Finally found a picture I wanted

lovelylola
lovelylola Member Posts: 279
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I've been looking at pictures to go with my name and was just not happy with anything I had. While I will eventually put up "real" pictures of myself, I don't have any since I lost 50 lbs. Need to get a few taken.
But I found this pic. Rosie the Riveter (that's who this was to represent if I'm not mistaken)was an early icon to me on strong women. And yes - We Can Do It and are doing it everyday we kick the butt of this thing called breast cancer. So, for the time being, this is who I will be.
Hope everyone had a great, restful, peaceful, fun, or sexy (had to put that in) weekend and are ready to start the week out. Mine was great. To all with tests this week, results coming back or more treatment, you all are in my prayers. Kick butt this week. Lola

Comments

• VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    Lola .. I love the picture and history behine Rosie
    How did you lost the 50 lbs .. due to chemo? Sorry 4 asking.

I am a little fluffy, and find the food does not excite me .. during chemo. Trying to keep up my health .. everything taste the same ...can't eat peppers, or onions .. heartburn flare ups.

VickiSam
  • chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Lola
    What a great picture. I love it!!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    I love it!!
    And, yes WE can do it!!
  • elm3544
    elm3544 Member Posts: 748
    I like Rosie, too! Can't
    I like Rosie, too! Can't wait to see your pictures once you post them!
  • lovelylola
    VickiSam said:

Lola .. I love the picture and history behine Rosie
    How did you lost the 50 lbs .. due to chemo? Sorry 4 asking.

I am a little fluffy, and find the food does not excite me .. during chemo. Trying to keep up my health .. everything taste the same ...can't eat peppers, or onions .. heartburn flare ups.

VickiSam

Actually the weight loss was
    Actually the weight loss was intentional before BC (I didn't want to enter my 60's weighing over 200 LBS!!) But I bless the weight loss because I don't think I would have found the lump. I used to joke that the first place I would lose weight is in my boobs (Tee Hee) Boy, am I glad that was the case this time. Looked down one day and noticed the left one didn't look the same. Felt the lump, waited a week to see if it was just hormonal (don't know why I would think that since I had everything taken in a hysterectomy 20 years ago, but was wishful thinking or denial) Went to the doctor and began the journey of surviving.
    The weight lose was due to just a change in eating. It's amazing what you can do without gimmicks and chemicals when you just decide to eat right - lean meats, poultry, fish, less oils, more veggies and fruits and cutting out chips, fries, ice cream (all the good stuff and mayo (which was harder than the ice cream. I would have a once in awhile splurge on a good burger with a few fries (no catsup) but I never felt deprived. The change in eating habits will do me well on the rest of this journey. But it did do a steady loss of 2 lbs per week for the first 40.
    I have about 16 lbs to go for my goal and birthdate in late Oct. Depending on the types of treatment and the fact I've cheated some and lost the lbs of 2 breasts, I just may make it.
    WEIGHT LOSS and EATNG RIGHT was a good thing!!
  • Wolfi
    Wolfi Member Posts: 425
    Rosie
    Lola,

I also love this Rosie picture. It is a very powerful picture and I always smile whenever I see it. A woman at work has this poster in her cubicle.

Congrats on your weight loss! I have started my own weight loss program and so far I have lost two breasts and six pounds. Sorry if I offend anyone with that - I think it's funny, but my husband doesn't share my sense of humor.

Seriously, I am really trying to focus on becoming more healthy. I have increased my fruit and veggie intake quite a bit since I've been at home but still have to work on the exercise part of it. I also could stand to lose 40-50 pounds, but know that it took a while to gain it and it won't come off overnight. Good luck on reaching your goal weight by your birthday.
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Wolfi said:

Rosie
    Lola,

I also love this Rosie picture. It is a very powerful picture and I always smile whenever I see it. A woman at work has this poster in her cubicle.

Congrats on your weight loss! I have started my own weight loss program and so far I have lost two breasts and six pounds. Sorry if I offend anyone with that - I think it's funny, but my husband doesn't share my sense of humor.

Seriously, I am really trying to focus on becoming more healthy. I have increased my fruit and veggie intake quite a bit since I've been at home but still have to work on the exercise part of it. I also could stand to lose 40-50 pounds, but know that it took a while to gain it and it won't come off overnight. Good luck on reaching your goal weight by your birthday.

I absolutely Love your avitar
    I saw it on another post you made and it caught me eye right away..............

love it!!!!!!!!!!

Aurora
  • lovelylola
    Wolfi said:

Rosie
    Lola,

Wolfi - I'd be happy with 6 pounds
    I'd be happy with 6 pounds and you have to find humor where you can in this. I got home and believe it or not the first thing I wanted to do was weigh myself. Of course, it wasn't when I normally weigh in (first thing in the morning, buck nak'd as my grandma used to say) so it can't be counted as "official" and shoots only lost 3 pounds. Mine should have been at least 4-5 each. So will try again tomorrow AM officially - then see where the rubber meets the road. Of course, the last 2 days in Honolulu I ate like a pig and it wasn't the healthy stuff, just the good stuff. What the hey! a girl's got to treat herself after all.
    And no it won't come off overnight. Be prepared for a few plateaus, but it will come off. Good luck with it. I'd be happy to keep up with you on this. Having someone encouraging you is a good motivator (oops! that's what this site is for anyway!) Wishing you the best, Lola