peggy day one radiation

peggypeggy
peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
edited March 2014 in Breast Cancer #1
the long haul began monday went fine it was quick but now i am scared i was reading some of the girls post that it could hit heart and lungs my oncologist didnt tell me that my tumor was on nipples more to the outside can it hit the lung im going to ask today im so nerveous now will post tonight about my second day god bless you all luv peggy

Comments

  • ppurdin
    ppurdin Member Posts: 1,181
    Radiation
    Hi,I HAVE NOT HAD RADIATION YET.bUT THAT IS A QUESTION I ASK MY DR. IF IT DAMAGED OTHER ORGANS.SHE SAID IT IS NOT AS APPT. TO NOW WITH THE NEWER EQUITMENT THEY USE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND i am so sorry to hear about lossing your MOM.THAT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS FOR ME TWO.SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO FIGHT THIS CANCER AND BE OK.GOD BLESS YOU. PAT.
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    ppurdin said:

    Radiation
    Hi,I HAVE NOT HAD RADIATION YET.bUT THAT IS A QUESTION I ASK MY DR. IF IT DAMAGED OTHER ORGANS.SHE SAID IT IS NOT AS APPT. TO NOW WITH THE NEWER EQUITMENT THEY USE.GOOD LUCK TO YOU AND i am so sorry to hear about lossing your MOM.THAT WAS ONE OF THE HARDEST THINGS FOR ME TWO.SHE WOULD WANT YOU TO FIGHT THIS CANCER AND BE OK.GOD BLESS YOU. PAT.

    ty
    i will post day 2 god bless luv peggy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member
    Good luck to you, Peggy.
    Good luck to you, Peggy. I'm a ways away from radiation yet but my radiation oncologist did tell me when I met with him that because of the location of my tumor in my left breast that when I did get radiation that it would clip the top of my left lung. I asked the dangers of that and he said none really unless you were on oxygen. I believe the benefits far outway any of the danger involved to other organs. Best of luck as you get through this stage of your treatment!!
  • Akiss4me
    Akiss4me Member Posts: 2,188
    Peggy
    Congratulations on your first day of radiation! Do not worry about your heart or lungs. You will be fine. Each time you go to radiation treatments you will become less afraid and eventually fall into a routine. Do not be nervous....deep breath! Hope today goes well for you also. Pammy
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    MyTurnNow said:

    Good luck to you, Peggy.
    Good luck to you, Peggy. I'm a ways away from radiation yet but my radiation oncologist did tell me when I met with him that because of the location of my tumor in my left breast that when I did get radiation that it would clip the top of my left lung. I asked the dangers of that and he said none really unless you were on oxygen. I believe the benefits far outway any of the danger involved to other organs. Best of luck as you get through this stage of your treatment!!

    ty
    thank you very much what are you having done hon did you have surgery yet if i can help let me know also read my posts about financial help i researched so you might not have to have any out of pocket expenisve grom bras to gas reimbursment home health care after surgery med etc god bless luv peggy
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Akiss4me said:

    Peggy
    Congratulations on your first day of radiation! Do not worry about your heart or lungs. You will be fine. Each time you go to radiation treatments you will become less afraid and eventually fall into a routine. Do not be nervous....deep breath! Hope today goes well for you also. Pammy

    ty
    thank you pammy how many more for you hon your almost done right god bless have a good day today at radiation luv peggy
  • MyTurnNow
    MyTurnNow Member Posts: 2,686 Member

    ty
    thank you very much what are you having done hon did you have surgery yet if i can help let me know also read my posts about financial help i researched so you might not have to have any out of pocket expenisve grom bras to gas reimbursment home health care after surgery med etc god bless luv peggy

    Yes, Peggy, I had a
    Yes, Peggy, I had a lumpectomy on July 7th and started my chemo on 8/13. If all goes as scheduled, I will finish up chemo on 10/15. Then, on to 6 weeks or so of radiation. I'm taking it one day at a time but with a very positive outlook. I have too much living yet to do to do it any other way. Take care!
  • Noel
    Noel Member Posts: 3,095 Member
    Don't take what others say
    Don't take what others say and apply them to you Peggy. That is the main thing. You just listen to what your own rads oncologist has told you. We are all different and even have different rad treatments. With the new machines today, they don't send radiation thru your body, like in the old days or with the old machines. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but, your rads onco can. It is like concave, where it stops before it hits or is even close to any organ in your body. Just relax and ask your rads oncologist to show you how it works. That will put your mind at ease.

    ♥Noel
  • Alexis F
    Alexis F Member Posts: 3,598
    Noel said:

    Don't take what others say
    Don't take what others say and apply them to you Peggy. That is the main thing. You just listen to what your own rads oncologist has told you. We are all different and even have different rad treatments. With the new machines today, they don't send radiation thru your body, like in the old days or with the old machines. I don't know exactly how to describe it, but, your rads onco can. It is like concave, where it stops before it hits or is even close to any organ in your body. Just relax and ask your rads oncologist to show you how it works. That will put your mind at ease.

    ♥Noel

    Peggy, have your radiation
    Peggy, have your radiation oncologist show you your file which will show you exactly how the radiation is being done on you. It is so different now than it used to be. It only targets what it is suppose to and your heart or lungs is not a part of that. It doesn't shoot thru you. You are protected. The main person and the only one that can really help you is your rads oncologist. Please talk to him and feel safe.

    Lex♥
  • peggypeggy
    peggypeggy Member Posts: 111
    Alexis F said:

    Peggy, have your radiation
    Peggy, have your radiation oncologist show you your file which will show you exactly how the radiation is being done on you. It is so different now than it used to be. It only targets what it is suppose to and your heart or lungs is not a part of that. It doesn't shoot thru you. You are protected. The main person and the only one that can really help you is your rads oncologist. Please talk to him and feel safe.

    Lex♥

    thank you
    thank you very much he explained everythng and showed me i feel much better day 2 today went well very quick god bless luv peggy