Surgery Went Well

lovelylola
lovelylola Member Posts: 279
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hello my BC sisters. Surgery was yesterday and sentinel node biopsy says it's not there!!! Thanks for all your thoughts and prayers. My doc, of course, is sending all samples out to determine if the next step is chemo or not. While I'm sore, it's not as bad as I thought it would be. No visible bruising yet, drains working fine. Course it was strange to look down and see a flat chest for the first time since I was 11.
I'm out of the hospital, recouping in a hotel until Monday when we head back to the Big Island. I hope to keep up with you gals/guys over the weekend but may be difficult as we are "pirating" off a signal at our hotel.
I'll try to send out an update on how I'm feeling tomorrow. I'll check in with what everyone is saying before I get bumped off. I really like reading how everyone is doing. Take care - God is Good!! Lola

Comments

• mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    HI Lola
    Sounds like all went well. My surgeon told me that if the sentinel node was negative for cancer that I would not need chemo so maybe you will luck out...mine however was postive, but the other 21 nodes were negative but chemo is what i am doing.

REmember to rest and pamper yourself for now so you heal well..eats lots of protein.

Hugs
    Linda T
  • jnl
    jnl Member Posts: 3,869 Member
    Glad your surgery is over
    Glad your surgery is over now and that your node was clean! That is great news Lola!

You just rest, relax and recuperate now!

Leeza
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    jnl said:

Glad your surgery is over
    Glad your surgery is over now and that your node was clean! That is great news Lola!

You just rest, relax and recuperate now!

Leeza

You Sound Great!
    I'm really glad to hear all went well, now take care of your self and rest and eat good!

God Bless You,

Aurora

P.S. Really good news about the nodes!
  • Reikigemgirl
    Reikigemgirl Member Posts: 278
    Glad you are feeling good.....
    and are you in Hawaii? You referenced The Big Island. My fiance is from Oahu so it made me think of it. Rest up before your trip back home.

Love and Light,
    Vicki
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member

Glad you are feeling good.....
    and are you in Hawaii? You referenced The Big Island. My fiance is from Oahu so it made me think of it. Rest up before your trip back home.

Love and Light,
    Vicki

Hi! So glad that your
    Hi! So glad that your surgery is over now. You recuperate and keep us updated!