having chemo before surgery dont know wat to expec!

newandscared
newandscared Member Posts: 4
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
im having chemo before surgery wat can i expect?.....help

Comments

• outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    new,
    There are a lot of posts on here about chemo,side effects,and what to expect-skim through them if you havn't already! What kind of drugs is your oncologist going to give you?
    I bet you are scared-I was as well when I was diagnosed and before my first chemo treatment!
    There are plenty of us on here who have worn the shoes that you are about to walk in,and they are sure to respond to your post as well! You are not alone!
    Love,
    Patty
  • meena1
    meena1 Member Posts: 1,003
    I was diagnosed last July
    I was diagnosed last July with Inflammatory breast cancer. I also had chemo before surgery, Oh, there is so much to say. Your oncologist should be able to give you a lot of information, they also gave me a book read. I know you are scared, I was so terrified! But I made it through, and you will too. Fatigue is a common side effect of Chemo, so try to rest when you need it. Drink lots of water and eat simple meals. Also, take walks during chemo to keep your strength. I did not get nauseous during chemo, but if you do there is medication they can give you. You will also lose all your hair, i also lost my eyebrows and eyelashes. And you will also lose your body hair too. I wish you the best of luck in your journey and I will keep you in my prayers.