I wish you all could have been on the Island with me~

chenheart
chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I was gone for a few days, camping and enjoying a yearly reunion with 200 friends/family/Tribal members. As some of you know, Reggie and his fellow Native paddlers were honoring their ancestors and the way of life of their Tribe with the annual ocean voyage to the Island that is their original homeland. We were blessed this year to have visiting elders from two other canoe Tribes; the Puyallup Canoe Family from Washington State, and an elder from the Maori Tribe of New Zealand, called "Water Carriers" who also honor their people with canoe voyages. Both of these elders were WOMEN! Strong, compassionate, wonderful representatives of their people. It was an honor to be in their company. I do not have pictures~a lot of the ceremonies are sacred, and no photos are allowed; I am sure you understand that,and will forgive me for not posting anything!

We got back late Sunday evening~ exhausted but spiritually enriched. If only there weren't all of the washing of the clothes, camp dishes, and putting away all of the sleeping bags and tents to bring me back to Reality! LOL

To that end, let me just give a warm welcome to all of the new ones who have joined over the weekend, and into this week. I know you never wanted to find yourself needing such a place...but you have hopefully also come to know that we are loving and supportive.

To my long time friends in here who are coming and going, and dancing with NED and having reconstruction, and tests, and vacations, and treatment, and moving, and laughing, and crying...all of the things Life brings~I don't have time to read AND comment on all that has happened in even a few short days!

Know that I love you all, and will be back on a regular posting schedule soon!

Oh yeah...and I go in for my mammogram in 90 minutes~ wish me luck! Thanks! :-)

Hugs,
Chen♥

Comments

  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Of course
    I will be wishing you all the luck in the world with your mamogram Chen. Let us know when you are done. We love you too, and missed you over the weekend. It sounds like you had an amazing and spiritual time. Sounds just awesome, thanks for sharing with us.
    love and hugs, Jackie
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    It sounds like you had a
    It sounds like you had a wonderful weekend... Your experience sounds wonderful... I can picture it in my mind..I bet it must have been quite the experience...

    Welcome back... and I am thinking of you as you should be heading out the door this minute for your mamo... sending positive thoughts and knowing that soon we will receive the news that NED continues to dance with you my friend.

    ♥ & hugs,

    ~T
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    I wish I was there too!!
    It sounds so enchanting. I will be thinking about you during your Mammo....post when you get back as we will be anxious to hear what the results are (which we already know will be good. Just makes it that much more exciting when you get to say it!!).Pammy
  • lovelylola
    lovelylola Member Posts: 279
    Welcome back
    the trip sounded amazing. I will make mind pictures to go with your words. Thinking of your mammo and sending positive vibes your way. Lola
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    A wonderful experience for a
    A wonderful experience for a wonderful woman. I have just one question, where are you and NED going dancing tonight?
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Me, Too
    Chen, I also wish I had been with you. What a magnificent site and experience.

    Wishing you luck, also. May NED be with you, today and always.
  • sausageroll
    sausageroll Member Posts: 415
    Moopy23 said:

    Me, Too
    Chen, I also wish I had been with you. What a magnificent site and experience.

    Wishing you luck, also. May NED be with you, today and always.

    Good luck!
    good luck Chen. Hope all went well.
    Sounds as though you had a wonderful time.
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member

    Good luck!
    good luck Chen. Hope all went well.
    Sounds as though you had a wonderful time.

    Chen .. I am so glad you have the time of your life ..
    Same time next year ? How did the mamo go ?
  • dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    VickiSam said:

    Chen .. I am so glad you have the time of your life ..
    Same time next year ? How did the mamo go ?

    What an awesome
    What an awesome outing....wish we could all get together for some spiritual bonding on the Pacific...or Atlantic..whatever...Hope the mammo is clean as a whistle!
  • fauxma
    fauxma Member Posts: 3,577 Member
    dyaneb123 said:

    What an awesome
    What an awesome outing....wish we could all get together for some spiritual bonding on the Pacific...or Atlantic..whatever...Hope the mammo is clean as a whistle!

    Welcome back and good luck
    Welcome back and good luck on the mammo.
    Stef
  • cats_toy
    cats_toy Member Posts: 1,462 Member
    Chen
    sounds like you had a great weekend! let us know about the mammo when you can

    missed you!

    =^..^=
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    cats_toy said:

    Chen
    sounds like you had a great weekend! let us know about the mammo when you can

    missed you!

    =^..^=

    Wishing you more than just luck
    I'm crossing my fingers, holding my breathe and sending all my prayers!. Hope everything turns out well with your mammo. Post when you can.

    lots of love

    Aurora
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143
    Hi Chen,
    I'm glad you had such an amazing time on your trip. It sounds like it was glorious. You are so caring and helpful around here, I can't imagine the boards without you. Hearing of your adventures (and Kathi M's) in the early days of my diagnosis helped so much. I know your mammogram will be NED. Can't wait to hear what you're doing next weekend!

    Mimi
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    mimivac said:

    Hi Chen,
    I'm glad you had such an amazing time on your trip. It sounds like it was glorious. You are so caring and helpful around here, I can't imagine the boards without you. Hearing of your adventures (and Kathi M's) in the early days of my diagnosis helped so much. I know your mammogram will be NED. Can't wait to hear what you're doing next weekend!

    Mimi

    Funny you should ask, Mimi!
    Funny you should ask, Mimi! LOL This weekend is the Lance Armstrong 10K I am participating in! It is called the Lance Armstrong Gourmet Challenge, and it is hosted by one of our local restaurants. My "daughter-niece" who is in culinary school volunteered her day off to work in the kitchen of the restaurant while I am working up a sweat doing the 10K!

    And the weekend after that? Well, my middle sister gave up a child for adoption at birth, 31 years ago. She was adopted by a lovely lovely family, and about 5 years ago, she started a search for her birth parents. She found both of them, but for reasons of her own, my sister opted out of meeting her in person. She has met her birth dad, and she and their respective families ( birth dad and my sister are not together) have gotten together numerous times. She, her husband, her 2 daughters and her adoptive mom all live in Las Vegas. 2 years ago, when Reggie and I were going to Vegas, I thought "what the hell" and emailed her and we all met! She and I and her whole Vegas family met and we LOVED each other! We have birthdays 1 day apart, and clicked right away. We have seen each other 3 times since.
    Anyway....next Friday, Reggie is taking my "daughter-niece" and me to Las Vegas for the express purpose of having these 2 half sisters FINALLY meet in person! They are beside themselves with anticipation and I am grinning just thinking about it! They are both wonderful women, and being as I love them both, and they both love me~ I know they will love each other! LOL

    Sheesh Mimi, aren't you sorry you even asked? hahahahahaha!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    chenheart said:

    Funny you should ask, Mimi!
    Funny you should ask, Mimi! LOL This weekend is the Lance Armstrong 10K I am participating in! It is called the Lance Armstrong Gourmet Challenge, and it is hosted by one of our local restaurants. My "daughter-niece" who is in culinary school volunteered her day off to work in the kitchen of the restaurant while I am working up a sweat doing the 10K!

    And the weekend after that? Well, my middle sister gave up a child for adoption at birth, 31 years ago. She was adopted by a lovely lovely family, and about 5 years ago, she started a search for her birth parents. She found both of them, but for reasons of her own, my sister opted out of meeting her in person. She has met her birth dad, and she and their respective families ( birth dad and my sister are not together) have gotten together numerous times. She, her husband, her 2 daughters and her adoptive mom all live in Las Vegas. 2 years ago, when Reggie and I were going to Vegas, I thought "what the hell" and emailed her and we all met! She and I and her whole Vegas family met and we LOVED each other! We have birthdays 1 day apart, and clicked right away. We have seen each other 3 times since.
    Anyway....next Friday, Reggie is taking my "daughter-niece" and me to Las Vegas for the express purpose of having these 2 half sisters FINALLY meet in person! They are beside themselves with anticipation and I am grinning just thinking about it! They are both wonderful women, and being as I love them both, and they both love me~ I know they will love each other! LOL

    Sheesh Mimi, aren't you sorry you even asked? hahahahahaha!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    you are just amazing Chen
    Look at all the love and happiness you spread around. I am very proud just to know you. My daughter runs every weekend for cancer and a couple weeks ago ran a 10K fo the homeless. She trains and works out every night when she gets off work. I a so very proud of her also. I will be going to Colorado Oct. 4th for a relay for life and she has a team waiting for me. I can't wait.

    That is so cool that you and Reggie get to get these 2 half-sisters together, Of course they love you (who wouldn't) and will get the opportunity to love each other as well. I am smiling just thinking of what a beautiful reunion it will be...thanks to our amazing 50 foot sis and her HUGE HUGE heart.

    You made my day with your uplifting post, Thanks Chen!
    hugs, Jackie
  • Calleen
    Calleen Member Posts: 411
    chenheart said:

    Funny you should ask, Mimi!
    Funny you should ask, Mimi! LOL This weekend is the Lance Armstrong 10K I am participating in! It is called the Lance Armstrong Gourmet Challenge, and it is hosted by one of our local restaurants. My "daughter-niece" who is in culinary school volunteered her day off to work in the kitchen of the restaurant while I am working up a sweat doing the 10K!

    And the weekend after that? Well, my middle sister gave up a child for adoption at birth, 31 years ago. She was adopted by a lovely lovely family, and about 5 years ago, she started a search for her birth parents. She found both of them, but for reasons of her own, my sister opted out of meeting her in person. She has met her birth dad, and she and their respective families ( birth dad and my sister are not together) have gotten together numerous times. She, her husband, her 2 daughters and her adoptive mom all live in Las Vegas. 2 years ago, when Reggie and I were going to Vegas, I thought "what the hell" and emailed her and we all met! She and I and her whole Vegas family met and we LOVED each other! We have birthdays 1 day apart, and clicked right away. We have seen each other 3 times since.
    Anyway....next Friday, Reggie is taking my "daughter-niece" and me to Las Vegas for the express purpose of having these 2 half sisters FINALLY meet in person! They are beside themselves with anticipation and I am grinning just thinking about it! They are both wonderful women, and being as I love them both, and they both love me~ I know they will love each other! LOL

    Sheesh Mimi, aren't you sorry you even asked? hahahahahaha!

    Hugs,
    Chen♥

    So
    Glad your back and had such a great time!!! I live vicariously through all of you guys... I have a very very very boring life.. so When I read them I give these heavy sighs daydreaming I'm right there!!! I am so happy to read and share the adventures!!!
  • Christmas Girl
    Christmas Girl Member Posts: 3,682 Member
    Awww, Kindred Spirit...
    Once again, thanks for sharing yet another magical experience with us.

    Kind regards, 12/25