Options
2»

Comments

• thank you
    thank you Member Posts: 77
    Options
    t30tn said:

UPDATE
    Still can' find a doctor and nw I'm having hot flashes and nausea all day and night. Both ovaries are hurting me now and the bleeding is worse. I told my husband last night I think I'm dying he said for not to think that way, he called back to the er and talked to the doctor they told him not to bring me back down there cause they can't help me I need a regular doctor they said.

t30tn
    Please try to get admitted to a hospital - one that has residents, not a private hospital. You can go and insist that you have a lot of pain, and you can not tolerate po medications at home. I have seen people admitted in the hospitals for nothing - just pain management. If this is how the system works, take advantage of what they can offer to you. Just tell them that you hurt very much. Refuse to go home if they send you. If you manage to be admitted, then you can talk to a social worker there. If you are already in the hospital they will call GYN-ONC to see you. Be a nasty patient: I DON'T GO HOME, I AM HURTING.... I WAN'T TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL. Your problem is not acute - that means that you don't need hospitalization for that, but go and insist that you have an acute issue: pain, not responding to oral medications.
  • t30tn
    t30tn Member Posts: 12
    Options
    thank you said:

t30tn
    Please try to get admitted to a hospital - one that has residents, not a private hospital. You can go and insist that you have a lot of pain, and you can not tolerate po medications at home. I have seen people admitted in the hospitals for nothing - just pain management. If this is how the system works, take advantage of what they can offer to you. Just tell them that you hurt very much. Refuse to go home if they send you. If you manage to be admitted, then you can talk to a social worker there. If you are already in the hospital they will call GYN-ONC to see you. Be a nasty patient: I DON'T GO HOME, I AM HURTING.... I WAN'T TO STAY IN THE HOSPITAL. Your problem is not acute - that means that you don't need hospitalization for that, but go and insist that you have an acute issue: pain, not responding to oral medications.

Thank you everyone
    I would like to thank everyone here for being so nice to me, its hard to find people like every one here and the doctors at our local hospital is so nasty to me. I dont know whats happening to this world any more and I try to handle the pain every day, plus be a good wife and mother. I just emails to all our local news channels to let them know how our local hospital treated me and whats going on with me, I hope they can help. My children miss school just to help my husband take care of me and thats not rite at all, my 9 year old daughter helps change my clothes and makes sure I dont fall in the shower, my 13 year old son cooks and cleans and makes sure I take the pain meds on time this is so crazy what we are going through. Thank you all so very much for taking time to listen to me whine.
  • bluerose
    bluerose Member Posts: 1,104
    Options
    t30tn said:

Thank you everyone
    I would like to thank everyone here for being so nice to me, its hard to find people like every one here and the doctors at our local hospital is so nasty to me. I dont know whats happening to this world any more and I try to handle the pain every day, plus be a good wife and mother. I just emails to all our local news channels to let them know how our local hospital treated me and whats going on with me, I hope they can help. My children miss school just to help my husband take care of me and thats not rite at all, my 9 year old daughter helps change my clothes and makes sure I dont fall in the shower, my 13 year old son cooks and cleans and makes sure I take the pain meds on time this is so crazy what we are going through. Thank you all so very much for taking time to listen to me whine.

GET THE MEDIA INVOLVED
    I live in Canada and have been in a similar state as you, but not one so dire YET, and can feel your pain and frustration with all that you are going through. In your case though I can't believe that the last ER found all those things out about your condition, said you could die and SENT YOU HOME? You or your husband or friends need to bring this to the media for help. Going to a politician is a good idea too but take a camera crew with you to his/her office. If you can't get seen in a hospital in your condition who can? You may feel too weak to get involved with media but your husband or family or friends can do it for you and let me tell you that when the media gets involved usually action follows. I was with the media for several years and this is a story they will jump on.

Ridiculous you might have to go to this extent to get help but it's your life and you need actton YESTERDAY. Disgusting. Send an urgent email to the Whitehouse and let them know what you are going to do as no one else will help. Don't send it to the general mailbox try and get an email address closer to Obama if you can but contact your local media first and get them on the story. With health care the big issue right now there is no way the media will ignore you.

Keep us posted. Blessings, Bluerose
  • t30tn
    t30tn Member Posts: 12
    Options
    bluerose said:

GET THE MEDIA INVOLVED
    I live in Canada and have been in a similar state as you, but not one so dire YET, and can feel your pain and frustration with all that you are going through. In your case though I can't believe that the last ER found all those things out about your condition, said you could die and SENT YOU HOME? You or your husband or friends need to bring this to the media for help. Going to a politician is a good idea too but take a camera crew with you to his/her office. If you can't get seen in a hospital in your condition who can? You may feel too weak to get involved with media but your husband or family or friends can do it for you and let me tell you that when the media gets involved usually action follows. I was with the media for several years and this is a story they will jump on.

Ridiculous you might have to go to this extent to get help but it's your life and you need actton YESTERDAY. Disgusting. Send an urgent email to the Whitehouse and let them know what you are going to do as no one else will help. Don't send it to the general mailbox try and get an email address closer to Obama if you can but contact your local media first and get them on the story. With health care the big issue right now there is no way the media will ignore you.

Keep us posted. Blessings, Bluerose

I took your advice
    I just emailed all our local news channles and our goverment officals even the president lets hope someone reaches out!!!!
  • airandfire321
    airandfire321 Member Posts: 4
    Options
    Unbelievable
    It's unbelievable that this could happen to you in this day and age. It may sound crazy, but I would try to contact Oprah, or The Doctors TV shows. They have the money and resources to intervene and your story would unfortunately make great TV. Anything is worth a try. Other than that, I don't know where you live, but I would go to California. I don't think you would be denied medical care here, but I don't know for sure. God bless you and take care of you.
  • kathryn1
    kathryn1 Member Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    Hi,
    I found a page with assistance programs on the National Cancer Institute web site.
    This is the link http://www.cancer.gov/cancertopics/factsheet/support/financial-assistance
    I hope it helps.
    How are you doing?
    Kathryn
  • ilovemysister
    ilovemysister Member Posts: 3
    Options
    I hope you found help
    I am new here and i just posted about my sister situation, Severe abnominal pain and went to the ER 6x before they took her. She had medicaid and they still kept sending her home, I called up the NY State medicaids fraud investigation unit. That is how i got her to be put in the hospital. They kept sending her home saying it was constipation, They opened her up and she has ovarian cancer and they took everything out and there is cancer the doctor couldnt get out around pelvis area. I am pissed off she suffered 3 months in PAIN!!!!! After i switch her out of this hospital i am not dont with these people. I would suggest you contact the agency for health care adminitration and put a complaint in. They liscense these hospitals. Trust me they dont want them crawling up there butts. I really pray you find the help you need if you would like tell me your area and i will try and help find numbers.
  • ilovemysister
    ilovemysister Member Posts: 3
    Options
    TRY THIS
    Commissioner's Office
    400 Deaderick Street, 15th Floor
    Nashville, TN 37243-1403
    Phone: (615) 313-4700
    Fax: (615)741-4165
    E-mail DHS

TELL THEM YOU ARE IN PAIN AND NO ONE WILL LISTEN.

TRY THIS ALSO
    WWW.TENNHELP.COM