2 years, I know the grind of it but thanks to the medicine I am here 5 1/2 years later. You will get through this, enjoy each day. One never knows what is in store for us.
    Why will **** be off work for a year, I'm just curious? Is it due to cancer/chemo or the economy?

You'll be in my thoughts
    -p