I'm confussed

Options
chickad52
chickad52 Member Posts: 497
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I'm currently taking Taxol/Herceptin chemo treatments. I have 7 more to go. One of the side effects is hair loss. Which was no problem as I lost it when I was having the A/C treatments. This morning after taking a shower I noticed in the mirror that I have peach fuzz growing on my head. Does this mean that my hair is growing back in?? Hugs, Diane

Comments

• phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Yup, I think so. My hair
    Yup, I think so. My hair started coming back in on Taxotere and I don't think Herceptin causes hairloss, so my dear.......enjoy!! It will probably come back in really curly too.

hugs
    jan
  • chickad52
    Options

Yup, I think so. My hair
    Yup, I think so. My hair started coming back in on Taxotere and I don't think Herceptin causes hairloss, so my dear.......enjoy!! It will probably come back in really curly too.

hugs
    jan

THANKS JAN
    that made my day, Yippee!! Hugs, Diane
  • tgf
    tgf Member Posts: 950 Member
    Options
    chickad52 said:

THANKS JAN
    that made my day, Yippee!! Hugs, Diane

Me too!
    I completed taxol and herceptin the end of May and my hair is finally at the point where I really believe it is coming in and STAYING in. There for awhile I was afraid anything that came in was going to fall back out ... but I'm feeling more comfortable now with the fuzz I've got. I'm still a bit too insecure to go without my denim hat ... but I'm hoping that by the end of Sept. or first partg of Oct. I can put the hat away and show off my new "do." I was hoping for thick, curly hair ... but it looks like I'm getting pretty much the same thing I had before baldness set in. Fine, gray hair. I sort of see a bit of a curl to it ... but I think it's wishful thinking :-)

Isn't it exciting to watch the new stuff appear?

hugs.
    teena
  • rjjj
    rjjj Member Posts: 1,822 Member
    Options
    Yipeee
    Your hair is growing back. Mine started out with peachfuzz then was sticking straight up on my head, now it has filled in and become thicker, looking like a short boy-cut. I have been done with chemo since the end of May and am just getting Herceptin now.
    Hugs, jackie
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Hoping...
    I'm on the same meds as you, and I noticed all around my hairline baby fuzzys. Looks funny but I'll take it. I am a chronic blonde w chronic straightness. I'm really hoping for thick, curly and would think it would be fun to be a red head! Wait and see. Good luck w ur new hair. Katz
  • Katz77
    Katz77 Member Posts: 598
    Options
    Hoping...
    I'm on the same meds as you, and I noticed all around my hairline baby fuzzys. Looks funny but I'll take it. I am a chronic blonde w chronic straightness. I'm really hoping for thick, curly and would think it would be fun to be a red head! Wait and see. Good luck w ur new hair. Katz
  • chickad52
    Options
    Katz77 said:

Hoping...

Katz
    Give us something to look forward to. It will fun to see how the hair will come back!! Hugs, Diane