Options
2»

Comments

• dyaneb123
    dyaneb123 Member Posts: 950
    Options
    chenheart said:

It sounds that your day went
    It sounds that your day went well, but I have a question! I have only had bone density tests and MRI's with contrast mediums, so your body scan was unfamiliar to me. Especially having the injection and "promptly" taking a cab to eat and imbibe BEFORE the procedure. What is the injection, and is it generally given with a few hours inbetween it and the scan?

I think being a tech must be so hard~ all of the mammos, x-rays, MRIs, scans, etc and you just know that they know...I love it when they can bring themselves to encourage us and help us not to worry. It would seem that you had such a tech~ and that you breathed a big sigh of relief! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!

Yes, sweetie, you do get to make Life Plans, and get busy with the business of doing not just the things you have always wanted to do, but untold things you have never even thought of, but will!

HUgs,
    Chen♥

That is so awesome Mimi! I
    That is so awesome Mimi! I know it's a big relief.Yeah, I seem to remember getting to go eat between some of my body scans too when I was first diagnosed...how did that work...?
  • mimivac
    mimivac Member Posts: 2,143 Member
    Options
    chenheart said:

It sounds that your day went
    It sounds that your day went well, but I have a question! I have only had bone density tests and MRI's with contrast mediums, so your body scan was unfamiliar to me. Especially having the injection and "promptly" taking a cab to eat and imbibe BEFORE the procedure. What is the injection, and is it generally given with a few hours inbetween it and the scan?

I think being a tech must be so hard~ all of the mammos, x-rays, MRIs, scans, etc and you just know that they know...I love it when they can bring themselves to encourage us and help us not to worry. It would seem that you had such a tech~ and that you breathed a big sigh of relief! YAY YAY YAY!!!!!!

Yes, sweetie, you do get to make Life Plans, and get busy with the business of doing not just the things you have always wanted to do, but untold things you have never even thought of, but will!

HUgs,
    Chen♥

Thanks all!!
    Claudia, this was a skeletal scan of my whole body. They injected a dye first that would allow them to see the bones better. The dye takes about 2 hours to become effective, so I was told to go and have lunch in the interim. The radiation dose is equivalent to about 2 chest xrays, and the tech was in the room with me the whole time as a scanner thingy hovered above me and moved down my body. The images immediately showed up on the tech's computer screen, so he could see the bones right away. Nothing really lit up as far as he could see.

Mimi
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanks all!!
    Claudia, this was a skeletal scan of my whole body. They injected a dye first that would allow them to see the bones better. The dye takes about 2 hours to become effective, so I was told to go and have lunch in the interim. The radiation dose is equivalent to about 2 chest xrays, and the tech was in the room with me the whole time as a scanner thingy hovered above me and moved down my body. The images immediately showed up on the tech's computer screen, so he could see the bones right away. Nothing really lit up as far as he could see.

Mimi

I had the bone scan done
    I had the bone scan done too. The stuff they inject is radioactive. As I remember it. Unless I'm remembering wrong. Now I'm doubting myself. Anyway, Mimi, did you get a chance to look at the screen? It's really cool. You look like a skeleton. If you have arthitus that shows up too. I had one done before treatment for diagnosing and one done after treatment when I had hip problems. I glanced over after when I was getting off the table. I know this shouldn't amaze me but how often do you get to see your own!
  • Bella Luna
    Bella Luna Member Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanks all!!

Mimi

Congratulations!
    Mimi,

I wanted to celebrate your good news, too! Am glad things turned out well for you. What a relief. Here is to life and to more Bloody Mary's! Best of luck!

Bella Luna
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    Options
    mimivac said:

Thanks all!!

Mimi

Thanks for the explanation
    Thanks for the explanation Mimi! Evidently this is something my Drs never did order for me! I am so happy nothing "lit up" significantly, tho I find that extemely hard to believe. I dare say EVERYONE in here knows you are deLIGHTful and one of our Brightest Stars! So there!

Hugs,
    Chen♥
  • mimivac
    Options
    chenheart said:

Thanks for the explanation
    Thanks for the explanation Mimi! Evidently this is something my Drs never did order for me! I am so happy nothing "lit up" significantly, tho I find that extemely hard to believe. I dare say EVERYONE in here knows you are deLIGHTful and one of our Brightest Stars! So there!

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Ha ha!
    Thanks, Claudia. Actually, my bladder lit up! The tech said, "looks like your bladder is filling up again." Ewww. I guess it was all the bloody marys!
  • Jadie
    Jadie Member Posts: 723
    Options
    mimivac said:

Ha ha!
    Thanks, Claudia. Actually, my bladder lit up! The tech said, "looks like your bladder is filling up again." Ewww. I guess it was all the bloody marys!

Hi Mimi
    So glad to hear your good news. Sending a cyber hug your way.

Jadie
  • mimivac
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I had the bone scan done
    I had the bone scan done too. The stuff they inject is radioactive. As I remember it. Unless I'm remembering wrong. Now I'm doubting myself. Anyway, Mimi, did you get a chance to look at the screen? It's really cool. You look like a skeleton. If you have arthitus that shows up too. I had one done before treatment for diagnosing and one done after treatment when I had hip problems. I glanced over after when I was getting off the table. I know this shouldn't amaze me but how often do you get to see your own!

Marcia, you're right
    The dye is radioactive. I did turn my head and look at the screen and later the tech let me see my whole skeleton. It is pretty cool!
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    chenheart said:

New Math!
    Lynn~
    Your 3 Bloody Mary's=1 xanax reminds me of something my Dad once wrote:

"2 Pints makes one Cavort!"

He was just so darned clever, wasn't he???

Hugs,
    Chen♥

Made me laugh...

Made me laugh...