LOOK GOOD FEEL BETTER

Options
chickad52
chickad52 Member Posts: 497
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Not sure if this question has been posted lately, but has anyone been to the "Look Good, Feel Better" program at the ACS. Did you like it? Both time I was suppose to go it got cancelled. Hugs, Diane

Comments

• elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    mine is tonight so I will
    mine is tonight so I will let you know!
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Yes.......
    I attended one in July.....I read where the one you signed up for had been cancelled....that's a shame....I have to say, I enjoyed it, there were probably 20 plus women there, you can take a friend or family member, although they will not get the "goodie bag." Our instructor was supposed to have an assistant but she never showed up. She told us that it is all volunteer and it's hard to get the volunteers to show ......again, what a shame. The "goodie bag" contained many cosmetics from different companies, so everyone has something a bit different......honestly, I think the products are ones that did not sell well. But it is worth going......they give tips on eyelashes or the lack of, wigs and scarves. It lasted a good two hours......I think it was well worth my time!
    I hope you get to go.
    Nancy
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    look good
    i went and i love it
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    I went
    I had a blast! We had 3 instructors (all owned beauty shops) and they were hysterical. We had a super good time. They fed us juice and cookies and talked and showed us how to use the make-up (which was all colors I would use in my kit!) and we played with wigs and learned how to make a turban from a man's t-shirt!! There was about 8 of us and two had their husbands with them. They even had fun! I think everyone should go. I received great products I would never had tried otherwise. I hope the third time is a charm and you get to go, Diane! Pammy
  • chickad52
    Options
    Thanks
    everyone the next one is Wed. night so I hope it is still on. Hugs, Diane
  • e_hope
    e_hope Member Posts: 370
    Options
    I went... it was nice and
    I went... it was nice and you get some awesome stuff...
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    Options
    My class was cancelled :(

My class was cancelled :(
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Options
    Went today
    I went to this class today and it was FUN!

There were seven women and a few daughters. I really liked the tips on keeping your skin hydrated and the makeup was fun. I hope all of you who want to attend one of these can do so at some point. It is worth the time. A few of the woman (who have already lost their hair) ended up smiling at the end of the session - they were beautiful! (and it wasn't because of the makeup - it was because they felt better).

You should see me - I look HOT! (just kidding) I have on eye shadow, mascara, lip liner and sparkly lip gloss.

There was a lot of information on wigs, scarves and hats and they handed out the TLC catalog of products. I would recommend this class to anyone who is going through treatment - it is a nice break from doctor appointments.
  • chickad52
    Options
    IT WAS SO WORTH IT
    I went last night and it was so much fun. I got alot of great tips and a wonderful bag full of make-up goodies. If any of you get a chance, it's worth your time to go. Hugs, Diane
  • sophy
    sophy Member Posts: 22
    Options
    look good feel better
    hi diane, yes i went and am so glad i did, went before my hair loss, learned a lot and met so many nice people, that was the day I knew i was not alone. ...jean
  • chickad52
    Options
    sophy said:

look good feel better
    hi diane, yes i went and am so glad i did, went before my hair loss, learned a lot and met so many nice people, that was the day I knew i was not alone. ...jean

Terrific
    I'm glad you enjoyed it. I did also!! And yes, you and I are not alone!! Hugs, Diane