Day 4 of Sue's Rads

Options
Ritzy
Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
When my hubby and I got there today, we had a few minutes to sit in the waiting room. There were a couple of older people putting a puzzle together that were so cute. And, I talked some to a woman there that is getting rads for throat cancer. She was really nice. She is an ex-smoker. I felt sorry for her. She seemed to keep blaming herself. Her hubby seemed very protective of her. He kept telling her to not talk so much. But just then, one of the rad techs came out and told me " my carriage was awaiting". lol They are sooooo nice and so funny. I actually like going just to talk and joke with the techs.

Sue :)

Comments

• susie09
    susie09 Member Posts: 2,930
    Options
    Puzzles everywhere
    OMG, they must have puzzles in every rad waiting room. They had a couple of big ones at my cancer center. People really seemed to like them. Glad you got to talk to someone and didn't get rushed back so quickly. Congrats!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣
  • outdoorgirl
    outdoorgirl Member Posts: 1,565
    Options
    Sue,
    I enjoyed my techs,nurses,and oncs as well-still do.I think that Moopy had said something once before too-even if your medical care givers might come across as a little cold,be nice and try to start up a conversation anyways and you'll be surprised how their demeanor changes.
    I met some other patients in the waiting room while going through rads who are still friends of mine today and that was well over a year ago!
    Glad that you are having a good experience with rads so far-hope it continues to be that way!
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options

Sue,
    I enjoyed my techs,nurses,and oncs as well-still do.I think that Moopy had said something once before too-even if your medical care givers might come across as a little cold,be nice and try to start up a conversation anyways and you'll be surprised how their demeanor changes.
    I met some other patients in the waiting room while going through rads who are still friends of mine today and that was well over a year ago!
    Glad that you are having a good experience with rads so far-hope it continues to be that way!

I
    really liked my everyone at my center too. I wonder if everyone does. It seems like most do. That is sad about the throat cancer lady. I know I met a lot of people that were so much worse off than me, that I felt lucky almost. Glad it is going well for you!

I wonder if my new avatar is going to creep someone out. Guess I will see
  • Ritzy
    Options
    susie09 said:

Puzzles everywhere
    OMG, they must have puzzles in every rad waiting room. They had a couple of big ones at my cancer center. People really seemed to like them. Glad you got to talk to someone and didn't get rushed back so quickly. Congrats!

♠♣ Susie ♠♣

Yea, it was nice to have a
    Yea, it was nice to have a few minutes to talk to some of the people there. They always smile and say hi to my hubby and I, but, we always get taken back so quickly. I hope to get to know more of them a lot better. Maybe, we will have to go earlier.

• Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Options
    You will meet some new friends!
    You just have that type personality where I know you will meet some new friends. I never did (pouting) because they took me as soon as I walked in! I even tried to go earlier, but guess what? No one was there!!
    The center I go to here does not have a puzzle, but the one I go to in Pittsburg (AGH) has one. I walked over to check it out and guess what? Yep, they took me back!! I was even early 1/2 hours that day. Apparently, so were they...just my luck!! LOL Pammy
  • Ritzy
    Options

Sue,

Hi outdoorgirl! My rad
    Hi outdoorgirl! My rad techs and my radiation oncologist are great! I already love them and it has only been a few days. My husband said he could hear me laughing with them in "that room" when they were setting me up, but, I know it is impossible. I think it is surrounded in solid lead or something. lol

I am hoping to be able to talk more to the people there. If you haven't noticed, I am kind of outgoing lol

Thanks!

• peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    good going
    way to on day 4 glad it went well hon gl tomorrow and god bless luv peggy
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Options
    Akiss4me said:

You will meet some new friends!
    You just have that type personality where I know you will meet some new friends. I never did (pouting) because they took me as soon as I walked in! I even tried to go earlier, but guess what? No one was there!!
    The center I go to here does not have a puzzle, but the one I go to in Pittsburg (AGH) has one. I walked over to check it out and guess what? Yep, they took me back!! I was even early 1/2 hours that day. Apparently, so were they...just my luck!! LOL Pammy

wtg
    gg on radiation today pammy hope you are almost done god bless luv peggy
  • lolad
    lolad Member Posts: 670
    Options

I
    really liked my everyone at my center too. I wonder if everyone does. It seems like most do. That is sad about the throat cancer lady. I know I met a lot of people that were so much worse off than me, that I felt lucky almost. Glad it is going well for you!

I hate spiders!!!!!
    Sue im glad that you enjoy your center. Mine is so drab and doesnt offer a thing for the patients.

laura
  • Ritzy
    Options

good going
    way to on day 4 glad it went well hon gl tomorrow and god bless luv peggy

Thank you. I sure hope
    Thank you. I sure hope yours goes good today too. So sorry about the cellulitis Peggy.

• Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Options
    Ritzy said:

Thank you. I sure hope
    Thank you. I sure hope yours goes good today too. So sorry about the cellulitis Peggy.

Aw
    I remember the puzzles. They were always those huge ones and someone was always there. Glad your rads are going well for you still. Love your pic!

♥ Noel
  • Ritzy
    Options

I

Yikes! Your spider! Love
    Yikes! Your spider! Love it! It is sad about the throat cancer lady, but, she seems so nice. I hope to get to know her better. Even when I start feeling a little down, I realize there are always people a lot worse off than me, and, that makes me snap right out of it.

• survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Options
    lolad said:

I hate spiders!!!!!
    Sue im glad that you enjoy your center. Mine is so drab and doesnt offer a thing for the patients.

laura

You don't like spiders? lol
    You don't like spiders? lol I don't think many do, do they?
  • Kylez
    Kylez Member Posts: 3,761 Member
    Options

wtg
    gg on radiation today pammy hope you are almost done god bless luv peggy

Good job!
    Good job Sue and you too Peggy! You gals are doing great!

♥ Kylez ♥