My heart goes out to all of you touch in one way or another!

Options
lizr412
lizr412 Member Posts: 7
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Hi- I am Liz, my sister was diagnosed in May 06 (she is only 46) with Breast Cancer I know it is Stage III or at this point Stage IV. It has not affected her organs as of yet, however it has broken ribs and she has brittle bones. In the last 2 months it seems she is going in and out of hospital more frequently then in the past, and this makes me a nervous wreck. However I can not even come close to what she must be going through. I am just amazed by reading this messages that have been posted. With the many women who have been diagnosed in the last month or less and yet are able to post discusses regarding their diagnoses in great detail.... its amazing what we learn when it is forced upon us. My hat is off to all of you fighting the good fight, and always...my prayers go out to each and every one of you.

Thank you...
Liz

Comments

• chickad52
    chickad52 Member Posts: 497
    Options
    LIZ
    Thank you for your prayers,I hope that your sisters dx goes well for her. Sorry that she has to go through this terrible disease. I found that the people on this site are so brave and are such fighters, that it gives me the strengh that I need. They are such wise and knowledgeable people , so keep us posted and we are here to help with any question you may have. Hugs and prayers, Diane
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Thanks Liz
    for your kind words and your prayers and I hope the best for your sister! Keep us posted on her and let her know that this board is available for her if she wants,please!
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    Liz, thank you for your kind
    Liz, thank you for your kind words. There is always someone here to answer any questions or provide a shoulder to cry on. Perhaps it would benefit your sister to join in and share her feelings and/or fears. This is an amazing newtork of caring, supportive and knowledgeable individuals. Take care.
  • tjhay
    tjhay Member Posts: 655
    Options
    Liz please know that you and
    Liz please know that you and your sister, and your family are in out prayers and thoughts. You are part of our family here now. We will be more then happy to give you as much support as possible. Please do let your sis know that e are here for her as well as you, and anyone else in your family that needs us. Also for yourself may I suggest that you check out the caregivers board also. They may be able to help you in a unique way that we are not, do to there being in your position, and possibly may be able to advise you from the caretaker possition.
    tj
  • lizr412
    Options
    Thank you !!!
    I just wanted to Thank you all of you for all the kinds words and support. I will certainly check out the caregivers board as well. With everything everyone has going on it is very nice of you all to stop and send prayers, warm wishes and hugs.

thank you thank you thank you and my prayers are with all of you as well....

Liz
  • ladybug22
    ladybug22 Member Posts: 646
    Options
    Liz
    hang in there with your sister. hugs to you and her .
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Options
    Hi Liz
    Just wanted to say hi and to let you know that this is truly the most supportive group of women I have ever seen...If you or your sister need anything, please post. Please dont go this alone, its just too hard. No matter how much support your family and friends are, they wont connect the same way that we all do.

Hugs to you both
    Linda T
  • lizr412
    Options
    chickad52 said:

LIZ
    Thank you for your prayers,I hope that your sisters dx goes well for her. Sorry that she has to go through this terrible disease. I found that the people on this site are so brave and are such fighters, that it gives me the strengh that I need. They are such wise and knowledgeable people , so keep us posted and we are here to help with any question you may have. Hugs and prayers, Diane

hello again...
    I posted a blog last week regarding my sister she is only 46 and has been fighting breast cancer (she is in stage 4) for 3 years and 4 months. My family has just been told that it has spread to her brain. At this point what is the survival rate I know everyone is different with a different life. But any reassurance is better then none.
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Options
    lizr412 said:

hello again...
    I posted a blog last week regarding my sister she is only 46 and has been fighting breast cancer (she is in stage 4) for 3 years and 4 months. My family has just been told that it has spread to her brain. At this point what is the survival rate I know everyone is different with a different life. But any reassurance is better then none.

I'm so sorry.
    I am so sorry for your news. I can't answer your question but wanted you to know that you and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. I hope that someone with more experience than me will come on soon to provide you some insight. Take care.