LYMPHEDEMA SLEEVES AND GLOVES

RE
RE Member Posts: 4,591 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello All, just a heads up I posted a new blog last night that has photo's of the type of sleeves and gloves I wear for my lymphedema problems. It also lists a web site I thought would be helpful.

RE

Comments

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Thanks RE
    I always wondered what the sleeves look like. So far, I have not had lymphedema, but now I won't feel so intimidated if ever I do develope this condition and need to wear them. I also agree with your previous post on your blog (had to read it since it caught my eye!). Thanks for the lesson (smile). Pammy
  • RE
    Akiss4me said:

Thanks RE
    I always wondered what the sleeves look like. So far, I have not had lymphedema, but now I won't feel so intimidated if ever I do develope this condition and need to wear them. I also agree with your previous post on your blog (had to read it since it caught my eye!). Thanks for the lesson (smile). Pammy

:-)
    Thank you Pammy for reading my other blog as well, sometimes folks get a bit riled and can be so unkind when someone is only attempting to help them.

In regards to the sleeves I was reluctant to wear one when my lymphedema began, now it is not a problem because it does relieve some of the swelling and pain. By the way I love the new photo of the puppy with the heart, I once saw a horse that had one on his face....simply gorgeous.

Have a wonderful day!

RE
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Yes, thank you, RE. I am
    Yes, thank you, RE. I am going to get a compression sleeve soon and have no idea what to expect or look for. Very timely post!
  • RE
    Moopy23 said:

Yes, thank you, RE. I am
    Yes, thank you, RE. I am going to get a compression sleeve soon and have no idea what to expect or look for. Very timely post!

Glad I could help!
    They really are helpful Moopy, not only do they keep the swelling down buy they also protect your arm from scratches, burns, bug bites and such which can lead to serious infections. I don't mind wearing mine at all, sometimes folks look at me and I think it's cause I am cute.....then I remember I have the sleeve on....hee hee hee....you will find it to be helpful for sure!!! If you look at my hand in this photo you will see the hand gauntlet that protects most of my hand. I wear it when my hand swells a lot and when it hurts more than normal.

Hugs,

RE
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    RE said:

Glad I could help!
    They really are helpful Moopy, not only do they keep the swelling down buy they also protect your arm from scratches, burns, bug bites and such which can lead to serious infections. I don't mind wearing mine at all, sometimes folks look at me and I think it's cause I am cute.....then I remember I have the sleeve on....hee hee hee....you will find it to be helpful for sure!!! If you look at my hand in this photo you will see the hand gauntlet that protects most of my hand. I wear it when my hand swells a lot and when it hurts more than normal.

Hugs,

RE

You are Cute!
    Well, actually you are beautiful, RE.

I hadn't thought of the protection from burns and other things, and infection risk. Thanks for pointing out the hand gauntlet. Really, the sleeve and gauntlet do not look obtrusive at all.

Oh, by the way, nice to see you with that good-looking man again:-)