Options
13»

Comments

• Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Tests
    Yes, I believe when im done with this, Im getting that tattooed.."one day at a time"...I say it so much now but I truly believe it. As far as tests...had em all girlfriend. Yes, I had the MUGA..its no biggie. One of the easier ones. Breast MRI sucks...nothing like dangling your boobs through two holes while you rest your head on a piece of foam while listening to nuclear sirens go off in your ears for an hour. Like that isnt bad enough, you have to remain completely still...seriously, its 2009. Cant we come up with something better?
    It is good your doc is doin all these tests..better safe then sorry. It is never wrecking getting all the results. Mine were all clean...so I am thankful. Also GOOD NEWS..my tumor has already shrunk since first treatment. I am gonna kick this cancers butt for sure...I just know it. Besides, I dont have a choice...I need to be around to embarrass my son through his high school years. Isnt that what parents do? Im really gonna get him when my hair falls out and I ride up to his school on my harley, bald!!
    I dont know how to send private message...Ill figure it out. Might take me a while since brain is at about 50% right now, LOL..Take care

Well then...
    Keep saying it to yourself every morning when you start your day. I'm going to put it on my desk so it's in my face all day. That would be a great tattoo, a constant reminder-a positive one! Not of the cancer. Like who could forget?
    The Muga wasn't so easy for me. The vein in my arm is now becoming sore,(ok, I know...see why the port is so much easier! go ahead say it!) and when I laid down on the "comfy" table, I kept coughing while I was suppose to stay still,I know this too-I need to quit smoking! I'm not having a boob MRI, it's for my liver, but glad I'm not now that you put it like that! Hopefully they don't have to stick me again tomorrow cuz' if they do, I'm going to insist on putting it in my hand. My arm can't take much more.
    Yes,the doc is test happy, but I just don't understand why they can't figure out what it is, or how each test is so different in the results. Maybe that didn't come out right-what will this MRI show that the other 2 haven't I guess is my ? I will ask tomorrow.
    That's fan-freakin'tastic news about the shrinkage!YEAH!How do you know? Is there a way for the doc to know before surgery? Of course you will! And if embarrasing your son is what will keep ya going then go with it! Ok, here's an idea-Harley,Bozo Wig,large fuzzy slippers & of course overalls,and don't forget the bright red lipstick! I gotta tell you this. My daughter & her friend were constantly missing the bus in middle-school,so I warned them that if it continued,I would embarrass them. Well, the day came. Yes,I broke out the infamous rainbow clown wig, had bright red lips in a big pink fuzzy robe, pulled up to the school,and while they hoped no one would notice as they were walking away, I honked, yelled out their names and said: "bye,I love you, have a good day! All I had to say from then on if they were running late was do I need to take you? (NO!)Worked for me! :-)50% brain function!? What are you going to do next week?!
    Hugz,
    Cathy
  • TxLady
    TxLady Member Posts: 37
    Options
    Hi Sam!
    I am currently on Taxol - next to last treatment tomorrow and then the 12th and final Taxol drip next Friday. No really bad side effects but fatigue did build up for me after several treatments. Once I finish with Taxol, I will have 4 treatments of FAC over 3 months. I'll just have to wait and see how that turns out.
  • KorynH
    KorynH Member Posts: 13
    Options
    I had the same chemo drugs you did
    Congratulations on one treatment down! Hooray! I had Taxotere, Carbo and Herceptin which i started Dec. 29, 2008 and ended the first tow April 15 and am still on Herceptin. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. By the way my worst effects set in 48 hours following every treatment.
    KorynH
  • KorynH
    KorynH Member Posts: 13
    Options
    Sam726 said:

HI Mlmjt1
    Herceptin, taxotere and carboplatin..just tired and weak today with headaches. Im sure theres more to come and I'm ready!! Trying to stay positive and take it day to day.

I had the same chemo drugs as you did
    Feel free to meeage me with your questions. My effects always set in around 48 hours later. I am still on Herceptin and have had a drippy nose for the last 9 months on that. Fortunately it isn't a drippy BLOODY nose anymore! You can e-mail me at motherspreciousgems@comcast.net if you'd like to.
    Best wishes for a good day!
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    KorynH said:

I had the same chemo drugs you did
    Congratulations on one treatment down! Hooray! I had Taxotere, Carbo and Herceptin which i started Dec. 29, 2008 and ended the first tow April 15 and am still on Herceptin. Feel free to message me if you have any questions. By the way my worst effects set in 48 hours following every treatment.
    KorynH

Hi KorynH
    Thanks Koryn...I am so happy you are doing well. Yes, it has been about 9 days since first treatment and I feel fantastic! I did find that my few side effects were just a few days after treatment...they are slowly turning to nothing. I feel very fortunate....Did you lose your hair?
  • Sam726
    Sam726 Member Posts: 233
    Options
    Cat64 said:

Well then...
    Keep saying it to yourself every morning when you start your day. I'm going to put it on my desk so it's in my face all day. That would be a great tattoo, a constant reminder-a positive one! Not of the cancer. Like who could forget?
    The Muga wasn't so easy for me. The vein in my arm is now becoming sore,(ok, I know...see why the port is so much easier! go ahead say it!) and when I laid down on the "comfy" table, I kept coughing while I was suppose to stay still,I know this too-I need to quit smoking! I'm not having a boob MRI, it's for my liver, but glad I'm not now that you put it like that! Hopefully they don't have to stick me again tomorrow cuz' if they do, I'm going to insist on putting it in my hand. My arm can't take much more.
    Yes,the doc is test happy, but I just don't understand why they can't figure out what it is, or how each test is so different in the results. Maybe that didn't come out right-what will this MRI show that the other 2 haven't I guess is my ? I will ask tomorrow.
    That's fan-freakin'tastic news about the shrinkage!YEAH!How do you know? Is there a way for the doc to know before surgery? Of course you will! And if embarrasing your son is what will keep ya going then go with it! Ok, here's an idea-Harley,Bozo Wig,large fuzzy slippers & of course overalls,and don't forget the bright red lipstick! I gotta tell you this. My daughter & her friend were constantly missing the bus in middle-school,so I warned them that if it continued,I would embarrass them. Well, the day came. Yes,I broke out the infamous rainbow clown wig, had bright red lips in a big pink fuzzy robe, pulled up to the school,and while they hoped no one would notice as they were walking away, I honked, yelled out their names and said: "bye,I love you, have a good day! All I had to say from then on if they were running late was do I need to take you? (NO!)Worked for me! :-)50% brain function!? What are you going to do next week?!
    Hugz,
    Cathy

Shrinkage
    Well....I can feel it and its much smaller. Doc said that is a definite probability so this gives me something to celebrate.
    As far as the weeks to come before chemo..Im gonna live it up. I feel great and Im not stopping my life for chemo. I cant do that..Ive always been a go go go kind of person. Actually...Im riding my Harley on Saturday. Take that cancer!!!!!! You arent stopping me.

Keep in touch
  • padee6339
    padee6339 Member Posts: 763
    Options
    Hi Sam
    I'm glad you are starting your treatments. I did not have Herceptin, but I did the taxotere/carboplaten cocktail. I started chemo last November and finished 6 rounds in early March. I never got really sick from it, but right after the last one I did get sick just for a day. My hair started to fall out within 2 weeks of the first treatment, so I had it shaved. Not that great going into the winter, but it had to be done. I can only wish for you what my experience was, and that was just a little tiredness the first few days after a treatment and no upchucking! LOL. Stay strong! And listen to the ladies here, they are so knowledgeable and caring.
    Pat
  • Cat64
    Cat64 Member Posts: 1,192
    Options
    Sam726 said:

Shrinkage
    Well....I can feel it and its much smaller. Doc said that is a definite probability so this gives me something to celebrate.
    As far as the weeks to come before chemo..Im gonna live it up. I feel great and Im not stopping my life for chemo. I cant do that..Ive always been a go go go kind of person. Actually...Im riding my Harley on Saturday. Take that cancer!!!!!! You arent stopping me.

Keep in touch

Excellent!
    That is really good news! I'm so happy for you! Hope mine does the same. Ok, I'm confused. You said the weeks to come b/4 chemo?. How are you doing it? My onc. said 3/2. So, I figured it was 3wks,1off,then 3more. Your not doing it every week? I was being sarcastic in saying that if your brain was already 1/2 gone on the first one, then what would you do if you lost the other 1/2 on the second?!(joke) We should definetely live our lives and not let the cancer be in control of it. Outside of all the crap we have to go through to get to recovery, it's all pretty much the same! Only now with a whole new outlook. I love Harleys! My brother just bought a new one. I told my other 1/2 a few weeks ago I wondered if we could rent one somewhere so we could just spend a day riding. I love the wind blowing on my face! Have a great ride! You go girl!:-)
    Cathy