Options
2»

Comments

• Rague
    Rague Member Posts: 3,653 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

The ENT Dr is out of town
    The ENT Dr is out of town and the earliest appt possible with him is on the 14th. He is the one that Dr. T. wants me to see so I'll wait for him. I see Dr. T. on Wed. before chemo so I'll find out more then.

Thank you all for your prayers/thoughts - they do help.

Susan

Probably good news!
    I saw the ENT Dr. ysterday afternoon and basically the news is good as far as we know now. He said that it is very rare for BC to spread to the area and nothing he saw looked like it had. It does appear that at time(s) in the past that there has been some inflamation in the area, that is probably what showed up on the PET scan. He decided, though, due to my history of having had radiation to my throat after tonsilectomy in 1948 when I was 1 1/2 - 2 years old, it was best to be safe so he did a biopsy. Will have the results by the end of the week.

Also saw the surgeon's PA yesterday AM. I was pretty sure I wouldn't actually see the Surgeon unless there wasn't progress from the chemo and as Dr. T. had said last Wed. that it had shrunk a fair bit after the first chemo and he could feel a margin now, I was pretty sure I'd just see the PA. The PA did go talk with Dr. G. and came back saying that he didn't want to see me for 6 weeks which will be after the currently scheduled chemo and that I would see Dr. G. then.

So all is going good apparently now.

Susan
  • Moopy23
    Moopy23 Member Posts: 1,751 Member
    Options
    Rague said:

Probably good news!
    I saw the ENT Dr. ysterday afternoon and basically the news is good as far as we know now. He said that it is very rare for BC to spread to the area and nothing he saw looked like it had. It does appear that at time(s) in the past that there has been some inflamation in the area, that is probably what showed up on the PET scan. He decided, though, due to my history of having had radiation to my throat after tonsilectomy in 1948 when I was 1 1/2 - 2 years old, it was best to be safe so he did a biopsy. Will have the results by the end of the week.

Also saw the surgeon's PA yesterday AM. I was pretty sure I wouldn't actually see the Surgeon unless there wasn't progress from the chemo and as Dr. T. had said last Wed. that it had shrunk a fair bit after the first chemo and he could feel a margin now, I was pretty sure I'd just see the PA. The PA did go talk with Dr. G. and came back saying that he didn't want to see me for 6 weeks which will be after the currently scheduled chemo and that I would see Dr. G. then.

So all is going good apparently now.

Susan

Looking Good!
    Rague, thank you for updating us. It was a long wait for the ENT, wasn't it? You handled it amazingly well.

This news is very good. In my experience,doctors don't go out on a limb unless they are very confident. Sounds like your doctor is cautious and likes to be certain of his diagnosis.

Good news also about the chemo working. Let us know the biopsy results. I know you are still nervous, as anyone would be. Hopefully, you can rest a little easier now, with the reassuring opinion of your doctor.