I think I'm back?

lszk4kids
lszk4kids Member Posts: 10
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
This breast cancer thing really keeps you busy, doesn't it? Oh, and the vicadin seems to be keeping me asleep! Yep, they're both gone, just some gauze, ace bandages, tape. and these two reaaly gross bottles of body fluid that have to be measured and dumped a couple times a day. I'm hoping tommorrow at my one week dr. appt. that the drains will be gone too. Seriously, this has not been that bad. This tiny lump was caught early and I chose the mastectomies instead of all the radiation treatments, my lymph nodes were clear, so they only had to take two of those. The pain is not really THAT bad, I just like the drugs!!It does hurt a little.
My husband and children are wonderful. I think at times this is harder on them..(no drugs and I'm not sharing) God, once again has given me the strength and faith to get through this. I know that now I will see an oncologist to start chemo, but I've won! I have to figure out what I'm going to do with this second chance..something in the cancer area..YA THINK? I'm 55.A wife, mother, grandmother, I am now a cancer survivor!
I really love this site and hope to contribute more, I'm not so good on the computor, and most the time I get all my questions answered just reading what's been posted.My love and prayers to all of you, Karen

Comments

• creampuff91344
    creampuff91344 Member Posts: 988
    Congratulations on
    Congratulations on completing the surgery.....now you start down the path to being a survivor. We are all here to help, no matter how many quetions you have, and there is always someone who has the answer...or close to it. Glad to hear the surgery wasn't that bad, and with the upcoming chemo, you will do fine. Sending hugs and prayers.

Judy
  • mlmjt1
    mlmjt1 Member Posts: 537
    Hi Karen
    Sounds like you are doing really well...chemo isnt a cake walk but it is do able. Just rest up, get healed, get those drains out and keep on plugging!!!

Hugs
    Linda T
  • chenheart
    chenheart Member Posts: 5,159
    You sound wonderful~
    You sound wonderful~ congratulations! May the next 55 be even better than the first!

Post whenever you feel like it; the great thing about the boards is that no one knows how looooong it takes us to write, and how many mistakes we make, and how many times we edit it before we hit Post! And those times we don't feel like writing, the reading is just so incredible. Full of such insight, compassion and, and empathy. If we were the United Nations, the problems of the world would not be just figured out, but dealt with!

Be well, those yukky drains will soon be out!

Hugs,
    Claudia
  • Kat11
    Kat11 Member Posts: 1,931 Member
    chenheart said:

You sound wonderful~
    You sound wonderful~ congratulations! May the next 55 be even better than the first!

Post whenever you feel like it; the great thing about the boards is that no one knows how looooong it takes us to write, and how many mistakes we make, and how many times we edit it before we hit Post! And those times we don't feel like writing, the reading is just so incredible. Full of such insight, compassion and, and empathy. If we were the United Nations, the problems of the world would not be just figured out, but dealt with!

Be well, those yukky drains will soon be out!

Hugs,
    Claudia

Thats great that you are
    Thats great that you are getting through this ok. What we don't go through right.
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Hi Karen
    Glad to see you are hanging in there. I don't blame you...I didn't share my drugs either (teehee)!! It's really amazing what our bodies can go through, huh? Keep posting and keep us up to date. Pammy
  • Ritzy
    Ritzy Member Posts: 4,381 Member
    Akiss4me said:

Hi Karen
    Glad to see you are hanging in there. I don't blame you...I didn't share my drugs either (teehee)!! It's really amazing what our bodies can go through, huh? Keep posting and keep us up to date. Pammy

You sound so positive!
    You sound so positive! Wonderful to read that!

Sue :)
  • survivorbc09
    survivorbc09 Member Posts: 4,374 Member
    Ritzy said:

You sound so positive!
    You sound so positive! Wonderful to read that!

Sue :)

Hi Karen. Glad your surgery
    Hi Karen. Glad your surgery is over. Relax and recuperate now. Post again when you feel like it to update us.

HUGS
  • VickiSam
    VickiSam Member Posts: 9,079 Member
    You are 1 gusty LADY... you sound so calm and at peace
    with your decision have both girls taken. I too will be having a bi lateral mac'tmy after my chemo cocktail treatments, sometime in early January. I will cherish your comments, and hope that I am graceful after surgery.

Congradulations on clear lymph nodes!!! Yes, you are a cancer suvivor - no one can ever take that away from you. EVER.

Best of luck with your post op follow up appointment.

VickiSam