Aromasin

Options
jcsayles
jcsayles Member Posts: 9
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
Breast-metastic to bone 3/99 - 12/99 Tamoxifen to femara and now with markers going up Aromasin. Anyone have any feedback on this drug? Three days into it and not feeling the greatest, none of the others effected me this one seems to be. Would appreciate any feedback...Thanks jcs

Comments

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Welcome jcs
    Hi and welcome. I haven't been on Aromasin or Tamox. But, I wanted to say hi. Someone will post with info for you!

♥ Noel
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    I was on Aromasin for 2 1/2
    I was on Aromasin for 2 1/2 years. I started having hand rashes and foot sores so the onc took me off to see if it was causing it. It wasn't. I've still got the hand rashes and they have improved after seeing a dermatologist but she said they might continue to come back from time to time. I've been off all meds for two years now. I stopped taking it because it made my body a furnace. I do not have metastic to the bone however. I was stage 3a.
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

I was on Aromasin for 2 1/2 years. I started having hand rashes and foot sores so the onc took me off to see if it was causing it. It wasn't. I've still got the hand rashes and they have improved after seeing a dermatologist but she said they might continue to come back from time to time. I've been off all meds for two years now. I stopped taking it because it made my body a furnace. I do not have metastic to the bone however. I was stage 3a.

Just wanted to say hi to
    Just wanted to say hi to you.

Sue :)
  • jcsayles
    Options
    Marcia527 said:

rashes and sores
    Marcia,
    You look to young to be doing all this. I got the rash and sores all over when I started with Taxotere infusion they wanted to be sure it was that that cause them so two rounds of that stuff. I was covered on my hairless head and stomach not fun. It was the cause of mine, I surely hope this Aromasin isn't sister to taxotere as that would not be good. Yes, hot flashes like crazy for the last couple of days. Well I am hoping no reaction from this and move forward especially if it keeps my markers down.
    Just a thought have you tried talking with an herbalist the more natural route just a thought. I know I was thinking about it but the markers went too high so had to take a more direct method.
    Good luck with your journey.
    Judy
  • phoenixrising
    phoenixrising Member Posts: 1,508
    Options
    Hi JC, I went from
    Hi JC, I went from Tamoxifen to Arimidex and both were really hard on me. I'm now on Aromasin and it's been the kindest so far so I think I'll stick with it. I am no professional by any means but I wonder if your sudden illness is due to it working. I also wonder if you will be going on Zometa (zoledronic acid) as it makes the bone hostile to breast cancer. It will be interesting to see what your markers are in a few months, we certainly hope they go down and that Aromasin is actually working for you. All my best to you......
    jan
  • Marcia527
    Marcia527 Member Posts: 2,729
    Options
    jcsayles said:

rashes and sores
    Marcia,
    You look to young to be doing all this. I got the rash and sores all over when I started with Taxotere infusion they wanted to be sure it was that that cause them so two rounds of that stuff. I was covered on my hairless head and stomach not fun. It was the cause of mine, I surely hope this Aromasin isn't sister to taxotere as that would not be good. Yes, hot flashes like crazy for the last couple of days. Well I am hoping no reaction from this and move forward especially if it keeps my markers down.
    Just a thought have you tried talking with an herbalist the more natural route just a thought. I know I was thinking about it but the markers went too high so had to take a more direct method.
    Good luck with your journey.
    Judy

I only look young because
    I only look young because I'm upside down. :) I think I'm starting my second childhood.

The Aromasin wasn't causing the sores and rashes. Haven't found what caused it. The side effect I had was the internal furnace. In the North I could adjust but we moved to Texas and the weather is too hot to have the furnace going. The medication just cost too much so I dropped it. Now I am almost 6 years out (diagnosed in 2003) so I'm just not going to worry about it. I haven't tried a herbalist. Guess it couldn't hurt. Thanks for the suggestion. All my problems I'm having now are connected to Parkinson's not cancer.
  • taleena
    taleena Member Posts: 1,612 Member
    Options
    JC just wanted to welcome
    JC just wanted to welcome you... these people here are an amazing group, I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you found us... you will find a wealth of information, support and friendship here... wish I could help out on the hormone therapy stuff, but I haven't started mine yet, and still searching for information on Zoladex injections... Best of luck to you.. again, welcome.

~T
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options
    taleena said:

JC just wanted to welcome
    JC just wanted to welcome you... these people here are an amazing group, I'm sorry for the reason you are here, but glad you found us... you will find a wealth of information, support and friendship here... wish I could help out on the hormone therapy stuff, but I haven't started mine yet, and still searching for information on Zoladex injections... Best of luck to you.. again, welcome.

~T

Welcome Jc. I am not on any
    Welcome Jc. I am not on any hormone therapy drugs yet. But, I see you have been given some advice by others. Glad to see you on the site, except sorry for the reason.

♥ Kylez ♥
  • tommaseena
    tommaseena Member Posts: 1,769
    Options
    Kylez said:

Welcome Jc. I am not on any
    Welcome Jc. I am not on any hormone therapy drugs yet. But, I see you have been given some advice by others. Glad to see you on the site, except sorry for the reason.

♥ Kylez ♥

Welcome Judy
    Welcome Judy to this wonderful site filled with awesome people. I have not been on any hormone therapy drugs either so I can't help.

Hugs,
    Margo
  • jcsayles
    Options

Hi JC, I went from
    Hi JC, I went from Tamoxifen to Arimidex and both were really hard on me. I'm now on Aromasin and it's been the kindest so far so I think I'll stick with it. I am no professional by any means but I wonder if your sudden illness is due to it working. I also wonder if you will be going on Zometa (zoledronic acid) as it makes the bone hostile to breast cancer. It will be interesting to see what your markers are in a few months, we certainly hope they go down and that Aromasin is actually working for you. All my best to you......
    jan

Aromasin
    Hi Jan
    I agree in fact talk with the doctor today and we both agreed that this is a good sign. And it takes time for your body to get use to the drug. Zometa was suggested at an earlier time so I would agree an option. I pray the Aromasin lowers the markers...thanks for your advice and well wishes.
  • jcsayles
    Options
    Noel said:

Welcome jcs
    Hi and welcome. I haven't been on Aromasin or Tamox. But, I wanted to say hi. Someone will post with info for you!

♥ Noel

Thanks
    Thanks Noel for the welcome yes this is a wonderful group....