Day 33 of Pammy's Rads

Options
Akiss4me
Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
I am getting sooooo close! I was laying there imagining that they surprised me and said today would have been my last day, but that didn't happen (sad face).
The Doc checked me over and made sure I was handling my symptoms well. Said my skin looked great....I laughed. He explained that he has seen much worse. I guess he has, but I assured him that I haven't!!
He did explain that what I see on the outside is what was happening on the inside coming out. Then it hit me!! How long do you think it took for all that deep tissue to surface? Wow, there was some major activity going on in there!! No wonder my boobie was sore everytime it moved!! No wonder my body had a hard time keeping up!! Now it all makes sense.
He also advised me that it will take 2 months to 2 years to recover from this. (Gulp)....I hope it is closer to the 2 months, but at least I will know it is normal if any symptoms linger. Wow....that sounds like a long time! Sigh.....
Pammy

Comments

• traceyt
    traceyt Member Posts: 77
    Options
    Not too much longer
    Pammy
    So glad to hear you are almost done...it is hard to believe 6+ weeks have gone by since I found this incredible board. You continue to be an insparation to so many! You should go out and celebrate when rads are behind you!!
    ((hugs))
    Tracey
  • aurora2009
    aurora2009 Member Posts: 544 Member
    Options
    Wow Pammy
    That's a long time!, I'm planning on working part time while I do rad's. At least I think I am, I got to figure out a way to go bra less with no one knowing first!

When is you last day? Monday or Tuesday? I'll be waiting!!!!

Aurora

PS That's my boy on the left. He's the one upset that I'm not doing chemo, because he wanted to see me bald!!!!!!!!!
  • Akiss4me
    Options

Wow Pammy
    That's a long time!, I'm planning on working part time while I do rad's. At least I think I am, I got to figure out a way to go bra less with no one knowing first!

When is you last day? Monday or Tuesday? I'll be waiting!!!!

Aurora

PS That's my boy on the left. He's the one upset that I'm not doing chemo, because he wanted to see me bald!!!!!!!!!

Awww...
    He is adorable!
    I think hubby is planning something for my last day (Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday) because he is on call and has informed his supervisor not to bother calling him out as he will NOT be available. (Whoops!) He accidently let that slip!
    Hmmmmm....I wonder what he has planned? It can't be much, as we took our vacation money (and anything else we had left) and helped our daughter with the down payment on her house which left us TOTALLY broke. (scary broke for me!) But my children are my life and I didn't want her to miss this oportunity because she was short some of the down payment.
    We had some help on our down payment for our first home (which we still live in!) and I know what it feels like when you find the one you want. She did have a convincing point....the downstairs has a Mother-in-law suite, if ever we should need to move in with them!!
    Pammy
  • MAJW
    MAJW Member Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

Awww...
    He is adorable!
    I think hubby is planning something for my last day (Tuesday, since Monday is a holiday) because he is on call and has informed his supervisor not to bother calling him out as he will NOT be available. (Whoops!) He accidently let that slip!
    Hmmmmm....I wonder what he has planned? It can't be much, as we took our vacation money (and anything else we had left) and helped our daughter with the down payment on her house which left us TOTALLY broke. (scary broke for me!) But my children are my life and I didn't want her to miss this oportunity because she was short some of the down payment.
    We had some help on our down payment for our first home (which we still live in!) and I know what it feels like when you find the one you want. She did have a convincing point....the downstairs has a Mother-in-law suite, if ever we should need to move in with them!!
    Pammy

YEAH PAMMY!
    I am so glad you are almost finished rads......light at the end of the tunnel! I have yet to begin my rads....will find out next Wednesday, my schedule....again, YEAH PAMMY!
    Nancy
  • lynn1950
    lynn1950 Member Posts: 2,570
    Options
    Yay, Pammy! Only one more
    Yay, Pammy! Only one more to go. I wish you a happy, restful weekend and a glorious celebration Tuesday. xoxoxo Lynn
  • sgamtd
    sgamtd Member Posts: 124
    Options
    lynn1950 said:

Yay, Pammy! Only one more
    Yay, Pammy! Only one more to go. I wish you a happy, restful weekend and a glorious celebration Tuesday. xoxoxo Lynn

Pammy's Rads
    Hi,
    So glad for you that you are almost done, enjoy the 3 day holiday weekend,
    and many thanks for your postings, both on rads and other subjects.
    sgamtd
  • Akiss4me
    Options
    sgamtd said:

Pammy's Rads
    Hi,
    So glad for you that you are almost done, enjoy the 3 day holiday weekend,
    and many thanks for your postings, both on rads and other subjects.
    sgamtd

You know what?
    I am one of those people that I think will be here for a long, long time. Sgamtd, I will tell you ALL my stories...just ask! Even if you are bored and want to take your mind off things (even if temporarily?) Just ask!! I have had such a blessed and adventerous life, that I LOVE to share (even if all I get is a smile!). Pammy